Options

Cruel World Festival - great line-up for the new wave fans!

May be an image of text that says GOLDENVOICE PR GOLDENVOICEPRESENTS ESENTS RUELWORIA WORID SAT MAY 20 PASADENACA PASA SIOUXSIE IGGY POP BILLY LOVE AND ECHO THE IDOL ROCKETS BUNNYMEN ADAMANT HUMANLEAGUE MOLCHAT DOMA GARY NUMAN BOY HARSHER MODERN ENGLISH GANG FFOUR TWIN TRIBES ABC ELAMINUS THE VAPORS THE SOFT MOON MOTELS GLASS SPELLS ANIMOTION GVLLOW RIKI URBANHEAT AURAT 4 THE RETURN OF CLUB DOOM BROOKSIDE AT THE ROSE BOWL CRUELWORLDFESTCOM FOA PRESENTS

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    Great line up!  Looks like fun.  Are you going, Joe?  Would love to hear about the show.  I didn't know some of these bands were still together.  Very cool!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,425
    brianlux said:
    Great line up!  Looks like fun.  Are you going, Joe?  Would love to hear about the show.  I didn't know some of these bands were still together.  Very cool!
    Definitely going.  We went last year, and it was a great show.   We had backstage access, and got yelled at by Johhny Rotten for asking him for a selfie with us!   

Several of the bands on the line-up haven't played in the U.S. for a long time......15 years since Love & Rockets performed, same for Siouxsie.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,841
    That festival looks great. If they brought it to the East Coast I would be there for sure.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,885
    Good line up. I just don't need to hear "Turning Japanese" by the Vapors...
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Ooooh I just looked it up over the weekend to see if it was going to happen this year, thanks for posting!  I wouldn't go last year because I loved the line up but won't buy tix to anything Morrisey is involved in (I do not agree with his politics and vote with my dollars), so very happy that if I can make the dates work & get tix, I'll be there this year!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    brianlux said:
    Definitely going.  We went last year, and it was a great show.   We had backstage access, and got yelled at by Johhny Rotten for asking him for a selfie with us!   

Several of the bands on the line-up haven't played in the U.S. for a long time......15 years since Love & Rockets performed, same for Siouxsie.
    Approaching Rotten is just a bad idea.  His name really does say it all, lol.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,494
    Great line up, wish I was able to make it. Love and Rockets, Echo and B-Men, Siouxsie, Iggy Pop.  
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,282
    Wow!  What a 80's time machine!  Throw Wang Chung in there, and we'll have a serious party happening.
  • Options
    mr bungle said:
    Wow!  What a 80's time machine!  Throw Wang Chung in there, and we'll have a serious party happening.
    I'm not sure what genre this even is.. Would these include Flock of Seagulls?  Soft Cell?  Franky Goes to Hollywood?  Scandal?  Falco?
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,841
    I have seen most of the top headliners on this festival over the decades. I would love to see Love and Rockets again.