GNR - USE YOUR ILLUSION Deluxe Release

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
edited September 2022 in Other Music
Super Deluxe:

Music – Guns N' Roses Official Store (gnrmerch.com)

Releases November.

WHERE IS THE RIOT ACT SUPER DELUXE PEARL JAAAAAAAAM?!
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited September 2022
    And hopefully Neil releases the Dublin 1995 show on UHD. When Guns is doing it with their 1992 35mm shot concert.

EDIT: No. They will release it on a regular BD
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Apparently they inserted a 50 piece orchestra into November rain. That could be cool 
  • Apparently they inserted a 50 piece orchestra into November rain. That could be cool 
    UYI I now features “November Rain” with a real 50-piece orchestra for the first-time ever – Newly recorded, conducted & arranged by Grammy® Award winner & Emmy Award nominated composer Christopher Lennertz.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Classic album! I remember when they played Riverport and Axl jumped into the crowd cos’ a guy was filming the show or taking photos. Riot ensues and my friend ended up bringing a seat back from the show. It was all the talk in high school the next day and that weekend I bought the cassette. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Oh, then Axl started wearing a St.Louis sucks t-shirt. Cool asshole move. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • With their live stuff it's a shame that One in a Million will never be heard live from the older stuff.  The lyrics are bad but the music in that song is amazing.

So looking at the super deluxe, why would I spend $500 for that?  Anyone?
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    i got both of these on cassette from a secret santa in middle school....most badass gift, while other kids got goofy sweaters & shit

I was in all my glory, wore out those cassettes
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    just ordered the 4 colored LPS
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    have the reissues of Appetite,  and UYI 1 and 2 already.

also have a media mint og cover (cover is hole punched) version of Appetite
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • I see that original cover all the time around here. But maybe those are bootlegs.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    I see that original cover all the time around here. But maybe those are bootlegs.

here there was a big enough outcry of the image to recall those copies and start issuing with the Cross logo.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    All I really want is the live vinyl and the bluray (an HD concert from the 90s is always a rare treasure).   $500usd is a steep price to pay.   I'll probably hold off unless they go on sale somewhere at some point.
  • mickeyrat said:
    I see that original cover all the time around here. But maybe those are bootlegs.

here there was a big enough outcry of the image to recall those copies and start issuing with the Cross logo.
    That cover was everywhere though, shirts, albums.  I remember seeing it a lot as a teen.

Just looked on ebay and wow.  $500 doe these now?!?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    With their live stuff it's a shame that One in a Million will never be heard live from the older stuff.  The lyrics are bad but the music in that song is amazing.

easy pass on this one. MAYBE (still doubt it) if it contained unreleased songs or demos, but just live stuff? nah
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I find it fucking hilarious that November Rain is an incredibly expensive music video and they went so far as to get Michael Kamen and an orchestra to record FOR the video, but just use synths on the album, and not recording said orchestra to beef up the song. 
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Too bad the live albums are not for sale. I’d buy them.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Apparently they inserted a 50 piece orchestra into November rain. That could be cool 
    I find it fucking hilarious that November Rain is an incredibly expensive music video and they went so far as to get Michael Kamen and an orchestra to record FOR the video, but just use synths on the album, and not recording said orchestra to beef up the song. 

I have a friend who played viola in that orchestra in the video.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    With their live stuff it's a shame that One in a Million will never be heard live from the older stuff.  The lyrics are bad but the music in that song is amazing.

easy pass on this one. MAYBE (still doubt it) if it contained unreleased songs or demo's, but just live stuff? nah
    I'm with you on a degree of disappointment with the lack of outtakes and demos. I'm on the fence only because the shows look like they're complete shows (Live Era is a fantastic company but bootlegs have made me desirous of full performances).
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    Love these two albums, went ahead and pulled the trigger on the colored ones. Going to give the ones I have now to a buddy.. Looking forward to how these sound.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Where's all the demos? Slash wrote in his book that they were awesome until Axl went mad on them. No videos or albums on the blurry, doesn't match with the appetite set at all.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    $779.00 here in Australia. Woah! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • I just want a 2CD album with I and II. Nothing more.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
    petted101 said:
    Where's all the demos? Slash wrote in his book that they were awesome until Axl went mad on them. No videos or albums on the blurry, doesn't match with the appetite set at all.
    it makes sense Axl will never release any demos, now that I think about it. He's too much of a perfectionist. He doesn't want anyone to hear anything under/not produced/finished. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• weren't there demos on the last set?

• Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    Apparently they inserted a 50 piece orchestra into November rain. That could be cool 
    Cant wait to hear that
    Kearnsy
  • ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 544
    Grabbed the two color vinyl sets. Couldn't justify the super deluxe box. Hope they issue the live shows as standalone releases someday. Maybe a RSD special.

Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
    weren't there demos on the last set?

really? then I stand corrected
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• petted101petted101 Posts: 188
    edited September 2022
    weren't there demos on the last set?

really? then I stand corrected
    That's the difference. The Appitite set had two CDs of demos plus the EPs and b-sides and the Album again on Bluray. This is just a few live shows.
    Post edited by petted101 on
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Would like to own these albums, but don't want them enough to justify paying that much.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Heard a live cut on Spotify this morning. Sounded badass! No wonder Axl struggles though, dude shredded the fuck out of his vocal cords singing like that. 
    www.cluthelee.com