Gearheads Unite!

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I proposed this a while back in another thread, but thought I'd post it on it's own... My proposal for a Pearl Jam Gearhead Commune...

All PJ fans/Gearheads move to a single location, buy a 100-acre commune, pool their financial resources, and build the ultimate in gear-sharing communities! We'll have Deluxes and Twin Reverbs and Rectifiers and Plexis and Oranges, we'll have Marshall cabs and Fender cabs and SWR cabs and Ampeg cabs, SVT's, maybe we'll kidnap Trentino and convert him to our cause...

Get some recording gear, build a studio, have a Studer 2-inch 24-track, an Ampex 1-inch 8-track, and Pro-Tools for edit and mix-down. Some Neve channels, an Amek recording console, some TL Audio tube pre's, some Joe Meek tube compressors, Avalon DI's.

A stage with EAW speakers, a Midas XL3 at front of house, a PM3000 at monitors... with digital snake running to the studio for live recordings...

Anybody in?
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    like i said before, i'll make the pedalboards and switching systems.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    smack me around and lock me like a Sperzel I'm in.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I'll come round for the holidays, but that's all. I'm pretty crazy, but not yet completely bonkers :D
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Yeah, I guess we could arrange for some Timeshare units...

I get to be house engineer for the live stage. Unless Brett joins. I'd let Brett be house engineer.

What else do we need for our gearhead commune?

Name?
  • Originally posted by pearlwax
    I'll come round for the holidays, but that's all. I'm pretty crazy, but not yet completely bonkers :D

Although those Fender Twin Rverbs sound damn' fine...
    Robert Keeley

Zachary Vex

Dave Fox

the guy who invented EAW loudspeakers......
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    trentino.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Sounded good until I realized we'd be camped in Montana rockin out. Can anyone spell ATF and FBI. Count me out and I'm taking paco with me.
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    I proposed this a while back in another thread, but thought I'd post it on it's own... My proposal for a Pearl Jam Gearhead Commune...

All PJ fans/Gearheads move to a single location, buy a 100-acre commune, pool their financial resources, and build the ultimate in gear-sharing communities! We'll have Deluxes and Twin Reverbs and Rectifiers and Plexis and Oranges, we'll have Marshall cabs and Fender cabs and SWR cabs and Ampeg cabs, SVT's, maybe we'll kidnap Trentino and convert him to our cause...

Get some recording gear, build a studio, have a Studer 2-inch 24-track, an Ampex 1-inch 8-track, and Pro-Tools for edit and mix-down. Some Neve channels, an Amek recording console, some TL Audio tube pre's, some Joe Meek tube compressors, Avalon DI's.

A stage with EAW speakers, a Midas XL3 at front of house, a PM3000 at monitors... with digital snake running to the studio for live recordings...

Anybody in?
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Jeff's from Montana... now lives (well, part time anyways) in Missoula.

But that's not to say we've got to be in Montana. In fact, I hadn't really thought about a location until you mentioned it.

But watch out about trash-talking Montana. At least, until you've been here. The Swan valley in the Mission Mountains would be a beautiful location for a PJ Gearhead Commune.

Take a look:
    http://montanakids.com/dbaseimages/474.gif
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Jeff's from Montana... now lives (well, part time anyways) in Missoula.

But watch out about trash-talking Montana. At least, until you've been here. The Swan valley in the Mission Mountains would be a beautiful location for a PJ Gearhead Commune.

Take a look:
    http://montanakids.com/dbaseimages/474.gif

It was joke, lighten up. I love wide open places. And I have been to Montana about 21/2 yrs. ago, Billings and Mile High City area did some camping and visited the Badlands and Custard's place.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    yeah well we're probably going to need a man who knows how to get things.

Anybody know Red's number?

the colombia river valley would be nice too. Pero, too cold in the winter. I like to be warm.