is thier anything i could do to help it, can take it back

maybe my digitech heyy
"thiers still time to escape, youve got time to escape
thiers still time so escape,,,,
auuuhhheehhh yaeeahh "
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    cheap fenders lick balls I feel your pain I own a Ultimate Chorus but it's an older one Way to loud.

Take it back, get a tube amp. Fenders had more problems with the Dyna touch line than anything else in their history. You bought it for looks, go back and get a tube amp.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    oh fuck. the guy i used to jam with had an ultimate chorus. fuck i hated that amp.
    ultimately crappy chorus. I hated chorus until I realized I didn't have a chorus I had a pile of crap.

That amp sounds great when you eq it right on the clean channel and I was young and dumb what can I say. I saved for that bastard too. I could have a had a beautiful green Trace Elliot but I was stupid. I wanted 120 watts and 2 12's what was I thinking. All that power with no where to go. well I've graduated anyway but it still sounds good on my brother inlaws strat with the volume up over half and a little verb. I miss reverb.

Fender Solid State amps suck ass as a general rule.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    the guy i jammed with used two solid state fenders and the eq was fucked. it was like a meat thermometer in my ears.

this was when i was playing a 4x10 deville and a 1x12 deluxe.
    wow. I can see that grinding on you those amps are extremely loud. You had tone in your corner he had volume.

When will people learn Volume does not equal tallent?
    the guy was a great player. really inventive. taught me some really cool things. but he had no tone.
    If he'd had say a 59 bassman and a tubescreamer he would have been great.
    i can't ride his ass too hard. he was a student at the time making due with what he had. and he and his band did manage to make a couple cassettes back in the day.
    he managed 2 big 500 dollar fenders. A couple of cassetes equal a fairly successful small band. One day I hope to release a cassete.
  • i think i will just splice my acoustasonic and my 90 watt fender

and make my own sound, fuck the pre amps, and other shit
    auuuhhheehhh yaeeahh "
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Fender Solid State amps suck ass as a general rule.

Preach on, brother! My first amp was a Fender Stage 112. Solid state, 100 watts, two channels and 'verb. Not bad, per se, but definitely not good. I don't feel bad saying that all Fender 'state amps suck. Roland has a couple good 'state amps, but they're sort of the exception.

Oh, and my Fender Roc Pro is actually pretty good. State pre in the clean channel, state power amp, but a 12AX7 in the gain stage of the dirty channel. It's my ol' reliable. I've been very happy with it, anyways. Although my Tubescreamer sounds like ass in front of the clean channel... just have to use the on-board distortion from the amp instead. But with a tube there, I can't complain.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • honeslty the sound is clean and nice but it just doesnt seem like
    the power i want maybe im trippin

deluxe 90 reply

i celestian 12
    auuuhhheehhh yaeeahh "
    Solid states are pretty reliable. My Ultimate had a soldier joint come loose and that's about it. It traveled quite a bit. Once I eq'd it right it was ok, but I like amps at or around about half way on the volume knob (the peak measured output in most tube amps) for my cleans. The ultimate was killing people at this volume. One time I did an auditorium show just me and my acoustic at my college. My amp was louder than the PA and I had no monitors through an acoustic with the amp on 4.

Solid State is reliable but I just love amps that oooze power tube overdrive thus my love affair with old fenders and small british amps. My gain is usually down low (I like to play hard)

If at some point I have a space isolated enough to get a stack I'd get a big head and 4x12 in a heartbeat.

I just love the look, feel, sound and smell of tube amps.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Any tube amp will sound louder, watt-for-watt, than a solid-state amp.

A 40-watt Fender Hot Rod DeVille will sound lots louder than your Deluxe 90-watt. Both have single 12" speakers.

Go for tubes, you'll never go back.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    solid states are rated at peak (max volume)

Tube amps are rated at peak before distortion (max wattage before overdrive.)

So a 100 watt Marshall amp maxxed to the hilt will be pushing 199 Watts. With enough speaker cabs attacthed to this amp the sound will be extremely loud.

To provide perspective Orange makes a 140 watt model and in the 60's Hiwatt built 300 watt all tube power slaves in the days before PA's

Chain 4 of those toegther with a 50 watt head and Pete Townsend has 1250 all tube watts at his disposal before distortion.

Understand why Pete is deaf?
  • how deaf is pete?????
    auuuhhheehhh yaeeahh "
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    i have a 120 watt fender twin reverb II tube ampe from 1980....

fuck its loud

i wish i could crank that thing u, but of course i cant turn up the volume past 3..and thats still too loud for stage....soundguys hate me, im working on it though...