Ted Lasso

Any other fans here? This first season greatly surpassed all of my expectations. The comedy and the personal issues the characters face blends together very well. 
Virginia Beach 2000
DC 2003
DC 2004 (VFC)
DC 2006
Pittsburgh 2006
Bonnaroo 2008
Virginia Beach 2008
DC 2008
Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
PJ 20 night 1
PJ 20 night 2
Phoenix 2013
LA 1 2013
Memphis 2014
Jacksonville 2016
Greenville 2016
Hampton 2016
Columbia 2016
Fenway 1 2016
Fenway 2 2016
Wrigley 1 2018
Wrigley 2 2018
Fenway 1 2018
Fenway 2 2018
Sea Hear Now 2021
Nashville 2022
Louisville 2022

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Would like to see it but I hate Apple with the passion of a burning sun. They are not getting my money.   
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    loved it
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    S2 is coming!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Wasn't expecting much when I started it but that was fantastic.  Great mix of comedy and real life stuff.  Can't wait for season 2.
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Way late on this but binged S1 this weekend. Fantastic show. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    edited September 2021
    So past few days i heard been kinda wanting to see this since it got nominated for like 20 emmy's. Saw it was on apple tv + which i don't have. The first two episodes are free to stream so I watched them, I liked it. Would like to continue watching it but i'm not paying apple tv any money. I already have netflix, amazon prime, youtube tv, and peacock (mainly for the wwe network though.). Would prefer disney plus over apple tv if i were to get another streaming service. Maybe i'll try and dl/stream somewhere else.
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Great show
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    It's the best show around and worth the price of Apple TV+
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Love/loved this show, but it just took a turn. Without spoilers, my wife absolutely loves this show but what Ted told the shrink at the end of the last episode is very similar to her life, she was slightly younger though not by much. soooooo we’re gonna have a very different relationship with this show moving forward and I don’t know what to think 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited September 2021
    I'd love to see it but would rather do lots of things before I pay apple for their TV options.

At some point I'll get a free segment and watch what I want and then drop it.  

Obviously not an Apple fan but this does look good and lots of folks (like you all) are vouching for it.

Edit:
    Ha.  Just scrolled up and see I posted something similar in December.  
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    wishlist played in the last episode of the season 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Fuck Nate
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Jumb0 said:
    Fuck Nate
    Yup. What an asshole. We still have the finale to watch, but he has really turned into a jerk.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Got three months free Apple TV with my new phone.  Started bingeing season one Last night and watched the first eight episodes.  Realised it was 0200 and I had to get up at 0700! Absolutely love it!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    Got three months free Apple TV with my new phone.  Started bingeing season one Last night and watched the first eight episodes.  Realised it was 0200 and I had to get up at 0700! Absolutely love it!
    It's a great show. If you get a chance also watch The Shrink Next Door on Apple TV. It is a limited series with Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd.

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    GlowGirl said:
    It's a great show. If you get a chance also watch The Shrink Next Door on Apple TV. It is a limited series with Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd.

Thanks for the recommendation.  Have you watched the Morning Show?
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    GlowGirl said:

Thanks for the recommendation.  Have you watched the Morning Show?
    The first season of the Morning show was great. The second season was ok. But worth a watch if you have some time. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    I am finally watching this show. Literally everyone I know says this show is amazing. Have not heard a single bad thing about it. So I'm four episodes in right now and....it's good. Entertaining. Jason Sudeikis is always great.

But.....am I the only one who thinks people have wildly overrated this thing? I mean it's basically Major League but for Soccer. Right? And why would the owner hire him in the first place if she is trying to sabotage the team? He's the most likeable person ever to be born. She couldn't have found an unlikeable person who knew nothing about soccer? 

I read they initially meant for Ted to be an unlikeable American blow hole and I am kind of thinking the show might've been better had they gone that direction. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Love it!  Always puts a smile on my face.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I am finally watching this show. Literally everyone I know says this show is amazing. Have not heard a single bad thing about it. So I'm four episodes in right now and....it's good. Entertaining. Jason Sudeikis is always great.

But.....am I the only one who thinks people have wildly overrated this thing? I mean it's basically Major League but for Soccer. Right? And why would the owner hire him in the first place if she is trying to sabotage the team? He's the most likeable person ever to be born. She couldn't have found an unlikeable person who knew nothing about soccer? 

I read they initially meant for Ted to be an unlikeable American blow hole and I am kind of thinking the show might've been better had they gone that direction. 
    They talked about how if they went the original route it would just be shtick and would be funny at first, but wouldn't have any longevity, which I don't disagree with.

It is very good hearted and I like it, don't think I love it as much as most.  Everyone is just about a perfect/good person...not enough of the soccer story for me, especially in the 2nd season.  Definitely tugs at the heart strings.

That's how the Ted Lasso character was initially created. For use in promos for NBC Sports coverage of the Premier League. 
    When they announced it was becoming a series, I didn't pay any attention to it because of how the character was in those promos and didn't think it would be able to last.

They made the necessary changes for it to work and it's probably my favorite show.
    Finished the first season. Yeah, it's damn good. Took me about 5 episodes for it to grow on me. The Practice Rant sealed the deal. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    I watched both seasons last weekend and started re-watching again.  It puts a smile on my face.  I even watch YouTube clips during the day.  Well written. Well acted.  
    Halfway through 2. 

Spoiler

God I am really hoping Ted's not the guy Rebecca's talking to on that app....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Halfway through 2. 

Spoiler

God I am really hoping Ted's not the guy Rebecca's talking to on that app....
    You need an answer??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Episode 4 was by far the best episode of Season 3.  Glad to see Nate still is battling his demons and not fully gave in to them.  The first three episodes have been lackluster.  Ted's jokes are really tired this season so far.  
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I'd love to see it but would rather do lots of things before I pay apple for their TV options.

Obviously not an Apple fan but this does look good and lots of folks (like you all) are vouching for it.

Edit:

I hate Apple too, but it turns out they do 2 things really well: 1) the Airpods Pro are by far the best noise cancelling earbuds you can buy. They are amazing. And 2) Apple TV+ has some of the best original programming out of all the streaming platforms, and to give it further credit, it mostly ONLY does quality original content, rather than padding itself with a bunch of worn out shows and movies you've already seen. 
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Edit:

I hate Apple too, but it turns out they do 2 things really well: 1) the Airpods Pro are by far the best noise cancelling earbuds you can buy. They are amazing. And 2) Apple TV+ has some of the best original programming out of all the streaming platforms, and to give it further credit, it mostly ONLY does quality original content, rather than padding itself with a bunch of worn out shows and movies you've already seen. 
    My wife has it now, as something she got for free.  Watched S1 of Ted and it was enjoyable.  Tough not to like some of the characters and the overall tone.
    That stated, have not revisited.  So many options and I am sure at some point we will.

Beastie Boys doc was fucking awesome, though.  The book was spectacular, but watching the footage and the pacing of the show was great.  A+.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    PJ_Soul said:

Edit:

I wanted to watch the Cubs game today.  Couldn't find it, then realized it was on Apple TV.  Initial reaction...goddamit!  It was the same feeling I had of tuning in to Amazon to watch Thursday night football.  It's still in the first inning and wow!  The resolution is beautiful in 4k and the sound and microphone setup at the game are incredible.  Makes it sound like you're there!  That and umpire cam is pretty badass!  
    So, it's kind of annoying to have to watch it on there, but damn....it's better in every way!
    This season is just flat out not very good.