Mountain!!!

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
Holy Moley Mountain!  Mississippi Queen!  If you can dig this like I dig this, you KNOW what I mean!   Ohhhhhhhhhh YEAH!
Best Mountain footage ever!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    Nice Brian. Thx. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Loujoe said:
    Nice Brian. Thx. 

Sure thing Lou. 
    Keeping the memory and music of "The Great Fatsby" alive! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Didn't know that 2nd song is theirs. Like the transition. So much music, so much time wasted on the stones. Can't get off of the music I grew up with. Always nice to.hear 'new to me' music & learn more about other bands. I love the rawness to that mountain vid.
    Loujoe said:
    Didn't know that 2nd song is theirs. Like the transition. So much music, so much time wasted on the stones. Can't get off of the music I grew up with. Always nice to.hear 'new to me' music & learn more about other bands. I love the rawness to that mountain vid.

I had a friend years ago who turned me on to Leslie West.  I had already known a bit about Felix Pappalardi through his connection with Cream.  Glad you like their stuff!

I was talking to a sales rep in a music store several years ago, asking him about small amps and wondering if it was possible I could get a small guitar amp with nice fat tone (easier to do these days).  He said, "Oh yeah for sure."  He went on to tell me about a trade show he went to where there were all kinds of booths with gear from different companies.  He said he was walking around and suddenly heard the coolest sounding playing he had heard all day, walked around the corner to this one booth, and there was Leslie West playing away through this little practice amp (I'm no longer sure about what it was- a Pig Nose maybe?).  He said, "Leslie had the fattest sound through that little amp of anyone I heard play during the whole day at that trade show."
    Of course, you gotta give credit to the man, not just the amp.  West was not just a big man, he had a great big sound!   When I heard he had died, I just cried my eyes out.

Good story...thx
    Loujoe said:
    Good story...thx

:plus_one:

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    how ‘bout west, bruce and laing?

or, just cuz they were another trio, beck, bogert and appice? (or cactus, from whence the latter two came)?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited May 2023
    Wobbie said:

or, just cuz they were another trio, beck, bogert and appice? (or cactus, from whence the latter two came)?

I like some of the West/Bruce/Laing stuff.  I would love to have an LP with the best of their three albums on one LP.
    If just one, I would go with:
    Primary
    Beck/Bogert/Appice - odd to think I don't know that I've heard any of their stuff, have you?  Any good?

Post edited by brianlux on

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    brianlux said:
    Wobbie said:

I like some of the West/Bruce/Laing stuff.  I would love to have an LP with the best of their three albums on one LP.
    Primary
    Beck/Bogert/Appice - odd to think I don't know that I've heard any of their stuff, have you?  Any good?

Yes. Bogert and Appice were previously in Vanilla Fudge and then Cactus.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    brianlux said:
    Wobbie said:

Primary

Yes. Bogert and Appice were previously in Vanilla Fudge and then Cactus.

I didn't know (or maybe remember?) that!