Live On 4 Legs Episodes - Reaction To Running

Comments

• I'd like to introduce you to a project that features Pearl Jam meets fantasy sports draft. What we do is bring 4 people in to draft a setlist against each other selecting the songs in setlist order. once a song is selected, its off the board. It's 24 songs, 18 main set and 6 encore, and is based off of songs only played in 2022. So songs like Blood and Tremor Christ that weren't played this year are unavailable. After today, we'll create a poll where people can vote on what the best setlist of the bunch is, and that winner will move on to the finals where they'll face three other winners that will compete in the following weeks.

This is a fun project and is a lot of fun for the people who draft their sets. We'd like to continue this for as long as we can, so if you take a listen and are interested in playing, please shoot me a note - liveon4legspodcast@gmail.com. always looking to get more people in!

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Newcastle 2006, the one of two where Alive opens the night

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• São Paulo 2005

• Detroit 2014

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    ^^^^^^ The last time I saw Pearl Jam live.  Maybe the last ever, if they never return to Michigan.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • ^^^^^^ The last time I saw Pearl Jam live.  Maybe the last ever, if they never return to Michigan.
    In the episode we went through the Michigan statistics for shows over the years and the results are staggering.

• ^^^^^^ The last time I saw Pearl Jam live.  Maybe the last ever, if they never return to Michigan.
    In the episode we went through the Michigan statistics for shows over the years and the results are staggering.
    You hit the nail on the head for many of us in the area. The confusing nail.  Multiple shows in the state over multiple tours...and but only 1 in 15 years. And then, as you hit, as well, just a lack of anything in the neighboring states. I'm a little west of Detroit (an hour-ish), and in the past Chicago, Cleveland, Indy, Pittsburgh have all been in play, all being within a 4.5 hour drive. Other than Wrigley, an one-day or overnight driving trip just hasnt been a possibility.  And i dont think we here in Michigan are the only ones that have had to deal with this, as there have been less shows, but man... Detroit might be a hole to many, but its a pretty legendary and supportive concert town.  
  • Next 3 episodes are gonna be from 2022 shows. Let’s do Fresno this week

• Frankfurt 2022

• We hosted our annual holiday party last week and Richard Stuverud popped in to say hello. We had a great conversation that lasted about a half hour, lots of good answers about everything that happened back in May leading to his three show stretch with the band. Listen to it here:

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    We hosted our annual holiday party last week and Richard Stuverud popped in to say hello. We had a great conversation that lasted about a half hour, lots of good answers about everything that happened back in May leading to his three show stretch with the band. Listen to it here:

Thanks!
    Bump!
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 924
    edited December 2022
    Is this the best show from 2022? There is a great argument to be made for it. St. Louis now available for people that enjoy podcasts 

• Self pollution, noise pollution, air pollution, solution pollution…

Self pollution, noise pollution, air pollution, solution pollution…

Nice! Think I have few shn / flac copies of that complete amazing broadcast. I wish they could do something like this, on SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio. 
  • demetrios said:

Nice! Think I have few shn / flac copies of that complete amazing broadcast. I wish they could do something like this, on SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio. 
    That’s a really great idea. The only thing as to why SiriusXM would likely say no is due to wanting an actual audience there like the Apollo show. I know Stone has guest DJed before, but might be cool to do something like this for some of the side bands like Painted Shield. It puts them in a spotlight that they otherwise wouldn’t have

demetrios said:

That’s a really great idea. The only thing as to why SiriusXM would likely say no is due to wanting an actual audience there like the Apollo show. I know Stone has guest DJed before, but might be cool to do something like this for some of the side bands like Painted Shield. It puts them in a spotlight that they otherwise wouldn’t have
    Gotcha. With a 3rd album to come would be great for some live Painted Shield material. 

Happy 28th Anni Self Pollution Radio!
  • This isn’t Milwaukee
    This isn’t Moline
    This is the show that was in between
    No full album? That’s OK
    St. Paul is special in its own way
    Love Boat Captain with an incredible jam
    And a doctor that gets up close with the band
    It was 8 years since they played Minnesota
    So the crowd was alive, more than meeting their quota 
    This may be a show you might have forgotten
    But were breaking the stigma, so let’s get to talkin

• For those of you who need your Binaural fix
    This show from 2000 happened up in the 6
    Charged by versions of Corduroy and Sleight Of Hand
    Brain Of J and Mankind, it was one for the fans
    This show was a request from our Patron Gaby
    And we’ll be joined by Steve Bennett and our Gear Guru Javi
    He’ll get into effects from guitars of Stone and Mike
    Who both displayed their talents with might
    So whether it’s beer or airlines that this venue is named
    It’s time to break this one down, are you game?

Toronto, Ontario, CA - 10/5/2000

• Columbia, Maryland 1996

• Mexico City 2015

• For everyone that wants their fill of Yield stuff today, we did a nice little retrospective about the album and it’s impact, especially on where it led the band song writing wise into the next 25 years. And evolution of the album songs live, the ones that thrives and the others that never got a chance to:

Also this episode on the 98 Tibetan Freedom Concert is up on our subscription based platform

https://liveon4legs.com/podcast/patreon-exclusive-tibetan-freedom-concert-washington-d-c-6-14-1998/

Later today I’ll post a blog featuring some of the best live performances from each track on the record

• Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

• An Ape/Man show today - Wembley Arena Night 2 2000

• There are a lot of great tours and albums celebrating milestones this year.

1993 - 30 years
    1998 - 25 years
    2003 - 20 years
    2013 - 10 years

We’re gonna spend 2023 covering every tour extensively, starting with this one from 2003 in Australia. One of NINE 2003 shows we have on our plate this year. So check it out.

and if you’re reading this, comment and say hi, it would be nice to hear from someone!

• Maui, Hawaii 1998

Sendai, Japan 2003

Thanks for the 10k views in this thread. Would be nice to know who’s listening!