I Am Mine

lnfobnlnfobn Posts: 370
I'm really attached to the lyrics of this song... it gave me a huge kick in the ass last year when I really needed it. I love this song so much... anyone else attached to this song? I seem to be odd one out on this... Present Tense is definitely important to me, but not like this song.
Hey, reckless mind,
Don't throw away your playful beginnings...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mulacmulac Posts: 97
    i can so relate to that man.

song came out about 3 months after i left home and went to uni and it was the first pj song i got on the release date and i went in and got the single and just listened to it all day on repeat on my cd player cos i was trying to be this guy for new people and it made me realise that i am mine

thumbing my way did the same
    the passenger is life
  • Pearl_JuPearl_Ju Posts: 49
    I like this part:

"I know I was born and I know that I´ll die
    The in-between is mine"
    ...We´re faithful, we all believe, we all believe...
  • St. OneSt. One Posts: 11
    I really like I am mine,
    but I felt much more attached with thumbing my way from the first moment I heard this song.
    -The only fucking reason you guys chant my name is cuz I'm the only guy in the band whose name has two syllables. We call Stone 'Stoney'. You could chant that, 'Stoney, Stoney' -EV

-Stone has the guts to fly here in a helicopter, but he's too scared to play breath -EV

COME TO EUROPE!
  • Imagine8Imagine8 Posts: 10
    Infobn,
    I am in love with I am Mine. But, Present Tense is my favorite PJ song. So, I'm with you on both. Both songs have such amazing messages...they're the type that, when you listen to them...they make you smile. Not the regular "I love PJ" smile, but more of an "I love life" smile ... er ... for me, anyway. : )
    "It's already been sung, but it can't be said enough..'ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE' "
  • lnfobnlnfobn Posts: 370
    Originally posted by Imagine8
    Both songs have such amazing messages...they're the type that, when you listen to them...they make you smile. Not the regular "I love PJ" smile, but more of an "I love life" smile ... er ... for me, anyway. : )

Definitely. :)
    Hey, reckless mind,
  • This song means a lot to me because I discovered it when I realized I was living my life through my husband. It encouraged me to find myself and spread my wings. We went through a rough few months, but we're still together. Things are better than ever and we've both benefitted from my independence and increased confidence.
    ". . . as each breath goes by I only own my mind."
    Originally posted by Alive Again
    This song means a lot to me because I discovered it when I realized I was living my life through my husband. It encouraged me to find myself and spread my wings. We went through a rough few months, but we're still together. Things are better than ever and we've both benefitted from my independence and increased confidence.

That's just great! Congrats, or something more fitting. :)
    Hey, reckless mind,
  • MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    B U M P
  • i get very emotional when i hear this song...i guess we all have our own little identity crisis to deal with...but this song always reminds me that it's okay to be me...amazing how three simple words strung together say so much...
    ...well i guess there's nothing wong with what you say...
  • PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
    lyrics are very strong on this song. Eddie speaks the truth. I am Mine kinda reminds me of present tense. you only have the present. you are your ownself. live in it now
  • I agree, PhillyPJ. I've always thought of I Am Mine and Present Tense as a pair. Definitely a good way to live.
    ". . . as each breath goes by I only own my mind."
  • pearspears Posts: 36
    i loved i am mine the moment i heard it at bridge school when it was debuted... i kept thinking that the song had a great hook to it.
  • MoonlightingMoonlighting England Posts: 136
    I'm hooked as soon as I hear the guitar in the beginning and then Matt comes in with the drums and I'm grooving :)
    Absolute Equality.No more.No less - AHFA
  • "The north is to south what the clock is to time"

The first time I heard that lyric it hit me. Its one of my favs.
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • I love this song.. reminds me of a great Irish Pub sing-along too.
    1991 - Warwick RI
    1994 - Boston Garden 1
    2003 - Mansfield 1
    2004 - Boston 1 & 2
    2006 - Albany, Boston 1, Dublin Ireland
    2008 - Mansfield 1 & 2, EV Boston 1
  • This is my absolute favorite song off Riot Act...maybe even one of my favorite Pearl Jam song ever. Whenever I think that I might want to join the herd of long-haired, blond highlight wearin' sorority girls I just listen to this song and realize that I'm just fine the way I am :D I'm even thinking of some how incorporating the song title into a tattoo...haven't figured out how, but I'm open to suggestions.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
    great great song.
  • Yeah i remember when hearing it for the first time while driving in the car. Very powerful song.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • I like in the NY show where he throws the fans a curve. "The in-between is Yours... You are Yours"
    Great stuff!
    I Love This Song...
    Sometimes I burn like a dot on the sun with no one knowing, but you're keeping me strong, moving along with you. EV
  • I lost 4 family members in the span of 9 months , 2 of them at the WTC. This song was and continues to be very therapeutic for me.That's one thing I have to say about Riot Act , it really made me step back and take a look at the big picture. From LBC to Cropduster to I am Mine , great album. Very thought provoking , as PJ always is....
    Clear eyes, Full hearts, CAN'T LOSE!
    I would like to see PJ play this @ Benaroya and/or Bridge...sweeeeeet!!!! :)

Boom on the B3 organ of course...

great song...... love it
    I love this song. it will be on the MSG DVD I cant wait......:)
    Originally posted by PhillyPJ
    I love this song. it will be on the MSG DVD I cant wait......:)

Hell yes!
    Hey, reckless mind,
  • huntjhuntj Posts: 24
    i agree with you infobn, both these songs posses great insite to how we should look at our selves and other things in this world. show great integrity towards your-self and no one can stop you.
    Don't be so quick to judge, you're being judged yourself.
  • huntjhuntj Posts: 24
    Originally posted by LongRhode
    I love this song.. reminds me of a great Irish Pub sing-along too.
    I know it's already been sung, but it can't be said enough, all you need is LOVE!(LBC) don't forget to incorperate this into who you are. with out love there's no peace. SPEAD IT!
    Don't be so quick to judge, you're being judged yourself.
  • boca23boca23 Posts: 3
    I needed this sooooo badly right now. I just had a horrible night and I thought I it was going to keep on getting worse. but thanks to the message pit and the message it gives with this song i feel a little bit stronger. thank you!!
  • I remember 1st hearing this song and the lyric "we're safe tonight" put goose pimples all over me. Also when I first saw the video for this( is video a swear word on here?) it blew me away. Eddie has certainly not lost anything with age he is as fit as ever! during a certain part of the song he sort of shudders. Phew, it made me crumble!
    And we're all allowed to dream of the next time we touch.
  • I Am Mine and You Are Yours
    Don't let me know we're invisible
    Don't let me know we're invisible
    We could dance, dance, dance thru' the fire
    Dance, dance, dance thru' the fire