Matt Cameron at the Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert

I didn’t see a thread about this, so figured I’d start one. Was wondering if Matt would be there for the Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert. Glad to see he can make it to the LA show now that PJ tour is over. I know Taylor was a BIG fan of Matt, so it’ll be great that he’s a part of this tribute.

So glad that I’ll be there for what will probably be an emotional, once-in-a-lifetime night. Anyone else going?
✌🏼❤️

Comments

• Not livestreamed :(

Still curious what Gene Simmons will play.

Read that Taylor Hawkins Chevy Metal was suppose to play this falls KISS Kruise.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    it won't be on youtube???
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• No. Not streaming live. I’ve heard that they’re recording the show for some sort of release later. 
    ✌🏼❤️
  • Well, would ya look at the lineup NOW!

Glad to see Kim Thayil on this list, as well as Taylor Momsen. Me thinks we’ll be getting a Soundgarden song or two. 🤘🏼🔥
    ✌🏼❤️
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Interesting mix.  Hope they do end up showing st some point.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Great to see Danny Carey there. The drum community is pretty tight-have seen a couple of pictures of Danny and Taylor. I'm sure as one of the best drummers on the planet Taylor (and Dave for that matter) would have been all over Tool.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    Alain Johannes!
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Might sound like a dumb question, but was Taylor a Nirvana fan? You've got Dave and Krist Noveselic there, and I loved that they used so many women vocalists for Nirvana songs - was it for the Rock Hall of Fame induction I think?  Just seems like a possibility if Taylor was a big fan of that Nirvana drummer guy - what was his name again? <3
  • ymalkielymalkiel Posts: 129
    edited September 2022
    Taylor’s son, Shane, is a BIG fan of Nirvana. 
    ✌🏼❤️
    Well there ya go then, pretty sure we might just get a Nirvana song or 2... If ever there's another kind of event Krist and Dave would play Nirvana songs at, this is it :rock_on:
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Krist also played bass on I Should Have Known on the Wasting Light album, so that could be played.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    if you noticed,  London was a celebration of many artists who passed on,  not just Taylor.. would expect the same here in LA.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    if you noticed,  London was a celebration of many artists who passed on,  not just Taylor.. would expect the same here in LA.
    I didn't catch that, who else was celebrated and how were they called out?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    JH6056 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    music choices and the remaining band members who participated. Freddy Mercury, Bowie, could say George Harrison and Lennon.  Jeff Buckley. Amy Winehouse.

That was just the few I saw.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited September 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    JH6056 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    music choices and the remaining band members who participated. Freddy Mercury, Bowie, could say George Harrison and Lennon.  Jeff Buckley. Amy Winehouse.

That was just the few I saw.

Either way one sees it, it's an amazing collection of performances and there's so much emotion throughout the whole thing. I'm sure we all agree it was just a heartlifting/heartbreaking celebration of an incredible human's life and hopefully  Taylor enjoyed it immensely from wherever he watched it from. I watched the entire thing, twice! =)

That said, I don't think of it as "a celebration of many artists who passed on" any more than it was also a celebration of those still alive.  It was a celebration of artists and songs that Taylor Hawkins loved, some of whom are still alive, and some of whom passed on. And Taylor adoring the artist/band was really the only unifying theme re: who was invited to play & what songs were played. I'm sure most people organizing it also loved most/all of the artists who performed, but to me it didn't highlight those who passed on beyond honoring that fact that they, too, were artists Hawkins loved.  The Bowie songs weren't about Bowie and nothing in particular was said about Bowie other than the links of the artists onstage to Bowie (like Omar Hakim and Nile Rogers), but probably everyone there is a giant Bowie fan.  Same with all the others you list. Only Queen seemed to get more of a Queen moment when Brian May went out alone to the end of the long stage and sang that one song and the whole stadium sang along with their lights. That felt as much about honoring Queen as Taylor to me, but that was the only song that felt that way to me. 

Totally understand and embrace that everything may have felt different to others.

It was great to see the breadth of both artists that Taylor Hawkins loved, and of artists who loved Taylor Hawkins <3 
    Post edited by JH6056 on
    more Them Crooked Vultures! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    YES
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • That is one hell of a lineup. Almost all of Def Leppard is there, Alanis his old bandmate, drummers galore.  Seeing Stuart Copeland is pretty damn cool too.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    seeing Taylor and his Boys play the 1st show @ the Garden since covid last June 2021 watching him do " Somebody to Love"....still cant believe he's gone. He had IT, he was a beam of light. Feel for his family.....hope this show helps with the healing
  • ymalkielymalkiel Posts: 129
    edited September 2022
    I’ve got an extra ticket that became available last minute. Pm me if interested. Section 206, Row 9, $122. Venmo for payment and then I can transfer the ticket. 

UPDATE: Ticket has been SOLD.
    Post edited by ymalkiel on
    ✌🏼❤️
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 544
    Hopefully this time they actually play TCV songs.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
    ZoSoTim said:
    well out of the 3 they played 1. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 544
    ZoSoTim said:
    They played the same 3 songs from the London show. So disappointing. I am now over my desire for another TCV album and/or tour.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    They played the same 3 songs from the London show. So disappointing. I am now over my desire for another TCV album and/or tour.
    that really is. I figured they played Yellow Brick Road in London since the Elton connection. Didn't think they'd bust it out in LA. 

But that doesn't change my opinion on the band. I think another album, while highly unlikely given JPJ's age, would be killer. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JT167846JT167846 Posts: 779
    edited September 2022
    From Geddy's introduction it seems like he and Alex asked Danny to play YYZ with them as much as Dave. Am sure with Taylor being such a drum nerd he'd have loved it, but maybe a hint of Rush's respect for Danny and maybe them thinking Danny was the heir apparent to carry the torch? Mind you given he's 60 and Tool would have one album at most left in them that'd be like a 73 year old being given the throne (sorry Chuck).

Another awesome night. Hope we get to see a pro shot for this one too. Loved Taylor Momsen with the other Seattle guys-she obviously has direct empathy with them having opened for SG on their fateful tour. Def Leppard sounded cool-Low was great with Matt.  Jeepers Miley Cyrus has some talent too. Shame TCV only did one original. Hope they record more but Queens have an announcement pending so looks like it won't happen.
    Post edited by JT167846 on
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018