*** THE 1ST, 2ND, 3RD, AND 4TH ARREST, INDICTMENTS, AND TRIALS OF DONALD J TRUMP ***

Comments

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,478
    KP_McMinn said:
    mfc2006 said:
    benjs said:
    KP_McMinn said:

Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America:

“This is Political Persecution and Election Interference at the highest level in history. From the time I came down the golden escalator at Trump Tower, and even before I was sworn in as your President of the United States, the Radical Left Democrats - the enemy of the hard-working men and women of this Country - have been engaged in a Witch-Hunt to destroy the Make America Great Again movement. You remember it just like I do: Russia, Russia, Russia; the Mueller Hoax; Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine; Impeachment Hoax 1; Impeachment Hoax 2; the illegal and unconstitutional Mar-a-Lago raid; and now this.

“The Democrats have lied, cheated and stolen in their obsession with trying to ‘Get Trump,’ but now they’ve done the unthinkable - indicting a completely innocent person in an act of blatant Election Interference.

"Never before in our Nation’s history has this been done. The Democrats have cheated countless times over the decades, including spying on my campaign, but weaponizing our justice system to punish a political opponent, who just so happens to be a President of the United States and by far the leading Republican candidate for President, has never happened before. Ever.

“Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg, who was hand-picked and funded by George Soros, is a disgrace. Rather than stopping the unprecedented crime wave taking over New York City, he’s doing Joe Biden’s dirty work, ignoring the murders and burglaries and assaults he should be focused on. This is how Bragg spends his time!

“I believe this Witch-Hunt will backfire massively on Joe Biden. The American people realize exactly what the Radical Left Democrats are doing here. Everyone can see it. So our Movement, and our Party - united and strong - will first defeat Alvin Bragg, and then we will defeat Joe Biden, and we are going to throw every last one of these Crooked Democrats out of office so we can MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!”

Donald John Trump
    Thanks for posting this everywhere, KP. It's nice to be reminded of how this weasel is squirming.
    Exactly. He is an absolute disgrace.
    mfc2006 said:
    benjs said:
    KP_McMinn said:

“This is Political Persecution and Election Interference at the highest level in history. From the time I came down the golden escalator at Trump Tower, and even before I was sworn in as your President of the United States, the Radical Left Democrats - the enemy of the hard-working men and women of this Country - have been engaged in a Witch-Hunt to destroy the Make America Great Again movement. You remember it just like I do: Russia, Russia, Russia; the Mueller Hoax; Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine; Impeachment Hoax 1; Impeachment Hoax 2; the illegal and unconstitutional Mar-a-Lago raid; and now this.

“The Democrats have lied, cheated and stolen in their obsession with trying to ‘Get Trump,’ but now they’ve done the unthinkable - indicting a completely innocent person in an act of blatant Election Interference.

"Never before in our Nation’s history has this been done. The Democrats have cheated countless times over the decades, including spying on my campaign, but weaponizing our justice system to punish a political opponent, who just so happens to be a President of the United States and by far the leading Republican candidate for President, has never happened before. Ever.

“Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg, who was hand-picked and funded by George Soros, is a disgrace. Rather than stopping the unprecedented crime wave taking over New York City, he’s doing Joe Biden’s dirty work, ignoring the murders and burglaries and assaults he should be focused on. This is how Bragg spends his time!

“I believe this Witch-Hunt will backfire massively on Joe Biden. The American people realize exactly what the Radical Left Democrats are doing here. Everyone can see it. So our Movement, and our Party - united and strong - will first defeat Alvin Bragg, and then we will defeat Joe Biden, and we are going to throw every last one of these Crooked Democrats out of office so we can MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!”

Donald John Trump
    Thanks for posting this everywhere, KP. It's nice to be reminded of how this weasel is squirming.
    However you feel about him is irrelevant.  The radical left has turned this nation into a banana republic.  This is political persecution in its purest sense. The fact that you are celebrating this is vile. You should be ashamed of yourselves. God bless President Trump. 
    Are the 23 members of the grand jury dems? Was evidence presented? Witnesses heard? And indictment handed down? Perhaps you should read the letter from “Bragg about bringing POOTWH down” and pay particular attention to his words and statements, particularly around innocence and due process. That you’re claiming this is a “political persecution” is what is vile. 1/6 were the actions of a Banana Republic.
    you guys need to stop replying to him. let him scream into the void of silence just like trump.
    I've got to do something in the basement besides eat Cheetos and Cheezits.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    mfc2006 said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    mfc2006 said:
    benjs said:
    KP_McMinn said:

Donald John Trump
    mfc2006 said:
    benjs said:
    KP_McMinn said:

Donald John Trump
    However you feel about him is irrelevant.  The radical left has turned this nation into a banana republic.  This is political persecution in its purest sense. The fact that you are celebrating this is vile. You should be ashamed of yourselves. God bless President Trump. 
    1. I am a voter, so my opinion is relevant....just like yours.
    2. I am not celebrating. I want his bullshit circus to END.
    3. I am not ashamed at all. You don't know who I am or what positions or policies I support. But, I am a rational thinker that can differentiate between spin, truth and complete bullshit. Enjoy praising and blessing a criminal.
    I appreciate you. I didn’t say your opinion doesnt matter. Dont put words in my mouth please.  Your personal feelings shouldn’t come into play about a very serious precedent that was just set. Do you think this is honestly a fair outcome? Considering all the BS HRC and now biden is getting away with?  Im all for people being held accountable for their BS, but every politician should be held to the same standard. It right now, it just is not. This is insane, no matter side of the spectrum you lean, to be ok with this happening is not acceptable imo. Hold everyone to the same standard. Not just trump. It’s total BS. 
    KP_McMinn said:
    mfc2006 said:
    benjs said:
    KP_McMinn said:

Donald John Trump
    mfc2006 said:
    benjs said:
    KP_McMinn said:

Donald John Trump
    Are the 23 members of the grand jury dems? Was evidence presented? Witnesses heard? And indictment handed down? Perhaps you should read the letter from “Bragg about bringing POOTWH down” and pay particular attention to his words and statements, particularly around innocence and due process. That you’re claiming this is a “political persecution” is what is vile. 1/6 were the actions of a Banana Republic.
    you guys need to stop replying to him. let him scream into the void of silence just like trump.
    Dont listen to this guy.  Very disturbing individual, this one. Good god dude…
    KP_McMinn said:
    mfc2006 said:
    benjs said:
    KP_McMinn said:

Donald John Trump
    mfc2006 said:
    benjs said:
    KP_McMinn said:

Donald John Trump
    God damn would i love to be in the pit with you. Night night
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    KP_McMinn said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    mfc2006 said:
    benjs said:
    KP_McMinn said:

Donald John Trump
    mfc2006 said:
    benjs said:
    KP_McMinn said:

Donald John Trump
    God damn would i love to be in the pit with you. Night night
    that's not creepy or anything.

goodnight, troll.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    KP_McMinn said:
    mfc2006 said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    mfc2006 said:
    benjs said:
    KP_McMinn said:

Donald John Trump
    mfc2006 said:
    benjs said:
    KP_McMinn said:

Donald John Trump
    3. I am not ashamed at all. You don't know who I am or what positions or policies I support. But, I am a rational thinker that can differentiate between spin, truth and complete bullshit. Enjoy praising and blessing a criminal.
    I appreciate you. I didn’t say your opinion doesnt matter. Dont put words in my mouth please.  Your personal feelings shouldn’t come into play about a very serious precedent that was just set. Do you think this is honestly a fair outcome? Considering all the BS HRC and now biden is getting away with?  Im all for people being held accountable for their BS, but every politician should be held to the same standard. It right now, it just is not. This is insane, no matter side of the spectrum you lean, to be ok with this happening is not acceptable imo. Hold everyone to the same standard. Not just trump. It’s total BS. 
    This is what makes you laughable. What, exactly, was all the BS HRC got away with? Hillary who testified for 23 hours before the Beghanzi Committee? Hillary who released 20 years of her tax returns? Hillary who's Clinton Global Foundation is an open book? Hillary, who's Rose Law Firm billing records didn't result in an indictment, one she wouldn't have been shielded from as First Lady? Brandon, who was out of office for 4 years with a POOTWH AG and justice department and has yet to be charged with a crime? Are you serious?

A grand jury made up of regular everyday 'Muricans heard the evidence, listened to witnesses and voted to indict. The same standard applies when crimes are committed. Thus far, I haven't seen nor heard of any crimes committed by Hillary or Brandon. POOTWH has a lifetime of them.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    KP_McMinn said:

Donald John Trump
    😂😂 Fuck him and his crooked mouth! Another red wave lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    For Waco, I took the under when 15,000 was suggested.

How Big Are Trump Rally Crowds?

https://www.dcreport.org/2023/03/31/how-big-are-trump-rally-crowds/
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Talk about a meltdown. Yeesh. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited April 2023
    ikiT said:

"A Times photo caption repeated this: “Thousands of supporters attended Mr. Trump’s rally on Saturday in Waco, Texas.”

The truth: not even 2,000 people attended."

When even the NY Times is putting out inaccurate information, you gotta scratch your head.  Trump is like some of those internet trolls who like to draw attention to themselves (can't think of any off hand, but maybe you know what I mean, lol).  The media get sucked right in to that bullshit.  Maybe it's time for a massive turning of our backs on this shit.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    ikiT said:

"A Times photo caption repeated this: “Thousands of supporters attended Mr. Trump’s rally on Saturday in Waco, Texas.”

When even the NY Times is putting out inaccurate information, you gotta scratch your head.  Trump is like some of those internet trolls who like to draw attention to themselves (can't think of any off hand, but maybe you know what I mean, lol).  The media get sucked right in to that bullshit.  Maybe it's time for a massive turning of our backs on this shit.

i wonder if a second indictment will bring out more or fewer of his supporters.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    going to to this right here....

gift article..

Preparations underway for Trump’s arraignment in N.Y. court on Tuesday
    By Carol D. Leonnig, Josh Dawsey, Shayna Jacobs and Perry Stein
    March 31, 2023 at 19:53 ET
    Former president Donald Trump plans to fly to New York on Monday and stay overnight before appearing in a specially secured Manhattan courthouse to be arraigned on still-unspecified criminal charges, people briefed on the arrangements said.
    The first-ever indictment of a former president — who is also a 2024 White House hopeful — brings unusual security challenges to the courthouse complex in Lower Manhattan, even as it continues to roil the political landscape.
    On Friday, Trump lashed out on social media at the judge assigned to the case and a prosecutor from the office of Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg. Republican lawmakers focused their ire on Bragg, an elected Democrat, while Bragg’s deputy pushed back against demands from GOP committee chairs that the district attorney come to Capitol Hill and explain his investigation.
    Being charged with, or convicted of, a crime would not disqualify Trump from running for president or holding the office. But the optics and logistics of campaigning while navigating a legal case could get complicated. For the moment, Trump and his advisers are ramping up their fundraising efforts and making the rounds of GOP lawmakers and party leaders, leaving his lawyers to negotiate his surrender to law enforcement and his security detail to coordinate logistics with police.

continues....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Talk about a meltdown. Yeesh. 
    trump's been melting down since 2015. it is only going to get more frequent and will be more immature incoherent ranting.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    What drives me nuts is that these people cannot afford to be sending money to this fat orange fuckface yet they do. 

Even Lindsay Graham was begging people to send him money the other night. The motherfucker is supposed to be a billionaire. All this should be pocket change to him.

These fools just don't get it.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    What drives me nuts is that these people cannot afford to be sending money to this fat orange fuckface yet they do. 

Even Lindsay Graham was begging people to send him money the other night. The motherfucker is supposed to be a billionaire. All this should be pocket change to him.

it is the same kind of people that send money they don't have to the rich televangelist that needs a new airplane. there is nothing in it for the people sending money. they get nothing out of it. it is not like the evangelist is going to pray extra hard for 80 year old phyllis from missouri because she sent him 20 bucks.

brianlux said:
    ikiT said:

Would love to think fewer.  There are some local yokel Trump fans who often (especially on weekends) set up a MAGA  stand off US highway 50 just off Missouri Flat Rd that sells Trump flags and banners and the like.  With the recent indictment events, the size of the stand and efforts to attract attention have grown but I'm not seeing any thing like a bigger turn out there.  I wonder if this illustrates the trend for Trump supporters?  If so, that would indicate that the die-hards are digging their heels in but perhaps some others less rabid fans are backing off.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    ikiT said:

Would love to think fewer.  There are some local yokel Trump fans who often (especially on weekends) set up a MAGA  stand off US highway 50 just off Missouri Flat Rd that sells Trump flags and banners and the like.  With the recent indictment events, the size of the stand and efforts to attract attention have grown but I'm not seeing any thing like a bigger turn out there.  I wonder if this illustrates the trend for Trump supporters?  If so, that would indicate that the die-hards are digging their heels in but perhaps some others less rabid fans are backing off.
    they probably sent the money set aside for trump flags and trinkets directly to trump himself for his defense. i am willing to bet that most trump supporters that would actually wear trump labeled clothing already have it. my guess is traffic at the shops may increase, but sales may not. i mean, how many designs of trump gear can people make? it's not like pearl jam merch where it is always new designs.

There is a whole cottage industry built around POOTWH merchandise.

Brilliantati©
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I think I read him say Democrats play checkers, snd trump plays chess? Um, who is president right now in an election that Trump claims he was played? If he’s so smart, why is he not president? 

I love how none of these jabberwalkies make a lick of sense. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    edited April 2023

it is the same kind of people that send money they don't have to the rich televangelist that needs a new airplane. there is nothing in it for the people sending money. they get nothing out of it. it is not like the evangelist is going to pray extra hard for 80 year old phyllis from missouri because she sent him 20 bucks.
    It makes me sick. We found out years ago that my grandma was sending hundreds of dollars to a televangelist....can't remember who now...but basically every time she sat down and watched the show she sent money that she needed for herself.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

Looks like a group of 130 people puked all over that lady's rv. 

I got one of those weird Trump stores near me. I will never understand putting all that time and effort into blindly supporting a politician....especially this one. Boggles my mind. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    ikiT said:

they probably sent the money set aside for trump flags and trinkets directly to trump himself for his defense. i am willing to bet that most trump supporters that would actually wear trump labeled clothing already have it. my guess is traffic at the shops may increase, but sales may not. i mean, how many designs of trump gear can people make? it's not like pearl jam merch where it is always new designs.

"A fool and his money..."

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    ikiT said:

"A fool and his money..."

are soon parted at tour time.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Odd that they were "shaken".  Did they really think this would just go away?

Mar-a-Lago events suspended as Trump huddles with ‘shaken’ advisers

Former president prepares for New York court appearance at Florida resort after news of indictment caught him by surprise

Weekend events at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, were suspended on Friday as the former president was “huddling” with his attorneys after being blindsided by the grand jury indictment handed up against him after payments to the porn star Stormy Daniels.

Trump, the New York Post reported, is meeting with advisers who were said to be “shaken” by the news of dozens of criminal charges related to a $130,000 payment given to Daniels, whose legal name is Stephanie Gregory Clifford.

“It won’t be business as usual,” a source told the Post. “They expected this but there is shock now that it’s happened.

“It’s real now. And they are worried about a surprise.”

More at link...

brianlux said:
    Odd that they were "shaken".  Did they really think this would just go away?

Mar-a-Lago events suspended as Trump huddles with ‘shaken’ advisers

Former president prepares for New York court appearance at Florida resort after news of indictment caught him by surprise

Weekend events at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, were suspended on Friday as the former president was “huddling” with his attorneys after being blindsided by the grand jury indictment handed up against him after payments to the porn star Stormy Daniels.

Trump, the New York Post reported, is meeting with advisers who were said to be “shaken” by the news of dozens of criminal charges related to a $130,000 payment given to Daniels, whose legal name is Stephanie Gregory Clifford.

“It won’t be business as usual,” a source told the Post. “They expected this but there is shock now that it’s happened.

“It’s real now. And they are worried about a surprise.”

More at link...

“They’re worried about a surprise?” Really? POOTWH hasn’t had an honest day in his life and they’re worried about “being surprised?” Do they realize or know who they’re working for?

More reputations going to shit. I hope their retainers were paid in advance. Actually, I don’t.

Brilliantati©
    putting this here til the other thread opens again, if its going to.

Trump indictment ends decades of perceived invincibility
    By JILL COLVIN
    Today

NEW YORK (AP) — When Donald Trump steps before a judge this coming week to be arraigned in a New York courtroom, it will not only mark the first time a former U.S. president has faced criminal charges. It will also be a reckoning for a man long nicknamed “Teflon Don,” who until now has managed to skirt serious legal jeopardy despite 40 years of legal scrutiny.

Trump, who is the early front-runner for the Republican presidential nomination, is expected to turn himself in Tuesday. He faces charges including at least one felony offense related to hush money payments to women during his 2016 campaign. Like any other person facing trial, he will be booked, fingerprinted and photographed before being given the chance to enter a plea.

The spectacle that is sure to unfold will mark an unprecedented moment in American history that will demonstrate once again how dramatically Trump — who already held the distinction of being the first president to be impeached twice — has upended democratic norms. But on a personal level, the indictment pierces the cloak of invincibility that seemed to follow Trump through his decades in business and in politics, as he faced allegations of fraud, collusion and sexual misconduct.

“Boy, after all this time it’s a bit of a shock,” Trump biographer Michael D’Antonio said of the indictment. “You know I always thought of him as the Gingerbread Man, shouting, ‘You can’t catch me!’ as he ran away.”

“Given his track record,” he said, “I had trouble imagining he would ever be held accountable.”

“These are not things that Donald Trump ever thought in his entire life, nor I, for that matter, that he would ever be confronted with,” Michael Cohen, Trump's longtime fixer and a key witness in the case who served jail time for the payments, told CNN.

Of course, some of the celebration by Trump's detractors may be premature. Trump could seek to have a judge quickly dismiss the case. Even if it moves forward, there's no guarantee of conviction. Intensifying investigations in Atlanta and Washington are seen as potentially more serious legal threats.

Still, Trump and his team were caught by surprise when word of the New York indictment broke Thursday evening, following news reports that the grand jury hearing the case was set for a weekslong hiatus. As the deliberations dragged on, some in Trump's orbit had become convinced that the case had stalled and that charges might never be brought. That included Trump lawyer Joe Tacopina, who said Friday morning he had hoped the “rule of law would prevail.”

Trump, he said on the “Today" show, was “initially was shocked” by news of the charges, but quickly pivoted to his usual pushback playbook.

“After he got over that," he said, Trump "put a notch on his belt and he decided we have to fight now. And he got into a typical Donald Trump posture where he’s ready to be combative on something that he believes is an injustice. ... I think he’s now in the posture that he’s ready to fight this.”

In the meantime, Trump and his team have tried to use the news to his advantage, hoping to energize his loyal base by painting the investigation as part of a larger plot to derail his candidacy.

Already, the charges have been a boon to his struggling fundraising. The campaign announced Friday evening that it had raised over $4 million in the 24 hours after the indictment became public, far smashing its previous record after the FBI search of Trump's Mar-a-Lago club.

More than 25% of donations, according to the campaign, came from first-time donors. The average contribution: $34.

His campaign also continued to blast out supportive statements from dozens of top Republicans who have rallied behind Trump, including several of his declared and likely challengers, underscoring his continued hold on the party.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, in a speech Saturday to conservatives meeting in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, accused the Democratic prosecutor in New York, Alvin Bragg, of weaponizing the law “for political purposes” in bringing a case against “a former president.” DeSantis said the district attorney had indicted “a former president on misdemeanor offenses” that he was “straining to try to convert into felonies.”

Trump has been in contact by phone with key congressional allies, including members of House leadership and top committees, according to people familiar with the conversations, who, like others, spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the response.

Trump ally Rep. Jim Banks, R-Ind., who formally endorsed the former president Friday, said Trump “doesn’t back down" and was going to "fight back," telling a local radio show it was "yet another chapter where Donald Trump is going to come back on top in the end."

The media maelstrom has catapulted Trump back into the spotlight he craves, at least temporarily limiting attention being paid to his rivals, including DeSantis, who is widely expected to challenge Trump for the nomination, and has been holding events across the county to promote his book.

Trump aides have been discussing other ideas to maximize the situation, including the possibility of holding a press event either before or after the arraignment. Trump is expected to travel from Florida to New York on Monday and stay overnight at Trump Tower in midtown Manhattan before heading to the courthouse early Tuesday. He will return to Florida after the arraignment.

Trump has long denied that he had a sexual encounter with the porn actor known as Stormy Daniels and has blasted Bragg for pursuing the years-old case.

Trump is also facing continued investigations in Georgia, over his efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election, and in Washington, where a special counsel is probing the events of Jan. 6, 2021, as well as Trump's handling of classified documents at Mar-a-Lago and potential obstruction of the investigation.

But Sam Nunberg, a longtime former aide who broke with Trump years ago, said that while he no longer supports Trump, he believes the Manhattan case is “a waste of time," given the allegations, which remain under seal. And he said he was skeptical it would ultimately matter.

“It doesn’t surprise me," he said of the indictment. “What would surprise me is if he actually ended up behind bars in prison and I don’t see that happening.”

D’Antonio said that sentiment — and a continued belief that Trump will somehow prevail and dodge the charges — continues among the many people who have reached out to him in the last 24 hours, despite the charges.

“They're like, he's going to get away with it," he said. "Somehow, he’s going to get it thrown out.”

___

This story has been corrected to reflect that Trump Tower is in midtown Manhattan, not lower Manhattan.

___

Associated Press writer Marc Levy in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, contributed to this report.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    KP_McMinn said:
    mfc2006 said:
    KP_McMinn said:
    mfc2006 said:
    benjs said:
    KP_McMinn said:

Donald John Trump
    mfc2006 said:
    benjs said:
    KP_McMinn said:

Donald John Trump

Bro, didn’t trump use an unsecured android phone for years? If so, what’s the freaking difference with that poor security and HRCs unsecured server? It’s the same damn thing, and neither of them were indicted for that lax security. Did HRC also bribe a porn star weeks before the election? 
    Well, its related to the first but will eventually be related to the second. And they definitely illustrate the chess over the checkers.

Everything but preparing a defense, which I guess isn't required for an arraignment as all you're doing is entering a plea. I really hope they seal the mug shot and make anyone who wants it released have to file a claim on legal grounds and the DA appeals, all the way to the SCOTUS, if necessary. You know POOTWH wants it to make money off of. Make them pay to get it.

Trump’s legal and campaign team had spent weeks preparing for an expected indictment. They had researched lines of attack against Bragg and Michael Cohen, Trump’s former attorney and fixer who is believed to be one of Bragg’s key witnesses. They had drafted possible statements and fundraising appeals to push out, as well as a broad plan for Trump’s allies, both legal and political, to blanket television and radio airwaves.

Yet Trump’s lawyers were nonetheless caught off-guard when the news actually came. Some had become so certain that there would be no movement on the investigation in the short term that they had been preparing to take time off, while others — including adviser Boris Epshteyn, who is playing a lead role on Trump’s legal team — had advised Trump that he would not be indicted at all.

Trump’s legal team broke the news to him by phone Thursday, and then began scrambling to prepare for the coming days.

Bragg, bars, orange, woman, commissary, bunk, lights out or whatever the Mensa test that POOTWH took was.

Trump’s advisers and lawyers, however, have also viewed some of Trump’s more extreme posts on Truth Social to be problematic, including one last month in which he shared an image of him wielding a baseball bat next to a photo of Bragg. (Trump later claimed to Fox News’s Sean Hannity that he wasn’t aware of the image he’d shared).

They know what they have in their corner and they still rally around.

“He has never been concerned about any story that paints him as a moral reprobate,” one Trump ally said. “His whole life and career have been full of those stories and they’ve never harmed him, in his mind.”

Suckers

His team also immediately began using the news to fundraise. In one email to supporters Friday, Trump warned that “our justice system has utterly COLLAPSED.” He went on to ask for a $1 contribution “to cement your place in history and accept YOUR membership as a FOUNDING DEFENDER OF PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP AGAINST THIS WITCH HUNT.”

Friday evening, the campaign sent out a press release claiming Trump had raised more than $4 million in the 24 hours after the indictment, including more than 25 percent of donations from first-time donors.

From drag queens? Books? The other? from what, exactly? Ummmm, sure, right.

“For the sin of putting America first, the Democrats and billionaires are weaponizing government to try and stop him,” Budowich wrote. “They will fail, he will use this politically-motivated indictment to propel his campaign to an historic landslide victory, and with four more years, he will Save America.”

How Donald Trump is responding to unprecedented indictment - The Washington Post

Brilliantati©
    what do you bet trump makes a super expensive nft out of his mug shot? you know some simp will buy it.