The Last of Us

Who's watching The Last of Us on HBO?  The game series might be my favorite videogames of alltime.  I was a bit nervous about how they'd do the show.
I gotta say, after two episodes, this show is fantastic!  Whether you played the games or not, it's worth checking out.
For those that have played it and not seen it, so far it has stuck to the game very closely.  The deviations have been well done too.  I also think Pedro and Bella have done amazing as Joel and Ellie!

Let's keep this thread as Spoiler-Free as possible!!

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    mca47 said:
    Who's watching The Last of Us on HBO?  The game series might be my favorite videogames of alltime.  I was a bit nervous about how they'd do the show.
    I gotta say, after two episodes, this show is fantastic!  Whether you played the games or not, it's worth checking out.
    For those that have played it and not seen it, so far it has stuck to the game very closely.  The deviations have been well done too.  I also think Pedro and Bella have done amazing as Joel and Ellie!

Let's keep this thread as Spoiler-Free as possible!!
    I don't know anything about the game but yeah....great show. Sunday night's episode was awesome.

It does remind me a lot of I am Legend though. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Never played the game (always had an xbox) but I absolutely love the show so far.
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    Have plans to watch the show. Both games are fantastic. Previews look great. I don’t mind deviations from the original. Cast looks great and I’ll watch Pedro Pascal in anything.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Sucks we won't get Future Days because of the timeline change though
    I miss igotid88
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 900
    Agree, my favourite game I've played (I might prefer the second game though), but had high expectations for the tv show and so far its delivered.  Clickers look great and that was always going to be the most difficult part, I read they used the same actors who did the motion capture on the game hence why the sound and movements are so true to the game.  
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    I think this will be my next show to watch!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

Google The Last of Us and a mushroom will appear. Keep clicking on it. I don't know if it ends though 
    I miss igotid88
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I haven't played the first game in a long time, but there are some scenes/parts from the game that I hope they absolutely nail!  I don't think there was ever a videogame that I played....ever....that made me tear up.  Both games did and I'm the least emotional person out there.  haha!
    igotid88 said:
    Without being "spoiler-y", I don't think we know this.  This season is supposed to be the first game, and the creators haven't mentioned what they are going to do (if anything....but you know they will) with the second game.  Future Days was in the second game. 
    edited January 2023
    mca47 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Without being "spoiler-y", I don't think we know this.  This season is supposed to be the first game, and the creators haven't mentioned what they are going to do (if anything....but you know they will) with the second game.  Future Days was in the second game. 
    Will it be multiple seasons? I thought it was a one off miniseries. Also in the game it started in 2013. The show in 2003. It doesn't mean they can't use it. Because they've newer songs on shows that took place earlier before
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    mca47 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Will it be multiple seasons? I thought it was a one off miniseries. Also in the game it started in 2013. The show in 2003. It doesn't mean they can't use it. Because they've newer songs on shows that took place earlier before
    From what I read, this season will cover all of game one.  Neil Druckman (game creator) and the show runners more or less said that if this is a success then they'd go into game 2...and that would be it. 
    Druckman also recently indicated that there may be a third game at some point.  Given how fn LONG it takes to make a game, I'm guessing they've been working on that for a while now.    
    R.I.P. Annie Wersching. Damn. Didn't know she was sick. 
    I miss igotid88
    edited January 2023
    Great episode. This one will probably get an Emmy or 2
    I miss igotid88
    So was that stuff in the video game?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 900
    That wasn’t in the game but man what an episode, incredible from both Nick and Murray. 
    Every change from the game has been amazing so far and really added to the story. Last week was brilliant to see some clickers, but a standout episode this week, very emotional.
    That wasn’t in the game but man what an episode, incredible from both Nick and Murray. 
    Every change from the game has been amazing so far and really added to the story. Last week was brilliant to see some clickers, but a standout episode this week, very emotional.
    yeah it was good....and it took me awhile to figure out that it was the guy from White Lotus S1

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I'm waiting for all the episodes to be released before binging. I hate the weekly release format so much!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm waiting for all the episodes to be released before binging. I hate the weekly release format so much!!
    good idea...unfortunately we haven't been able to resist because we're out of stuff to watch :) 

PJ_Soul said:
    It's an HBO show. They air stuff weekly. If it was exclusively HBO Max it might be different. 
    I miss igotid88
    Finished the 1st episode, really good. Forgot how good the music was in the game

Great, but short(er) episode last night.  I didn't post on episode 3, but I have to say, that was one of the best episodes on TV in years, IMO.  So good!

In case you missed it, this week's episode (#5) will be shown on Friday due to the Superbowl.
    It's crazy to think that the season is already almost halfway over.  Knowing how much more there is in game one, I wonder if most will be longer (hour+) episodes.  
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    edited February 2023
    mca47 said:
    Great, but short(er) episode last night.  I didn't post on episode 3, but I have to say, that was one of the best episodes on TV in years, IMO.  So good!

In case you missed it, this week's episode (#5) will be shown on Friday due to the Superbowl.
    It's crazy to think that the season is already almost halfway over.  Knowing how much more there is in game one, I wonder if most will be longer (hour+) episodes.  

Just to clarify, it will still air in its normal Sunday night slot but it will be available to stream on HBO Max on Friday due to the SB
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    This show is absolutely awesome.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    This show is absolutely awesome.
    Yep, can't wait for Friday!
    Really liked the ending of ep 4, great show

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Two episodes in, may give up.  Walking dead with cauliflower mushroom zombies.  Should I expect something that hasn't been previously over used by the other on a quest walking for the cure zombie shows?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    static111 said:
    Two episodes in, may give up.  Walking dead with cauliflower mushroom zombies.  Should I expect something that hasn't been previously over used by the other on a quest walking for the cure zombie shows?
    I checked out after episode 3. Did nothing for me but i seem to be in the overwhelming minority
    It is very similar to TWD and I Am Legend for sure. But I checked out of TWD after season 4 or so.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited February 2023
    Been watching this. Never heard of the game, but really liking it so far. It does remind me of early TWD, but a little better. Even the "good" seasons of TWD had some slow spots, like the first half of season 2.
    I didn't care for the episode with Bill. An entire episode for someone who dies at the end of it? I didn't see the point in having that episode. Maybe it makes more sense in the game or something. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    I did think it was kind of odd that they camped out right in the middle of that room rather than trying to conceal themselves. That just seemed obvious to me.