Options

The Karma Ticket- 1 free 10C seat in WPB to anyone who needs it.

KeelaKeela Posts: 18
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I have one extra 10C ticket for WPB next Wednesday. My number is 177xxx (which has got me some great seats in the past).

Anyway, the ticket is free to any 10C member who doesn't already have a ticket. (i.e. PLEASE no trade-ups)

I don't want to be paid back for it, and I won't try to make you my "beer bitch" during the show. All I ask is that, at some point, you will pay it forward by inviting another 10C member to a future show "on your pair". (That's why this is for 10C members only)

Anyway, I'm heading out for the night and won't be able to check my PMs until tomorrow. Please send one if you're interested and I'll respond in the morning so you can make plans.

Have a great night!
--. --- -
... .... .. -
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    Keela wrote:
    I have one extra 10C ticket for WPB next Wednesday. My number is 177xxx (which has got me some great seats in the past).

Anyway, the ticket is free to any 10C member who doesn't already have a ticket. (i.e. PLEASE no trade-ups)

I don't want to be paid back for it, and I won't try to make you my "beer bitch" during the show. All I ask is that, at some point, you will pay it forward by inviting another 10C member to a future show "on your pair". (That's why this is for 10C members only)

Anyway, I'm heading out for the night and won't be able to check my PMs until tomorrow. Please send one if you're interested and I'll respond in the morning so you can make plans.

Have a great night!
    Wow! 10Cluber of the year! Very nice of you!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    wow ure gonna get tons of pms :D

Very lovely gesture... pm sent
  • Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    Wow! What a cool concept :)

Good on you!
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    I have no interest in the ticket, as I don't live anywhere near Palm Beach and am already traveling to the two MSG shows.

Just wanted to second the "you're cool as hell for doing this" motion.

It is little things like this that restore my faith in humanity.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    asshole. :)
    tacos
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    wishing i was stateside atm - but what a cool little idea - hope this continues along to all the shows and into the next world trip ... we already share so much time togeather here, and share the same band, so meeting up and sharing a ticket and a show would be a such great experience
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    cd21millercd21miller Columbia, MO Posts: 302
    beautiful.

can't make the show and i'm sure there are thousands others who have pm'd you already, but just know that what you're doing is what makes all this special.

may have to look into doing that in the future...or if nothing else the "beer bitch" concept.

gotta start somewhere.

:-)
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Very cool! Here's a continuation of the idea... make a list of who the free ticket travels to... For example, you give it to _____ who gives one to ____ etc. I think that'd be so cool to 'track' your deed. :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    cougar9000cougar9000 Posts: 14
    This concept sounds familiar, have you been watching alot of TBS? Good on ya!
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    I have no interest in the ticket, as I don't live anywhere near Palm Beach and am already traveling to the two MSG shows.

Totally agree
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    I really appreciated all the nice posts which made me feel warm and fuzzy, but this one made my day:
    iwasthere wrote:
    asshole. :)

iwasthere- we must share the same sense of twisted humor ;)

Benjs- I like your idea. I will leave it to him to post on this thread, therefore starting the list.
    --. --- -
    ... .... .. -
  • Options
    cougar9000 wrote:
    This concept sounds familiar, have you been watching alot of TBS? Good on ya!

Haley Joel Osment's character dies at the end . . . oops :) Good vibe Keela.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095

It is little things like this that restore my faith in humanity.
    I have no interest either unfortunately... but what a fucking fantastic thing to do... karma will find you :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    Keela wrote:

Have a great night!

This ticket karma stuff works, too. Example: I managed to score great seats for the Mother's Day DC Radiohead show last month. Not wanting to abandon my wife, who is not a fan, on Mom's Day (I bought the tickets spur of the moment and didn't realize what day it was until after I purchased them) I sold the ticket at face value, with the hope that when more shows for the tour were announced I could get some. Well, sure enough Camden was announced, I somehow managed to get tickets in spite of incredible demand and the seats were BETTER than they were for the DC show (which rained and lots of fans missed because of the weather).

Thanks, ticket Karma!
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    WishCord7WishCord7 Posts: 12
    Is the ticket taken? My friend Brian needs one and he is a 10c member.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    awesome gesture.
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    Very damn cool of you Keela. Next time I have a freebie to offer up, I'll do the same. We need more people like this!

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,841
    Can the Karma police score me a ticket for the Beacon show? lol
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    WishCord7 wrote:
    Is the ticket taken? My friend Brian needs one and he is a 10c member.

Sorry, but it is taken.
    I sent you an IM with my contact info- hope to see you and Brian in WPB tomorrow. Maybe someone at Connelly's will know of an available extra...

One more day!!!
    --. --- -
    ... .... .. -
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Keela wrote:
    Sorry, but it is taken.
    I sent you an IM with my contact info- hope to see you and Brian in WPB tomorrow. Maybe someone at Connelly's will know of an available extra...

One more day!!!
    wow...I dont even know where to begin to thank you. I had the best fuckin time and we're def gonna have to do this again! Aside from keepin up my end of the bargain as will mandi just to keep the karma going around, I got you on a show next tour or some future show.
    pearl jam fans fuckin rock!
    :D
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    Laura in NJLaura in NJ Posts: 176
    Check this. I am also a big Allman Brothers fan (and pretty active on their message boards), and during last year's Beacon run, I ended up with an extra ticket for the Devon Allman show at the Stone Pony (Devon is Gregg's son and he was in town for the Beacon shows too, so played a Pony gig with his own band). I put it up on the ABB boards as a "freebie, just come with me," and this girl DorothyAnn responded. We went to the show and had a killer time. Keep in mind, I got the tix for free and they were around $15 face.

The following week, she ended up with an extra Orchestra seat for a Beacon show. These ain't no $15 tickets...with TM fees, they ran about $108 each. And since I'd already spent about $500 on four other Beacon shows, there was no way I could afford to take her ticket. Well...she didn't care. Said, "I'd rather have you come, on me, than go with someone I don't know. You're a cool chick." So she took me to the show!

And...we've gone to countless shows together ever since. Not only did we karma each other, we each made a new concertgoing friend.

Nice job, Keela!
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    wow...I dont even know where to begin to thank you. I had the best fuckin time and we're def gonna have to do this again! Aside from keepin up my end of the bargain as will mandi just to keep the karma going around, I got you on a show next tour or some future show.
    pearl jam fans fuckin rock!
    :D

I had a great time rocking out with you, we will definitely have to meet up again.
    Don't you dare worry about "getting me back" in the future! You know the deal with that, and I know you're the kind of person who will make good on it. (besides- you already rescued my favorite sunglasses for me :) )

Hope you guys are getting a great show tonight in Tampa.

Cheers!
    Keela
    --. --- -
    ... .... .. -
  • Options
    I also posted this on the Ticket Trade/sell section.

My friend vailed on me an no one else wants to go "during the week". They are all lame. But now I fortunately have an extra 10C ticket that I want to just give away.

You will have to meet me and sit next to me at the show. I am easy to get along with and love seeing pj so this should be fun.

PM me if you want it.

First come, first served.
    Things were different then, all is different now, I tried to explain, somehow...
  • Options
    shelashela Zagreb Croatia Posts: 657
    Keela wrote:

wow what an incredibly cool thing to do! :)
  • Options
    I also posted this on the Ticket Trade/sell section.

My friend vailed on me an no one else wants to go "during the week". They are all lame. But now I fortunately have an extra 10C ticket that I want to just give away.

You will have to meet me and sit next to me at the show. I am easy to get along with and love seeing pj so this should be fun.

PM me if you want it.

First come, first served.

I just noticed your new thread and it made me smile. I'm really happy to see you it keep going, and I hope you have a great time too!
    --. --- -
    ... .... .. -
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Keela wrote:
    I had a great time rocking out with you, we will definitely have to meet up again.
    Don't you dare worry about "getting me back" in the future! You know the deal with that, and I know you're the kind of person who will make good on it. (besides- you already rescued my favorite sunglasses for me :) )

Hope you guys are getting a great show tonight in Tampa.

Cheers!
    Keela
    aw babe, theres no way..like I said..I got a few people in mind Im gonna hook up, but yea, just for the fact of what you did you gotta at least let me return the favor a LIL something, hahah so if meet up again get the tix and they'll be on me..cause I will insist! lol! Its just the type of person I am and it will make me feel good, so thank you in advance :D

damn..I wish I woulda had you rockin by my side in Tampa..your boy called Sometimes! :D

also Thank you to the guy next to you with the good eye cause he helped save your glasses...my high ass was lookin in the wrong area! hahah
    anyways...I just wanna say I met new friends along this toad trip and saw old friends again which fuckin ROCKED and it was so great to see you all again and rock Florida the way we did!
    PJ Fans ROCK period!
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...