Options

Music Life People

Bu$hleaguerBu$hleaguer Posts: 5
hello

today i was just listening to no code, 5 am lying in bed.... no code

it got me thinking :) do any of you have songs which is like attatched to certain aspects of you life, or people you know

so then i got thinking, i wondered if i could make a plausable list of songs and there reference to people i know, kinda like some kinda dictionary of people i know, but with pearl jam. Heres my list of pearl jam songs and how they remind me of people

The rules are simple, to participate you must have a list of five friends or family, then next to them the song... then if you want a reason for your choice.

1.Ben (manicben): Off He Goes= Bens got this whole rogue thing going on, hes one hell of a friend, and for some reason when i hear this song i can always see Ben riding his bike home from work in the rain, fighting the elements, fighting his way through life

2.Dad : Release= i think this comes from all those things you feel you should say, but both are so proud that you dont, sometimes almost cant. alot of things i connect with in this song, this is my Dads song

3.James: Black= simply put my friend james loves the solo from the london show 2000 tour. also i used to listen to this a hell of alot when this guy used to live next door to me. hes a good friend and hes been through alot these past few years. my hat (if i had a trilby) goes off to him

4.Sister:Given to Fly= what can i say, shes my sister. shes doing realy well for herself, shes found something she lives for. i see her grow bloom year by year. let her fly

5.Micheal: Save you= just read the words, that should say enough. great guy, great friend... he would always know what to say... goodluck mike

well that went pretty deep, maybe a bit over the top, but you get the idea, id like to so see how the songs connect in your thoughts, with people you know

have fun
"Across the waste of space and feilds i glide alone at night, oh please... please think of me cuz im... im by your side"- Angel

http://www.faceparty.com/my_name_is_dave
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    Great idea for a thread!!

Sara~ Wife (Black) the whole song seems to speak to the way in which our relationship is going these days. Not very happy, but still everytime I hear the song your face is all I see. I can't help but think our love will end the way the song does.

Ryan (Habit) It was like I had to watch him tumble down and down on that nasty road of drug addiciton.

Matt ~Brother(Who You Are) The first PJ song that he had really liked. I had always been playing the first three albums and he was like whatever, but when who you are came on the radio he freaked. I always picture him when I hear the song.

Brianna~daughter (around the bend) I sang this song to her when she was a baby. It was one of the only lullabies that I could think of at the time, and it seemed to work.

Crystal (Yellow Ledbetter) An absolute heart break for me. I would have given anything to stay with her on that night. It wasn't meant to be, but I remember listening to this song over and over thinking about that.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!