We used to get reissues now we get HD videos of old footage.

Let’s hope the celebrations of anniversaries aren’t dwindling out to mere afterthoughts. 

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    They are also working to bring in new generations of fans. That post may have introduced SVT to some kid who didn’t know it existed! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2023
    bazfromoz said:
    Let’s hope the celebrations of anniversaries aren’t dwindling out to mere afterthoughts. 
    I mean… They are close to afterthoughts. It’s just solely a thing to keep the content calender filled. Not in a bad way. 

You can’t have reissues every time an album gets five years older. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Has the  sound been enhanced?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    An HD upgrade to SVT would be awesome, my favorite PJ DVD, and quite frankly a huge part in why I became the type of fan to travel to see them, go to places like this, etc.  If it is just GTF, yeah not a huge deal, but if they re-release SVT  in HD yes please
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

A blue ray release for all of their videos would be really cool. How about we get started with Immagine in Cornice! :)

Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• A blue ray release for all of their videos would be really cool. How about we get started with Immagine in Cornice! :)

It’s the way of the world now. Everyone streams. Although a physical copy would be awesome, there is a cost for everything. Vault records come at a cost (plus the secondary market); printing, creating new records or reissues, merch, etc., all come at a cost. I think, eventually, the Vault will all be digital, and we will be able to access unearthed Pearl Jam material from there (hopefully). It’s the way it’s going, not only for this band but a lot. I am still happy there is vinyl out there, although sometimes the quality is sketchy. 

Maybe we think there is a bunch of stuff, and there really is not. It’s no secret they didn’t like the media and being filmed (I wouldn’t like having a camera at me at all times), but maybe some stuff they don’t want to be released because it’s not up to their standards or they don’t have that much in the vaults anymore???

Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 

• A blue ray release for all of their videos would be really cool. How about we get started with Immagine in Cornice! :)

It’s the way of the world now. Everyone streams. Although a physical copy would be awesome, there is a cost for everything. Vault records come at a cost (plus the secondary market); printing, creating new records or reissues, merch, etc., all come at a cost. I think, eventually, the Vault will all be digital, and we will be able to access unearthed Pearl Jam material from there (hopefully). It’s the way it’s going, not only for this band but a lot. I am still happy there is vinyl out there, although sometimes the quality is sketchy. 

Maybe we think there is a bunch of stuff, and there really is not. It’s no secret they didn’t like the media and being filmed (I wouldn’t like having a camera at me at all times), but maybe some stuff they don’t want to be released because it’s not up to their standards or they don’t have that much in the vaults anymore???

If Neil Young can release a physical copy of the Dublin 1995-show or... like... something to do with Greendale post the era of streaming. And Guns N Roses can release a 35mm shot concert from 1991 just to be included in a Super Deluxe boxset on Bluray. So can Pearl Jam.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

If Neil Young can release a physical copy of the Dublin 1995-show or... like... something to do with Greendale post the era of streaming. And Guns N Roses can release a 35mm shot concert from 1991 just to be included in a Super Deluxe boxset on Bluray. So can Pearl Jam.
    that presumes that such material exists.  Neil Young didn't mind video and film.  Gun n Roses hired a company to shoot them in 35mm.  Pearl Jam didn't make videos and generally doesn't allow live streams of their sets.  It is pretty unlikely they have stashes of unreleased film footage.  Didn't the refuse to release some film footage of the tour of Australia and Asia they did with Jack Irons.  I suppose that could officially come out.  They did the crew shot video of a tour in 2003 but didn't seem to do any follow ups.  There are at least line cuts of some recent tours of course but I doubt there is a cache of footage from the 90's/early 2000s.

that presumes that such material exists.  Neil Young didn't mind video and film.  Gun n Roses hired a company to shoot them in 35mm.  Pearl Jam didn't make videos and generally doesn't allow live streams of their sets.  It is pretty unlikely they have stashes of unreleased film footage.  Didn't the refuse to release some film footage of the tour of Australia and Asia they did with Jack Irons.  I suppose that could officially come out.  They did the crew shot video of a tour in 2003 but didn't seem to do any follow ups.  There are at least line cuts of some recent tours of course but I doubt there is a cache of footage from the 90's/early 2000s.
    Pearl Jam 20 probably had the most unreleased footage in decades. No?
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 

What has this to do with them re-releasing the video they do have on Blu-ray. The person you quoted was taöling about Imagine in Cornice — not some imaginary video of Sjöhistoriska Museet in Stockholm in 1993.