Options

White House Plumbers

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
Anybody watching this show? I watched the first 4 episodes over the last few days. It is interesting subject matter but I hate the way they have stylized the show. It is like "Tarentino does Watergate" or something. 

The scary thing is that there are operatives like Liddy and Hunt who have made a life out of ratfucking and trying to influence our politics. Kind of what Roger Stone has done. They are basically trolls for a living. Its really not funny. They try to make this series a comedy and when I really think about what these guys did, it isn't funny at all.
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,946
    Anybody watching this show? I watched the first 4 episodes over the last few days. It is interesting subject matter but I hate the way they have stylized the show. It is like "Tarentino does Watergate" or something. 

The scary thing is that there are operatives like Liddy and Hunt who have made a life out of ratfucking and trying to influence our politics. Kind of what Roger Stone has done. They are basically trolls for a living. Its really not funny. They try to make this series a comedy and when I really think about what these guys did, it isn't funny at all.
    I have....good show but I get what you are saying about the Tarantino effect.

I kind of feel like they are letting us know what morons these guys were in real life.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

I have....good show but I get what you are saying about the Tarantino effect.

I kind of feel like they are letting us know what morons these guys were in real life.
    to me it is glorifying it. almost encouraging it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    lindamarie73lindamarie73 Posts: 344

Lighten up, It’s a TV show…..it’s not healthy to hate everything all the time.  
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937

Weird. Most of your posts on here have some element of hate. Only preach, never practice? 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options

I Just saw the Shit for Brains President is running again.  Don’t the Dummycrats have anyone else to run out there?  At this point someone should be charged w/ elderly abuse….I am actually starting to feel sorry for slow Joe….

^^^
    this you?

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,676
    edited May 2023

I Just saw the Shit for Brains President is running again.  Don’t the Dummycrats have anyone else to run out there?  At this point someone should be charged w/ elderly abuse….I am actually starting to feel sorry for slow Joe….

^^^
    this you?

to be fair thats only a chunk of the population. not all of it.
    not exactly the aloha spirit but......

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    lindamarie73lindamarie73 Posts: 344

^^^
    this you?
    Wow…some people need 2 get a Hobby or something..Who has time to look back at old posts to try to prove a point and fail miserably???  However, thanks 4 the memory, I meant every word.  Poor slow Joe.  EFIL
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,946

^^^
    this you?
    Wow…some people need 2 get a Hobby or something..Who has time to look back at old posts to try to prove a point and fail miserably???  However, thanks 4 the memory, I meant every word.  Poor slow Joe.  EFIL
    I have to point out the inconsistency of your use of "2". Why use it 2 substitute for the first "to" but not the other three?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Maladaptive sadness
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086

^^^
    this you?
    To be honest, I found the elderly abuse line pretty funny.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    i rewatched ep 4 last night. it's getting better. i liked how they showed the plane crash. who knows if hunt's wife was talking to that cbs reporter in real life though.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,575
    i rewatched ep 4 last night. it's getting better. i liked how they showed the plane crash. who knows if hunt's wife was talking to that cbs reporter in real life though.
    I believe she was and there may be recordings of her talking to him. I believe the library of congress may have just released them recently. I heard excerpts somewhere. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I believe she was and there may be recordings of her talking to him. I believe the library of congress may have just released them recently. I heard excerpts somewhere. 
    i read that not everyone died in that crash. seems strange as these days it seems like there are never any survivors.