Options

Save You

PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
this is a great song. Eddie's vocals are amazing on this. I don't know how he does it. they played 73 shows this tour and probably played this song 70 times. and Eddie never missed a note once.

anyways. great song about wanting to help a friend in need.

Save You

I'm gonna save you fucker. Not gonna lose you.
I'm feeling cocky and strong. Can't let you go.
Too important to me. Too important to us. We'd be lost without you.
I'm baby, let yourself fall. I'm right below you now.

And fuck me if I say something you don't wanna hear. Fuck me.
And fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear.
Fuck me if I care but I'm not leaving here.

You helped me when I was down. I'll help when you're down.
Why are you hitting yourself? C'mon hit me instead.
Let's pick up your will. It's grown fat and lazy.
I'm sympathetic as well. Don't go on me now.

And I'm not living this life without you.
I'm selfish and clear.
You're not leaving here without me.
I don't wanna be without my best friend.
Wake up to see you could have it all.

Cause there is but you. And something within you.
It's taken control. Let's beat it. Get up. Let's go.
Oh you're in your own world, let's see the whole world.
Let's pick up your soul.

Fuck me if I say something you don't wanna hear. Fuck me.
Fuck me if you only hear the treble in your head.
Please help me to help you help yourself.

Help me help yourself. Please want me to. Please let me to help you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I looked it up. 73 shows on the Riot Act Tour. Save You was played 69 times.

http://www.pjvault.com/stats2003.html
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    absolutely, this is a great song! i was going thru a rough patch with a friend around the time the album came out and this song totally captured how i was feeling in terms of the frustration of wanting to help them, but them just not getting it!

this part really gets me:
    Cause there is but you. And something within you.
    It's taken control. Let's beat it. Get up. Let's go.
    Oh you're in your own world, let's see the whole world.
    Let's pick up your soul.

and that scream at the end, just freaking brutal! mad love for this song for sure :)
  • Options
    yea the Eddie scream at the end. he hits it every time. well at least every boot I have he hits it...damm awesome stuff......and I like the F-bombs also. :)
  • Options
    hell yea! i love it on the showbox dvd, when i first got it i went STRAIGHT to that song, i just had to see what it looked like live. the whole band just straight up kicking ass all over the stage.

that howl of ed's....damn! that's coming from some place deep inside for sure. and in every version i've heard, he does nail it. it's amazing when a song can capture your feeling like that, where you are so fed up and can't take it anymore and just wanna say fuck you listen!! if a song can shake someone by the shoulders, it's that one for sure!
  • Options
    AND FUCK ME IF I SAY SOMETHING YOU DON'T WANNA HEAR...
    Don't let me know we're invisible
    We could dance, dance, dance thru' the fire
    Dance, dance, dance thru' the fire
  • Options
    I alway's felt that off he goes was about a man who couldn't take it any more so he committed suicide.
    I lost my brother to suicide and seeing the strain in his face like the song say's was to much for him to handle. The flip side is crossing over to the other side, and we will see them on the flip side.
    The picture on the rack wouldn't mean the same any more thats all we have left so the meaning is different.

I could keep going on but I think you have the point.
    This is what the song means to me so please be kind with your replys

Brenda
    He still stands
    And he still gives his love, he just gives it away
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
    A human being that was given to fly

Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
    More results from [www.ccfa.org]

[http://www.geocities.com/brenzx2/]
    In Memory of Michael

• Options
    SAVE YOU LIVE IS FUCKING AWESOME (i think everybody already know that :D)
    We could dance, dance, dance thru' the fire
    Dance, dance, dance thru' the fire
  • Options
    I fucking agree!!! Save You live kicks ass...
  • Options
    Save You on MSG DVD? yes indeed....sweeeeet :)
  • Options
    man if it kicked as much ass as it did on the showbox, what is it gonna be like on the *MSG* DVD??!! was it even more ferocious at that show?? i can't wait!! :D
  • Options
    hells yea. it kicked major ass @ MSG. that whole show kicked ass. can't wait until 11/11!!! :)
  • Options
    weeeeeee i already took that day off, i can't wait!!!! :D i think i may hold off buying the MSG boots at the store until after i see the DVD - is that a good idea? so i can just take in the show visually/aurally as well? *also cuz i spent too much money as it is on bridge and i wanna see if i can find a way to get a ticcie for seattle haha* haha
  • Options
    yea do whatever works. I would buy the DVD first. then buy the bootlegs later. good luck on that seattle tick. i think TM is releasing more day by day....like 2 at a time or somethin.....
  • Options
    yep i think i shall save myself for MSG haha oh what a special day 11/11 will be!

thanks for the luck, i sure need it! i've been checking the TM site several times a day just to see if anything hits, my sis is doing the same too, she is so sweet. she's not a PJ fan but knows how much this would mean to me :)
  • Options
    yea cool. I hope it works out. worst case scenario at least you are going to Bridge school. me? I'm not going to any shows.... :(
  • Options
    i'm sorry philly, i wish you were going too! i don't mean to sound ungrateful about the bridge shows, i am excited beyond words about those! i wish everybody could go to all of 'em, if i won the lottery i'd fly you all out :)

i hope the minitour happens next year, i'll be all over that like white and rice, and it'll be my first time venturing out the state to see them if i am so fortunate!
  • Options
    I know I'm hoping for a mini-summer 2004 tour also. it seems everyone is going to Bridge and/or Benaroya Seattle and I'm going to neither......

oh well. guess I'll have to wait until next summer....:(
  • Options
    awww i'm sorry honey, i'm sure not everyone is going to those shows although i'm sure it must feel like that :( but just think of the mini-tour and the way time is flying it'll be here before we know it! and those will be full all-out rocking no-holds-barred shows too! :D woooo!
  • Options
    yea ok. you are right I guess. summer 2004 tour will kick ass!!! :)....PJ in full blast.... hells yea!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    of course i'm right! hahaha there ya go!! and save you will be cranked up to 11 and beyond - woooooooo hoooooo!! :D
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,719
    they can play this one at every show that i Go to. much love for Save You.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    fuck yes. I love this song. this song kicks my ass every time :)
  • Options
    lnfobnlnfobn Posts: 370
    MUCH agreed!
    Hey, reckless mind,
    Don't throw away your playful beginnings...
  • Options
    I agree very much also!!