Present Tense ESB beer by Boundary Bay Brewery

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
edited January 2023 in The Porch

There are few who are as passionate about music, let alone one band, as Mike Schmidt. Our newest beer release is inspired by this passion.

Present Tense is an ESB devoted to the celebration of our coworker Mike and his Pearl Jam Poster Gallery. Over the years, Mike has been to over 35 Pearl Jam concerts across 10 states – his collection of Pearl Jam memorabilia will be available for viewing in our Bistro’s gallery for a limited time. Present Tense ESB’s intricate malt character and medium bitterness evenly flows into a smooth and extra clean finish. Hail hail, it doesn’t get Eddie Vedder than this.

Make sure you stop by the bistro to enjoy Present Tense ESB, and check out the poster collection. If you're interested in hearing more about Mike's collection sign up for our newsletter, where an interview with Mike will be published in the next few days!

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Man! If I lived closer I would order a keg!
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Gotta find another way to ship a case to Canada. Hmm ...
  • demetrios said:
    Are they even shipping? I sent an email to them and signed up for their newsletter. I am intrigued about the interview and merch collection. 
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
    demetrios said:
    Are they even shipping? I sent an email to them and signed up for their newsletter. I am intrigued about the interview and merch collection. 

Same. I signed up for their newsletter. Hoping a friend can pick me up a few beers and ship them up to Canada in them sweet old Amazon boxes.
  • demetrios said:
    demetrios said:

Same. I signed up for their newsletter. Hoping a friend can pick me up a few beers and ship them up to Canada in them sweet old Amazon boxes.
    Maybe one of those cans might stay in the box a possibly be shipped to me 😉?
  • StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 885
    edited January 2023
    I would like to add it to my collection.

• Boundary Bay Brewery Beer Release:

Present Tense ESB

Hail, hail, it doesn’t get Eddie Vedder than this…

Present Tense is an ESB devoted to celebrating our coworker Mike and his Pearl Jam Poster Gallery. Over the years, Mike has been to over 35 Pearl Jam concerts across 10 states – his collection of Pearl Jam memorabilia will be available for viewing in our Bistro’s gallery for a limited time. Present Tense ESB’s intricate malt character and medium bitterness evenly flow into a smooth and extra clean finish. We sat down with Mike to hear more about his love for all things Pearl Jam and ESB:

When was your first PJ concert?

“My first one was in ‘98 in South Dakota. I was already in love with the music but didn’t realize how great the shows were. Eddie is unique and hilarious and talks about relevant stuff. Each show is completely different.”

You’re a member of the VIP fan club, yeah?

Oh yeah! The Ten Club, which was named after their first album, “Ten.” I’ve been a member since 2001.

These posters are incredible. I’ve loved looking at your collection- it gives you such a sense for the vibe of PJ and their artistic personality. Why did you start collecting them?

Each unique poster is from a concert I’ve been to. Looking at them takes me back to each show. I’m still trying to locate 1 more poster to complete my collection!

I first met you back in 2012, and ever since, whenever I think of ESB, I think of you (and this photo!). What is it about ESB that you love so much?

It’s not hoppy, it just does the trick. My world ended when they took it off tap. I stuck with Amber and Irish Red happily, but now ESB is back! I hope everyone will drink it and give it a shot. 

As your friend, I’ve heard lots of PJ concert stories. What’s one that you think our customers would love? 

In 2013, the base player, Jeff Ament, came to Boundary after we had just seen PJ in Chicago. He was randomly in the Beer Garden. I spotted him and was star-struck; everyone made me talk to him. He’s buddies with a Missoula friend and had hooked us up with VIP tix, so I got to thank him for that. It was great and terrifying, but they’re all so cool and have time to say hello. 

Mike’s poster collection will be on display in our Bistro through the end of February! And no better way to view the collection than with a Present Tense ESB in your hand! On tap now at Boundary Bay, or available in cans at your local store! 

🎶 “When the [ESB] in my tank, feels like money in the bank…"

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,742
    edited January 2023
    Never knew that about Jeff...is he first, second, or third?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    Ace of base
    ^ Nice!

Trizzler said:

Boundary Bay Brewery Beer Release:

Present Tense ESB

Hail, hail, it doesn’t get Eddie Vedder than this…

Present Tense is an ESB devoted to celebrating our coworker Mike and his Pearl Jam Poster Gallery. Over the years, Mike has been to over 35 Pearl Jam concerts across 10 states – his collection of Pearl Jam memorabilia will be available for viewing in our Bistro’s gallery for a limited time. Present Tense ESB’s intricate malt character and medium bitterness evenly flow into a smooth and extra clean finish. We sat down with Mike to hear more about his love for all things Pearl Jam and ESB:

When was your first PJ concert?

“My first one was in ‘98 in South Dakota. I was already in love with the music but didn’t realize how great the shows were. Eddie is unique and hilarious and talks about relevant stuff. Each show is completely different.”

You’re a member of the VIP fan club, yeah?

Oh yeah! The Ten Club, which was named after their first album, “Ten.” I’ve been a member since 2001.

These posters are incredible. I’ve loved looking at your collection- it gives you such a sense for the vibe of PJ and their artistic personality. Why did you start collecting them?

Each unique poster is from a concert I’ve been to. Looking at them takes me back to each show. I’m still trying to locate 1 more poster to complete my collection!

I first met you back in 2012, and ever since, whenever I think of ESB, I think of you (and this photo!). What is it about ESB that you love so much?

It’s not hoppy, it just does the trick. My world ended when they took it off tap. I stuck with Amber and Irish Red happily, but now ESB is back! I hope everyone will drink it and give it a shot. 

As your friend, I’ve heard lots of PJ concert stories. What’s one that you think our customers would love? 

In 2013, the base player, Jeff Ament, came to Boundary after we had just seen PJ in Chicago. He was randomly in the Beer Garden. I spotted him and was star-struck; everyone made me talk to him. He’s buddies with a Missoula friend and had hooked us up with VIP tix, so I got to thank him for that. It was great and terrifying, but they’re all so cool and have time to say hello. 

Mike’s poster collection will be on display in our Bistro through the end of February! And no better way to view the collection than with a Present Tense ESB in your hand! On tap now at Boundary Bay, or available in cans at your local store! 

🎶 “When the [ESB] in my tank, feels like money in the bank…"

Cool!  https://www.bbaybrewery.com/events/artwalk-pearl-jam

A Very Special Art Walk: Pearl Jam Poster Collection     

Friday, February 3, 2023    
    6:00 PM 9:00 PM 

PRESENT TENSE ESB

Few are as passionate about music, let alone one band, as Mike Schmidt. This passion inspired our newest beer release.

Present Tense is an ESB devoted to celebrating our coworker Mike and his Pearl Jam Poster Gallery. Over the years, Mike has been to over 35 Pearl Jam concerts across 10 states – his collection of Pearl Jam memorabilia will be available for viewing in our Bistro’s gallery for a limited time. Present Tense ESB’s intricate malt character and medium bitterness evenly flow into a smooth and extra clean finish. Hail hail, it doesn’t get Eddie Vedder than this.

Make sure you stop by the bistro to enjoy Present Tense ESB, and check out the poster collection!

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    Boundary Bay is awesome.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,743
    Local only or do they ship out of state?
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 885
    edited January 2023
    Still trying to get this beer! Not having much luck. Might have to pay them a visit! That could be fun!
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    Haven’t seen it yet in Seattle.
    Still trying to get this beer! Not having much luck. Might have to pay them a visit! That could be fun!

Oh yes! 
    Haven’t seen it yet in Seattle.

Hopefully you'll get it soon.
    Next Friday & Saturday.

Local only or do they ship out of state?
    Not sure yet.

bbaybrewery

The art currently gracing the walls of the brewery is something you’re not going to want to miss (especially if you’re a grunge fan!!).

We currently have a @pearljam poster gallery up in the bistro, each poster unique not only to the time period and tour but to each venue as well! All posters are from the collection of our coworker Mike, who attended his first Pearl Jam show back in 1998! The poster gallery pairs nicely with our Present Tense ESB, inspired by a song on the 1996 Pearl Jam album “No Code”.

You can enjoy the posters the next time you dine in our bistro, or see the whole collection during the @downtownbham First Friday Art Walk on February 3rd from 6-10 pm.

To learn more about the poster gallery and Mike's love of Pearl Jam, click the link in our bio!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenclubmembers/permalink/10160707972118713/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Hung up around 35 posters in the brewery I work at in Bellingham,Wa!!  Come check it out and get a beer!!

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    Dang… who cares about the beer. That Ten Club poster is the real star of the show. 🤩
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    Hope he has them bolted to the wall. Good that he's sharing them. I'm guessing a lot of the people there won't know they are valuable. 
    Boundary Bay Brewery posted earlier about their PJ Present Tense beer. Here are more shots of their poster collection. So cool! Beer is awesome too!

• Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889