ok, after much prodding from my sig-o

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
i decided i will continue to pursue this pedal thing. what i'm doing is different enough from loooper to justify my existence.

now if my damn parts would arrive so i can finish the first versions. :mad:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Awesome.

One thing I'd want is a kill switch pedal with a slide switch so it's only off when I step on it.

Have you thought of trying a volume pedal?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    you mean a non-latching switch? like a stutter switch like greenwood has on his teles?

as for the volume pedal. not yet.
    yes. non latching.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    piece of cake. want me to put on in yours? it'll be a little crowded though. or is this something you'd want in a separate box?
    actually yeah if it's not too crowded to work.
    i'll give it a shot. it'll be between the two latching footswitches somewhere. hopefully it'll be workable.

so you want the signal to be:

gtr ----> tuner mute ----> effect loop ----> kill switch ----> outputs?

or do you want the kill switch to stutter just the effects but not mute the amps?
    mute the amps. I want the whole signal dead I think, not that it matters I'm not Tom Morello. I'm only playing to an audience of thousands in my head, and the bugs in the carpet.
    i thought of something better.

gtr ---> tuner mute ----> kill switch ----> effects ----> outputs.

that gives you trailing delays etc. if you use them.
    what is a trailing delay I'd like to try it out. my guess is delay rings after the mute?

Damn I hope I win that Black Box Quicksilver from Musictoyz.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    what is a trailing delay I'd like to try it out. my guess is delay rings after the mute?

yup.
    yup. still not as dumb as I look. I bet that is killer for solos. Now if I only had a reverb Microvibe and delay
    found the switch at radio shack so i can get it today. i'm *really* hoping this thing is ready to go soon.

if i actually go into business, i'll make sure i have a supply of parts on hand of course.
    take your time. No hurry. Genious takes time.
  • robrob Posts: 142
    I say keep going , too exhausted. You've got some great ideas, and eventually something will stick!

I mean, look at that great inventor, Steve Martin , that invented the eyeglasses thingy. Just remember to get insurance!
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!