Long Road

tachepiranhatachepiranha Posts: 399
I hope some people out there can share my feelings about this song, every time i listen to it, gets me real deep. One of PJ's greatest songs.

"and i wished for so long, cannot stay
all the precious moments, cannot stay
it's not like wings have fallen, cannot stay
but still something's missing, i cannot say yeah
holding hands are daughters and sons
and their faiths are falling down down down down
i have wished for so long
how i wish for you today
will i walk the long road the long road
cannot stay the long road
there's no need to say goodbye say goodbye
all the friends and family
all the memories going round round round
how i wish for you today
and the wind keeps roarin'
and the sky keeps turning grey
and the sun is setting
the sun will rise another day
how i wish for you today
how i wish for you today
will i walk the long road
we all walk the long road
will i walk the long road
we all walk the long road"
I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
-Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
-Barney Gumble-
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    i agree that this is one of their greatest songs. It's in my top 5 PJ favs. can't believe that such a truly sad song about loss and losing loved ones ends up being really positive and somewhat uplifting at the end. i've lost too many loved ones the past year and a half, so when they opened the WPB show this year w/ Long Road, my fiancee and I were very near to tears b/c this one just hits you very hard and smacks your emotions around. honestly, it's one of the most beautiful rock tunes i've ever listened to.
    Live Free or Die!
  • PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
    fucking great song. wow. powerful stuff. simply awesome. I love it as a show opener
  • It's down as one of my funeral songs.

The emotion just blows me away.
    "We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane" - Kilgore trout
  • This song, and the way he sings it, makes me cry. Have you heard the movie soundtrack version? Great.
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • I love the song, it's especially emotional for me at the mo.
    My 2nd fave opener after 'Release'.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• the performance of this song by ed, mike, and neil young on the Tribute to Heroes thing was unreal. i'm glad i was able to find the video clip again, after i had accidentally erased it. the closeups of ed and the emotion he is singing with blows me away.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • There has not been a day that has gone by that I have not listened to this song. Truly, this is Vedders greatest masterpiece. It is a mantra (the repetitions of verses), listen to it over and over again and it will carry you off into a spiritual state. Think of you all the time Roseanne. How I wished for so long, How I wished for you today.
  • The ability this band has to turn negatives into positives is simply overwhelming. Tears are streaming as I type.

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
    this song is awesome. I love it. this is a great opening song Live. just sets the tone for the whole show....

Boston 3 has a super sweet unplugged version of this....awesome