*** Eddie Vedder Innings Festival Fanviews 02/26/23 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
Eddie Vedder
Innings Festival
Tempe, AZ
02/26/23
Set List

Walk On Music: On My Way-(Vedder, Wotman, Klinghoffer)
Onstage 09:30
Offstage 10:59

Guests: Josh Klinghoffer, Bronson Arroyo, Clint Walsh

01. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
02. Far Behind
03. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney)
04. Wishlist
{Talks about a museum with beautiful instruments-then smashes ukulele}
05. Soon Forget
06. I Won't Back Down-(Lynne, Petty)
07. Just Breathe w/ Josh Klinghoffer (acoustic guitar and bg voc) (Interrupts song for incident in the audience)
Ed and Josh quietly improv while waiting for issue in crowd to be sorted
08. Hunger Strike-(Cornell) w/ Josh K electric guitar & bg vocs {Ed sings all verses, the audience sings the “going hungry” reply vocals and Josh sings minimal bg vocs}
09. Better Man w/ Josh K pump organ & electric guitar
10. In God’s Country-(U2/Bono) w/ Josh K electric gtr & bg vocs and Clint Walsh electric gtr,
11. Society-(Hannan) w/ Josh K guitar & bg vocs
12. Black- {Ed only sings w/ Bronson Arroyo on electric guitar and Josh K on pump organ}
{Ed on wireless mic lets him go to edge of stage and to barricade}
13. Lukin
14. Porch
15. Hard Sun-(Peterson)
16. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young) w/ Josh K pump organ and Clint Walsh guitar

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.
Tagged:

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Thanks Sea 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Long Way was scratched.  It was supposed to follow Just Breathe but was cut as the curfew was not going to be extended despite the crowd incident that interrupted JB.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Long Way was scratched.  It was supposed to follow Just Breathe but was cut as the curfew was not going to be extended despite the crowd incident that interrupted JB.  
    Long Way or Long Road?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    Long Way was scratched.  It was supposed to follow Just Breathe but was cut as the curfew was not going to be extended despite the crowd incident that interrupted JB.  
    Long Way or Long Road?
    Or Take The Long Way?
  • Lotsa PJ in there (8 of 16), great for the casual fans. Wish I’d been there. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

tdawe said:
    Long Way or Long Road?
    Or Take The Long Way?
    I assumed LW is TTLW....that's a Matt song so I would have been surprised to hear that one

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    What a great setlist! 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    tdawe said:
    Long Way or Long Road?
    Or Take The Long Way?
    I assumed LW is TTLW....that's a Matt song so I would have been surprised to hear that one
    I assume it is the Earthling’s Long Way. 
    edited February 2023
     I had so much fun. It was my first time seeing Ed completely solo. I did see Earthlings. I thought he sounded great and seemed to be having fun. Setlist was awesome. The show felt really short though. It just zipped on by. I was sad to see it end. I did get a guitar pick so that added some excitement to my day as well. 

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Great photos!  Ed and a strat just look weird to me. lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    Was best show of the weekend and the In God's Country was highlight... whenever he covers U2 it blows me away
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    GlowGirl said:
    tdawe said:
    Long Way or Long Road?
    Or Take The Long Way?

GlowGirl said:
     I had so much fun. It was my first time seeing Ed completely solo. I did see Earthlings. I thought he sounded great and seemed to be having fun. Setlist was awesome. The show felt really short though. It just zipped on by. I was sad to see it end. I did get a guitar pick so that added some excitement to my day as well. 

Hell of a spot you had!
    And yeah, it was supposed to be Long Way (with Josh playing Benmont Tench's part).
    Glad you got a pick!
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

GlowGirl said:
    tdawe said:
    Long Way or Long Road?
    Or Take The Long Way?
    yep....my bad

didn't even cross my mind :)

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    dang he sounded good
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Sea said: 10. In God’s Country-(U2/Bono) w/ Josh K electric gtr & bg vocs and Clint Walsh electric gtr,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na0E5MF-VmA
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Go Animal said:
    GlowGirl said:
    tdawe said:
    Long Way or Long Road?
    Or Take The Long Way?

GlowGirl said:

Hell of a spot you had!
    And yeah, it was supposed to be Long Way (with Josh playing Benmont Tench's part).
    Glad you got a pick!
    Yeah. I was one of the lunatics that lined up at 7am for rail (the rest of you know who you are). But got the rail so it was worth it to me. 
  • AP’s are available from the artist for those interested:

https://oliver-barrett.myshopify.com/

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    Awesome Glow Girl! You definitely earned that!  
  • GlowGirl said:
    Go Animal said:
    GlowGirl said:
    tdawe said:
    Long Way or Long Road?
    Or Take The Long Way?

GlowGirl said:

Hell of a spot you had!
    Glad you got a pick!
    Yeah. I was one of the lunatics that lined up at 7am for rail (the rest of you know who you are). But got the rail so it was worth it to me. 
    Nice work!!!
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    Nice looking set for a short festival.  Love to see that hunger strike carry over into a pj set again! 

Most importantly, any ev musings on a new album or hitting the road soonish?
  • No musings by Ed regarding a new album or a tour.  I felt that the set paled in comparison to his 2019 Innings show.  At 90 minutes with two delays to make sure the crowd was ok, it seemed like a fairly short set, although I will say he’s in fine voice!  I did appreciate Hunger Strike and In God’s Country.  There was a noticeable decrease in crowd size from Saturday’s Green Day show to Ed on Sunday.  Perhaps that was weather related.  Always good to see Ed, but I was left feeling meh about his show overall.
  • Rail is always  worth it. And a beautiful  thing 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Earthling album still so fresh,  would seem slightly disappointing to not get more of that IMO 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    No musings by Ed regarding a new album or a tour.  I felt that the set paled in comparison to his 2019 Innings show.  At 90 minutes with two delays to make sure the crowd was ok, it seemed like a fairly short set, although I will say he’s in fine voice!  I did appreciate Hunger Strike and In God’s Country.  There was a noticeable decrease in crowd size from Saturday’s Green Day show to Ed on Sunday.  Perhaps that was weather related.  Always good to see Ed, but I was left feeling meh about his show overall.
    Yeah, 16 songs was weak for a headliner.  Maybe it should have been 17 without delays.  I was there last night.  Fun time.  I don’t expect to be blown away by Eddie solo anymore.   Especially at a festival. We know the drill.  Ed sounded fantastic.  

Hunger Strike and In God’s Country were the highlights for me.  

I have learned over the years I want drums and bass at festivals.   Leave the singer/songwriter stuff for the theaters for what it is built for.  Same for Mumford, although he had a band on stage for a few songs.

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 2,976
    It is very strange to me that, at an Eddie Vedder solo show, he performed only one Eddie Vedder-written song from an Eddie Vedder solo album ("Far Behind"). Nothing from Earthling, and two of the three songs from the Into the Wild soundtrack are covers. Everything else is either a Pearl Jam song or a cover of a song by another artist.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • No musings by Ed regarding a new album or a tour.  I felt that the set paled in comparison to his 2019 Innings show.  At 90 minutes with two delays to make sure the crowd was ok, it seemed like a fairly short set, although I will say he’s in fine voice!  I did appreciate Hunger Strike and In God’s Country.  There was a noticeable decrease in crowd size from Saturday’s Green Day show to Ed on Sunday.  Perhaps that was weather related.  Always good to see Ed, but I was left feeling meh about his show overall.
    Yeah, 16 songs was weak for a headliner.  Maybe it should have been 17 without delays.  I was there last night.  Fun time.  I don’t expect to be blown away by Eddie solo anymore.   Especially at a festival. We know the drill.  Ed sounded fantastic.  

I have learned over the years I want drums and bass at festivals.   Leave the singer/songwriter stuff for the theaters for what it is built for.  Same for Mumford, although he had a band on stage for a few songs.

It was on the short side but it was only ever a 90 minute slot on the schedule.  

I enjoyed it but I agree with whoever said the 2019 version was better. 

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    edited February 2023
    No musings by Ed regarding a new album or a tour.  I felt that the set paled in comparison to his 2019 Innings show.  At 90 minutes with two delays to make sure the crowd was ok, it seemed like a fairly short set, although I will say he’s in fine voice!  I did appreciate Hunger Strike and In God’s Country.  There was a noticeable decrease in crowd size from Saturday’s Green Day show to Ed on Sunday.  Perhaps that was weather related.  Always good to see Ed, but I was left feeling meh about his show overall.

Same...especially when headlining

Hunger Strike was definitely a highlight for me - especially with the whole crowd participating. I also enjoyed You've Got To Hide Your Love Away. That is one of my favorite Beatles songs and I have always liked his cover of that, so was happy to see it live. I wish Long Way wasn't cut. I couldn't see the commotion in the crowd that held up the show, but it sucks we had to miss a song because of it.

• Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,221

A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,221

Ed and Randy Johnson
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg