Black from Dusseldorf!

Drop The Leash 10Drop The Leash 10 Posts: 7,011
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Is the best version IMO. it starts off so energetic and finishes even more energetic. mikes guitar solo was insane and the cool guitar thing he did towards the end. great crowd interaction. and to top it off they play one of the most insane versions of Alive ever! :D
I will be what i could be
Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• anyone agree? :confused:

• smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    never listened to this version,but any version of gods greatest song should be up there on merit alone.
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    anyone agree? :confused:

well how can i listen i need the boot ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I will be what i could be

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    thanks i allways forget about that site ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    anyone agree? :confused:
    don't know how you can tell from the crappy boots.. I hardly ever listen to them because of that and if there's one boot I should have on repeat it's that one!
  • GetALifeGetALife Posts: 553
    Well...I got other favourites, too...Madrid 2007, Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2003, Sao Paulo 2005, etc. ... but since I was there...and it felt so good, like no other version before (I was in Hamburg 2000 and Berlin 2003, too)...it was really touching...I wished it would never stop until all the throats (including mine) would give up singing "du du dut dut du du du duu..."...
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
  • GetALife wrote:
    Well...I got other favourites, too...Madrid 2007, Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2003, Sao Paulo 2005, etc. ... but since I was there...and it felt so good, like no other version before (I was in Hamburg 2000 and Berlin 2003, too)...it was really touching...I wished it would never stop until all the throats (including mine) would give up singing "du du dut dut du du du duu..."...

The whole Düsseldorf-Concert was so damn good. Probably the best concert I've been to. The version of BLACK in Berlin 2006 was even a tiny bit better. Greatest version ever.

AND: They didn't play Berlin in 2003 ...
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Oh wow...I agree. Although, I couldn't get into the song like normal for the following reason:

Stone was doing a hilarious hip wiggle whenever he strummed!

I mean, talk about distracting you from the moment!!!!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • GetALifeGetALife Posts: 553
    The whole Düsseldorf-Concert was so damn good. Probably the best concert I've been to. The version of BLACK in Berlin 2006 was even a tiny bit better. Greatest version ever.

AND: They didn't play Berlin in 2003 ...

That's true ... maybe I'm confused because of my PJ-future (see below)...
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
  • Dusseldorf was definitely the best gig I've ever been to. The vibe there that night was amazing, and the band was on fire. I'm gutted that there's no official bootleg.
    Hey hey it's okay...
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    single best show ive ever been to by any band. electric atmosphere. black was brilliant. i think with berlin last year was brilliant too (the "time heals the wounds" tag was gorgeous and singalong was great) but the overall atmosphere at Dusseldorf was MILES better.

at Scheessel 07 the crowd started the duuddudududooo on their own during the encore break! was beautiful

an unsung black is the Ljubljana 00 one.
    JordyWordy wrote:
    single best show ive ever been to by any band. electric atmosphere. black was brilliant. i think with berlin last year was brilliant too (the "time heals the wounds" tag was gorgeous and singalong was great) but the overall atmosphere at Dusseldorf was MILES better.

at Scheessel 07 the crowd started the duuddudududooo on their own during the encore break! was beautiful

an unsung black is the Ljubljana 00 one.
    yeah, kudos to the Germans: .
    Düsseldorf was the best own gig (shortly followed by Wembley) and Hurricane the best festival this year (and yes I count the Chicago shows in that: atmosphere was nowhere like Europe there!)
    Pegasus wrote:
    Düsseldorf was the best own gig

and we all know why at this point! ;)

thats a major compliment that euro shows outdid (both i assume) chicago gigs?
  • JordyWordy wrote:

it blew away Lolla but not the Vic Theatre. In the top 10 for my boots

• rvprvp Posts: 779
    Is the best version IMO. it starts off so energetic and finishes even more energetic. mikes guitar solo was insane and the cool guitar thing he did towards the end. great crowd interaction. and to top it off they play one of the most insane versions of Alive ever! :D

The Dusseldorf version is beautiful really, I had never listened to it till you brought it up... (you are talking about this one right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns-atGUQoXw)
    I think Black is such a deep and emotional song that when you get to hear it live, to be present I mean, that version becomes the most beautiful one for you. I can’t get enough of Black but still my favorite version is the one I got to presence in Buenos Aires 11.26.2005
    You should check it out (http://www.pearljamlive.com - 2005 November 26, Ferrocarrill Oeste Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina - Track 19), is not very different from the original version maybe but it starts off with the crowd singing and finishes with a “crowd solo”, very nice! And Ed saying “from up here is so beautiful, so”...
    fuera de este mundo
    JordyWordy wrote:

actually think it was the best show regardless, was telling Marit BEFORE they played it.

and yes, including the Vic (you can't compare only on the boots, especially considering the low quality of the Düsseldorf ones)
  • NickrandNickrand Posts: 140
    Black from Berlin '06 was the best version I have witnessed live. I'd take a listen to that one.
    '00 Detroit; '03 Detroit I MSG II Boston III; '04 Toledo Grand Rapids; '05 Thunder Bay Kitchener London; '06 Arnhem Barcelona Marseille Prague Berlin; '07 Chorzow London Duesseldorf Copenhagen Nijmegen Lollapalooza; '08 EV LA II EV SD I DC MSG I/II EV Montreal I/II EV Toronto I/II EV Chicago I/II; '09 EV Memphis EV Atlanta I/II Berlin Manchester London Sydney Brisbane Auckland Christchurch; '10 Noblesville Cleveland Dublin Belfast Berlin; '11 EV Detroit EV St. Louis EV Minneapolis PJ20 I/II Winnipeg '12 Berlin I/II Stockholm Oslo '13 London Dallas '14 Berlin Stockholm Oslo Detroit
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Probably the only time I'll ever find myself in a raging circle pit in the middle of Black.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,487
    The best version of black ive ever hear has to be the Live At Benaroya Hall version. When the crowd start singing, i swear i get goosebumps and chills up my spine! awe inspiring!!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
    Pegasus wrote:
    actually think it was the best show regardless, was telling Marit BEFORE they played it.

and yes, including the Vic (you can't compare only on the boots, especially considering the low quality of the Düsseldorf ones)

good stuff :)

i havnt yet listened to either vic or duss boots now that i think about it. theres some decent vids of dusseldorf on youtube tho.

2 votes for Dusseldorf it is then...
  • Paris 06 is the best version I've heard in recent times...S.College 2003 & Pittsburgh 00 are also up there.