Hartford show is gonna suck....as usual

Comments

• pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
    also, at the end of the show, i remember ed saying something like they will never play there again....which worked out well for 8 years, until he broke the streak in 06
    in 96..... Part of the fence comes down during 'Blood' and a near riot ensues. (In reality, when the barrier came down, security guards began using pepper spray. The wind was blowing into the pavilion, forcing people with seats to venture nearer the stage to escape it, making it seem like there was a mad rush to the stage.)

good time....security staff there is one notch worse than camden assholes....if thats believable

i also remember from personal experience, that at the end of the 96 show, kids were jumping the wall to get out and cops were beating them with night sticks...thats jumping the fence to get OUT...not IN....wtf is wrong with them.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    Well, just because something happened 12 years ago, it does not mean it will happen this time.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    I mean, they may have played 100m in 98, but if you seriously think that this show is going to be any less than an 2 hours at the bare minimum, and that's very damn skeptical, you're crazy.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
    and 06 was just a cold raw night, rainy, wet, just a bad overall night for outdoor concert. setlist was kind lame, especially sandwiched between albany and boston that year.

so far 0-3.

here is hoping for a salvageable 1-4, but its doubtful.
    just saying, history tells us that its always bad there, so i have every right to be skeptical until proven otherwise, hence why im going. I have faith in the greatest band in the world that they can pull out a win there. at least they are persistent.
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I really don't give a fuck about your opinion. This is my second Pearl Jam show, and I'm going to enjoy it, no matter what stupid bullshit you say about past shows. I'm going to be there for the Pearl Jam, and I'm going to be enjoying the Pearl Jam.
    the 9:15 start time is already a bad sign of things to come. which is what got all this started.

cant beat the stats!
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Sweet, I love Binaural

me too! so i guess hartford is going to rock?
  • finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    may I quote Eddie here a bit: "fuck the pessimists!" (during wishlist at MSG 03)

;)

It will be a great show. I have faith in PJ.
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    finnannie wrote:
    may I quote Eddie here a bit: "fuck the pessimists!" (during wishlist at MSG 03)

;)

every show will rock, especially the last half
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
    finnannie wrote:

;)

may i quote Eazy-E here is bit: "fuck the police, coming straight from the under ground....."
  • Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    pulaski wrote:
    they are the only show on the tour where PJ hits the stage at 9:15....the will probably finish at 10:30....every time they play there it sucks....can anyone explain it? or why they keep playing there?
    I'll guarantee this much - it will be infinitely greater than the Salt Lake City show this summer...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2wSJuZVxSi4
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    all this talk about how hartford will suck is really bringing me down since its the only one i can make. i hope eddie proves us all wrong. it would be awesome to be talking about this show over the MSG and boston shows.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • pulaski wrote:
    they are the only show on the tour where PJ hits the stage at 9:15....the will probably finish at 10:30....every time they play there it sucks....can anyone explain it? or why they keep playing there?

You got eddie and the boys on the line then ??? 10 30 thats what they said ??? straight from the horses mouth???
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • SVRDhand13 wrote:
    all this talk about how hartford will suck is really bringing me down since its the only one i can make. i hope eddie proves us all wrong. it would be awesome to be talking about this show over the MSG and boston shows.

pearl jam shows dont suck.ever.period.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    trixie is going ,it wont suck
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    nahhh it won't suck ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    wow there are a lot of douchebag downers these days.

i personally love the dodge, i think it's a hell of a lot of fun and real cool on a nice night!

also, hartford 06 was my first and only show so far. i thought it was amazing and it changed my life. maybe for some of you who have seen 20+ shows it sucked or was sub-par, but i loved every god damn second of it. it may have been a little shorter then most pj shows but there is absolutely no denying that what they did play was flawless and they were on fire.

i'm sorry, a short set? yes.
    a weak set? HELL NO

sleight of hand
    i'm open
    inside job
    garden
    i got shit
    dissident
    ridiculously good black and rvm

i don't know what you guys could have disliked. like i said, maybe you guys are used to epic shows. but this show changed everything for me. the entire night i was just in complete shock. it was amazing and i'll never forget it.

this year hartford will majorly kick ass because last time they played a shorter set do to the cold. they will play long and have a rare set. it's do. it's the place on this tour that is going to be the random gem. callin it. and people, stop complaining about the venue, i just don't understand. maybe i'm really easy going, but i love this place and to say any pj show is going to suck is madness. totally psyched for hartford!!!

...though i am super psyched for msg 2 and mansfield 2 as well ;)

HERES TO HARTFORD KICKIN ASS!!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    96 and 98 were some of the best shows in that place

how can you say it always sucks?
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i'm going, so like holy hell it's gonna suck
  • The only thing that sucked about 98' was getting trampled at the end of the show. :mad:...Luckily those days are long gone & I can't fuckin wait for this time. :)

If you think it's gonna suck, stay home & save a spot for someone else. :D
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    Hartford if you remember worked easily with Pearl Jam in their anti-ticketmaster days. I think the Dodge accommodated them during that period, and even though it is a crap venue (I hear) with lame season ticketholder crowds (i hear) PJ usually makes a point to play the Dodge to pay back the promoters.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    pulaski wrote:
    I'm sure I speak for alot of people when I say at least Hartford gets a pj show. Yes, they are playing some shows in the South, but aside from Bonaroo, the two shows in Florida, and South Carolina, that's it. Texas and Atlanta to name two, haven't seen a pj show in 5 years! I can't afford to travel, and they aren't playing in Florida near my cousin otherwise I could go. If only they were playing Miami.

So any pearl jam show with any set is better then no pj show at all. so HA! :D
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Sweet, I love Binaural

fuckin' a... i can't wait now.
  • nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    If you already have it in your head that the show is going to be crappy it probably will be. For you anyway. I can't believe how jaded some fans get. It's fucking PEARL JAM! You're going to see them! That alone would make me happy as anything. It must be tough being able to see so many shows that you actually consider some of them suck worthy. You should consider yourself lucky that you get to see them at all. There's a whole bunch of fans that don't. So get out there and make the show good. Go to the show and enjoy it for what it is. Pearl Jam playing live!
  • Don't "jersey" Hartford
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    06 these were my closest seats. The weather stunk and it was like a frat party....but had a great time as always!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • But how was this a bad show/ setlist?????

1996-10-02 Hartford Connecticut Dodge Music Center

Set 1 LONG ROAD, Hail Hail, Animal, Last Exit, IN MY TREE, Corduroy, Better Man, Not For You, Jeremy, Red Mosquito, Black, Rearviewmirror, Lukin, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, State Of Love And Trust, Footsteps, Alive, Blood/(Fame)/(Noise of Carpet), Porch

Encore 1 Who You Are, Even Flow, Daughter/(The Real Me)/(W.M.A.), Leaving Here, Present Tense

Encore 2 Yellow Ledbetter
    Long Road, In My Tree---Black right into RVM into Lukin..
    Footsteps, who you are, ending the 1st encore with present tense??

If this were a modern day set it would be considered top notch.

Maybe I'm biased becuase this was my 1st show...

Anyway. I hope the band catches wind of this thread, because this could be the one you dont want to miss!!!

The original poster was spot on...This show will SUCK!
    Seek my part, devote myself..
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    pulaski wrote:
    cant chance it....its too close to my house not to go....i travel all over the country to see them, so i have to go to this one, just wondering why they always suck there and whats up with starting a half hour later than the others....history has told us that every show there has been shitty compared to others. cant figure out why

10/2/96 was great

9/13/98 was good but a little short

5/13/06 was awesome but short

I fail to see where the issue is.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"