More Shows? Ohana Encore 2023??

Yo- 
Any more rumors about additional shows this year? Had previously heard South America rumors. Any Ohana Encore rumors?

Comments

• deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,051
    Someone who spoke with Mike said he said no more this year and a bigger tour next year
  • deb1211 said:
    Someone who spoke with Mike said he said no more this year and a bigger tour next year
    That sort of lines up with what we were expecting, I think? This year is a few dates to keep their hand in and keep people paid, next year we get a record and a '22-esque tour.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,663
    deb1211 said:
    Sounds good. Great time to save up. 

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527
    Bigger tour statement is funny.  Don’t get the hopes up too much when the current tour is 9 shows in five cities.
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,062
    Bigger tour statement is funny.  Don’t get the hopes up too much when the current tour is 9 shows in five cities.
    Agree. If last few tours are anything to go by, it will be 1-2 shows in each of around 8-10 European countries plus 12-15 US cities….. Around 25-30 shows max 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    Yeah. I love Mike and I do not doubt that there are plans for a bigger-by-PJ-standards tour. But...there were supposedly plans for more shows this year and they never happened. There were supposedly more shows planned for 2020 an COVID happened. Hard to plan on anything until it is real and announced. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • chriszeechriszee Posts: 107
    Remember when the 10c said big things are coming this year? 
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,062
    chriszee said:
    I still think a new album later in the year is a possibility. Recently other artists have announced their new album only 1-2 months before the release date (eg QOTSA, Foos, Blur) - seems to be the new norm 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,943
    drfox said:
    chriszee said:
    I still think a new album later in the year is a possibility. Recently other artists have announced their new album only 1-2 months before the release date (eg QOTSA, Foos, Blur) - seems to be the new norm 
    yeah I think the new album is coming this year....they will likely play a few new songs from it in the fall and then release it after the tour....my opinion
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    drfox said:
    chriszee said:
    yeah I think the new album is coming this year....they will likely play a few new songs from it in the fall and then release it after the tour....my opinion
    Fall Pearl Jam dates? That's what I'm waiting for. 
  • drfox said:
    Agree. If last few tours are anything to go by, it will be 1-2 shows in each of around 8-10 European countries plus 12-15 US cities….. Around 25-30 shows max 
    If we get 25-30 shows every other year for the foreseeable, that’ll be pretty good going.
    chriszee said:

Yes, why I'm still hopeful for more shows to be added, and a new album release later this year.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,765
    No new dates this year. People who have tickets for 2023 will get a few surprises...big things are definitely on the horizon.

Anyone who expects additional dates this year will sing a sad tune.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,765
    edited May 2023
    Mike speaks the truth. Someone in the band said the newer album will be not as long as Lightning Bolt into Gigaton. They know they can't tour the 2019/2020 themed Gigaton as long as they toured Lightning Bolt.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • jmfritsch00jmfritsch00 Posts: 23
    No new dates this year. People who have tickets for 2023 will get a few surprises...big things are definitely on the horizon.

What surprises? What big things?

Mike speaks the truth. Someone in the band said the newer album will be not as long as Lightning Bolt into Gigaton. They know they can't tour the 2019/2020 themed Gigaton as long as they toured Lightning Bolt.

Whoa!!