Options

Soundgarden - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominee

Comments

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    soundgarden from Sorcery of Psyche
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Band Called Rage Against The Machine Got Political Go Figure
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,121
    Keep voting! They are closing the gap on number 4!
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,889
    Would anyone know the  value of a band signed  king animal  vinyl?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    Would anyone know the  value of a band signed  king animal  vinyl?

No idea. Something like that , you might want to think about an auction if you are thinking of selling. Theres one up for sale on ebay, authenticated with a letter on offer for $1999.00.

Honestly its value will be in how much someone wants to pay, you know?

Just curious, signed for you, not to you? Meaning , you presented it to them and they all signed?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Its the same as the one in eBay.  I got it from the tour msnager at the brixton show. They did 5 each show and posters also fully signed for random sale normal price. 
    I happened to know someone got ine at a show prior so i asked the tour manager in conversation at the  show before and he said i will leave one for you at the merch stand. Just tell them i sent you . 
    I was lucky to meet them all and get other items such as ticket signed.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    The reason i ask is for is i think i will sell it as i have other things  to hold close to me. I have no money and i have a goal to get better and play a years golf with  my son. It would cover a year i hope.  And do actual living. " I've  been away for too long"
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    The ticket i got signed in person.  It was the  only gig chris came out all tour and i have that  sig tattooed on my arm .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    The ticket i got signed in person.  It was the  only gig chris came out all tour and i have that  sig tattooed on my arm .

nice.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    A great time. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,815
    New album coming:

The Antiquiet Podcast
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/6M3foJqa6mhzUdaOabB5Bk
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    New album coming:

The Antiquiet Podcast
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/6M3foJqa6mhzUdaOabB5Bk
    Fantastic news! :plus_one:

Antiquiet Exclusive: A long-running lawsuit between Soundgarden and Vicky Cornell over the use of her late husband Chris Cornell's unreleased vocal tracks has been settled. This means the nearly-completed new Soundgarden album can now be finished and released, an enormously exciting development for fans.Full details in the episode! The as-yet-untitled album's song titles likely include:“Road Less Traveled” (Cornell/Cameron) “Orphans” (Cornell/Cameron)“At Ophians Door” (Cornell/Cameron) “Cancer” (Cornell) “Ahead Of The Dog” (Cornell/Thayil) “Merrmas” (Cornell/Shepherd) “Stone Age Mind” (Cornell)
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    🤞 Awesome!

Now let’s get that TOTD concert from 2016 cut together and out for viewing!
  • Options

Get your votes in while you still can. 

The Fan Vote closes this Friday. 

• Options
    Looks like a lock for top 5!
  • Options
    goes to show how much stock the fan vote gets you. #4 and 5 shut out and what was 8th or 9th is in....

happy for Rage. fucked up about SG and Maiden.

• Options
    cyndi lauper too....

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,123
    Was listening to Q 104.3 in nyc after inductees announced after 8am est…. The chair of the hall of fame was in, they questioned him about all the none rock n rollers who got in, and how people are pissed… he gave some lawyeryyy answer on his the origins of R&R encompassed this sound & that….bunch of horsehit

SG & Maiden should say fuck you when asked next year … cause it’s obvious they are trying to spread acts out over the years, prob running out of no brainers
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Was listening to Q 104.3 in nyc after inductees announced after 8am est…. The chair of the hall of fame was in, they questioned him about all the none rock n rollers who got in, and how people are pissed… he gave some lawyeryyy answer on his the origins of R&R encompassed this sound & that….bunch of horsehit

SG & Maiden should say fuck you when asked next year … cause it’s obvious they are trying to spread acts out over the years, prob running out of no brainers

then why have the fan vote at all? George Michael the only one of the top 5 to get in. 
    also noticed they removed the fan vote totals on the website.

• Options
    This is a bummer. Happy for all the inductees, that’s a great list. But no SG or Iron Maiden? Yeah, not sure the fan vote held much sway.
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 581
    This is a bummer. Happy for all the inductees, that’s a great list. But no SG or Iron Maiden? Yeah, not sure the fan vote held much sway.
    It holds no sway at all. A complete farce.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    ZoSoTim said:
    It holds no sway at all. A complete farce.
    Awesome Mr Baklava avatar.

I love SG and listen to them more, but no Maiden in the R&R HoF is crazy

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,105
    I don't think the fan vote makes much of a difference.

I also think the RRHOF has a process.   If you were mega popular like a Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc... you tend to get inducted right away.  Bands like Soundgarden and AIC weren't at that level of popularity and influence (they were still playing theatres while Pearl Jam was playing arenas and stadiums kind of thing).    If you were megabig you get inducted right away.  If you were moderately big you get inducted at some point down the road.

I think the poster above is right.  If they induct all the rock bands right away, they're not going to have much to induct down the road.   The popularity of rock music has been waning.   So they don't induct all the bands right away, and they also fill it with non rock bands now.   I can see their point of view, if they don't, it becomes irrelevant in short order, because there won't be any bands left that make people want to pay attention to the ceremony and spectacle.

I'm sure Soundgarden will get inducted one day, and I'll watch it on TV :)
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    The fan vote means almost nothing. Whoever wins the fan vote (tt was George Michael this time) gets ONE additional vote. But there's like a thousand votes. 

Happy to see Rage get in but that doesn't change the fact that the Rock Hall is a joke and always will be. It's not just that I get annoyed over Iron Maiden getting passed over every year, it's the goofballs that they put in over them that drives me crazy. 

Soundgarden's time will come. I mean, fucking Green Day is in there. Nothing against Green Day. But if you told me that one of those two bands would be inducted immediately and the other would wait for years, I never would've Soundgarden would be waiting. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 581
    Green Day suck giant hairy donkey dick.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    ZoSoTim said:
    Green Day suck giant hairy donkey dick.
    Preach, AB!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved