*** Pearl Jam Oklahoma City, OK Fanviews 9/20/22 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited September 2022 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam
Paycom Center
Oklahoma City, OK
North American Tour 2022
09/20/22
Show
Set List

Boom Gaspar and Jeff Ament separately played with Josh K during the opening set

PEARL JAM
walk on music Cat Power-The Greatest at 9:03
Band Onstage 9:04
Band Offstage 11:15

01. Garden
02. Alright
03. Sleight Of Hand
04. Hard To Imagine
05. Hail Hail
06. Given To Fly
{Ed takes a sign out of the audience that says  “Given To Fly”. The F in fly is shaped like the double Fs in the Foo Fighters logo and there is a drawing of hawk under the wording. He makes some comments about Taylor. He also takes a mask a fan made with a photo of Ed’s face. Ed thinks the mask is really awful.}
07. Superblood Wolfmoon
{Ed apologizes for how being so angry with Oklahoma City getting the Seattle Supersonics and hopes that they can be forgiven. He says he is glad The Sonics went to a great city and terrific people running the team.}
08. Even Flow
09. Dance Of The Clairvoyants
10. Daughter/Another Brick In The Wall part 2-(Waters) 45 seconds long
11. Quick Escape
12. Amongst The Waves
{Next song is a request. Addiction can happen to anyone, be a friend or ask a friend for help}
13. Habit
14. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town (to back of arena)
15. Mind Your Manners
16. Corduroy

Encore Break

{Thomas Young’s younger brother Nathan is at the show. Ed dedicates the next song to him.)
17. Go
18. Alone
19. Do The Evolution
20. Porch
21. Alive
22. Indifference
{Ed heard about the truck full of sex toys that tipped over and has a theory on why there was a tractor trailer full of dildos and vibrators. Woman’s rights to abortion are being taken away so they are sticking to the alternative. He encourages voting for women’s rights and freedoms.}
23. Rockin’ In The Free World-Young

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.

Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• Epic night! Thank you for a great 2022! 
  • 666erm666erm Posts: 243
    edited September 2022
    Took me 31 shows to finally get Sleight of Hand! Got to scratch off Alright as well. Loved the energy and setlist.

Also, why aren’t more people talking about what a great city OKC is! Loved my time here; definitely want to return for future concerts of other bands I like.
    Post edited by 666erm on
    04/11/03 West Palm Beach
    06/11/08 West Palm Beach
    09/03/11 East Troy
    09/04/11 East Troy
    09/02/12 Philadelphia
    09/21/12 Pensacola Beach
    07/19/13 Chicago
    06/16/14 Amsterdam
    06/17/14 Amsterdam
    10/09/14 Lincoln
    10/14/14 Memphis
    11/25/15 Bogota
    04/08/16 Fort Lauderdale
    04/09/16 Miami
    04/11/16 Tampa
    04/13/16 Jacksonville
    04/16/16 Greenville
    05/05/16 Quebec City
    08/05/16 Boston
    08/07/16 Boston
    07/01/18 Prague
    07/03/18 Krakow
    07/10/18 Barcelona
    07/14/18 Lisbon
    08/08/18 Seattle
    08/10/18 Seattle
    09/18/21 Asbury Park
    10/01/21 Dana Point
    10/02/21 Dana Point
    09/16/22 Nashville
    09/20/22 Oklahoma City
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    A lot of energy. First time hearing Habit. Great time!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    Hell of a way to wrap up the 21/22 Gigaton run. 4 new songs even in show 14. Incredible. Great energy.

Just one dbag in GA who felt the need to cruise up front 2nd song. Gave him a good old fashioned hip check and a fuck you on the way by.

If you aren't in your spot when the lights go down don't expect to cruise upfront without a bruising. 

• nlowrancenlowrance Dallas, TX Posts: 20
    Fantastic evening. First time in pit. 
    Dallas, Texas (June 09, 2003) | New York, New York (June 24, 2008) | Austin, Texas (October 04, 2009) | New York, New York (May 20, 2010) | Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013) | Oklahoma City, OK (November 16, 2013) | Oklahoma City (September 20, 2022)
  • These set lists are golden this  tour
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I'm so glad to see Habit... Maybe blood still has a chance 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Habit is back!!! 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    Fantastic to see Habit on the set......love that track
  • Great show last night. When this leg started I was hoping to hear Dissident, Footsteps and Sleight of Hand. Last night fulfilled the last one after getting the other 2 during previous shows. Had fun walking back to the hotel and hearing a lot of people complaining that they didn’t play Black or Jeremy. Then one of the bicycle cabs went by playing Black. So I guess they did get Black after all. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Great set!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Seems like they finally figured out how to do the shorter sets properly. This leg of the tour is easily the best of the gigaton shows. 
    pdalowsky said:
    Fantastic to see Habit on the set......love that track
    yep...hoping a video pops up

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    mcgruff10 said:
    Great set!!
      FROM THE MOMENT U SAY THAT,MEANS THE SHOW WAS ONE OF  THE BEST OF THE LAST DECADE!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    edited September 2022
    So the one dot next to songs on the setlist must be 1/2 step down...the two dots by Habit mean a whole step down (hence the "WHOLE" written next to it)

Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    nicknyr15 said:
    Seems like they finally figured out how to do the shorter sets properly. This leg of the tour is easily the best of the gigaton shows. 
    👏🏻👏🏻💯
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    Great set!!
      FROM THE MOMENT U SAY THAT,MEANS THE SHOW WAS ONE OF  THE BEST OF THE LAST DECADE!
    Ha ha. Let’s not get crazy here.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 492

Just one dbag in GA who felt the need to cruise up front 2nd song. Gave him a good old fashioned hip check and a fuck you on the way by.

If you aren't in your spot when the lights go down don't expect to cruise upfront without a bruising. 

and THIS is why I don't think I'll go to any more pearl jam shows in the near future. Entitled assholes like this. hip check and a fuck you to people who move up front? how much of a douche can you be?
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94

and THIS is why I don't think I'll go to any more pearl jam shows in the near future. Entitled assholes like this. hip check and a fuck you to people who move up front? how much of a douche can you be?
    You won't go to shows because that guy might hip check you?

How fragile are you?

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638

Anyone who pushes up front after arriving late is lucky all they get is a hip check honestly. 
  • Show #19 for me and definitely one I will remember.  Highlights included seated Garden to open, Sleight of Hand (first time live for me!), Hard to Imagine, and Alone (2nd time for me, blown away by how tight they were given how rarely they play it.  I was dead center in the pit about 15 feet from the stage -- closest I've been in years.  Eddie seemed to be having a great time and the energy was high throughout the night.  Was also pleasantly surprised by Habit -- last time I heard it they struggled through it (both on guitar and vocals); this time sounded much better.  RITFW also seemed to have a bit of extra energy last night.  

Yeah, there were a few folks who blatantly bum-rushed the stage after the music started, but overall the folks around me were friendly and engaged.  Off to Denver tonight!  

• So the one dot next to songs on the setlist must be 1/2 step down...the two dots by Habit mean a whole step down (hence the "WHOLE" written next to it)

What does it mean to be a half or whole step down? 
    jmspazola said:
    So the one dot next to songs on the setlist must be 1/2 step down...the two dots by Habit mean a whole step down (hence the "WHOLE" written next to it)

The guitars are tuned down from normal tuning either 1/2 or one step....makes vocals easier to hit.

All bands do it to some degree

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    jmspazola said:

The guitars are tuned down from normal tuning either 1/2 or one step....makes vocals easier to hit.

All bands do it to some degree
    Apparently Paul McCartney is one of the few to not tune down over time. Who knew!

Ed’s voice is naturally in a lower register anyway so I think it makes sense to pull some of those high vocals back down. Although interesting that Quick Escape, a new song, already needs tune down.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • nicknyr15 said:

Anyone who pushes up front after arriving late is lucky all they get is a hip check honestly. 
    I’m not sure everyone who arrives at 8pm for a show that starts at 9pm know that some in the first few rows of GA have been waiting in line for 12 hours or camp for 36 hours. Still no excuse to push yourself up front; if there’s no room for a body to pass, you stay in the back. Just saying that at most non PJ GA show, most of the GA crowd somehow moves up front within the minutes prior to or after the start, which may be less offensive if those in the front row only arrived one hour earlier rather than 24. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

nicknyr15 said:

I’m not sure everyone who arrives at 8pm for a show that starts at 9pm know that some in the first few rows of GA have been waiting in line for 12 hours or camp for 36 hours. Still no excuse to push yourself up front; if there’s no room for a body to pass, you stay in the back. Just saying that at most non PJ GA show, most of the GA crowd somehow moves up front within the minutes prior to or after the start, which may be less offensive if those in the front row only arrived one hour earlier rather than 24. 
    or maybe they were up there and you just didn't see them leave....or they took a different route to leave

point being we might never know for sure where these people originated and it's GA so it's a free for all

• Went into this just appreciating that I was getting to see these dudes again after nearly a decade since my last show.  No hopes for certain songs, just appreciating that I was going to get to hear them play 20-something songs at all was enough for me, didn’t care if I got a bunch of standards. Wondering a little if they were going to seem like a band showing their age, wondering if Ed’s voice was still Ed’s voice, wondering what they might have in the tank for their 4th show in 5 nights, in what might considered a less exciting stop, next to last show on the tour, near the finish line of a bumpy year. What would they throw down at OKC??!
    it was nothing short of incredible.  It’s not about what’s on the set list.  It’s about giving you 24ish songs with everything they got.  They attacked every single song with the intensity and energy they deserve.  They are still in top form, Ed sounded GREAT.  They were genuinely happy to be there playing hard.  I’m so appreciative that they treat us southern crowds the same they would anywhere else.  

Habit was dirty and mean
    Was so incredibly stoked to get sleight of hand
    Also shocked and so happy to get Amongst the Waves, a really special song in my family
    Do the Evolution to Porch is one of their best 1-2 punches.  Explosive.  
    Can’t say enough about this show.  Seen them in a lot of cool places, this might have been the best show of them all.

• DB285840 said:
    Show #19 for me and definitely one I will remember.  Highlights included seated Garden to open, Sleight of Hand (first time live for me!), Hard to Imagine, and Alone (2nd time for me, blown away by how tight they were given how rarely they play it.  I was dead center in the pit about 15 feet from the stage -- closest I've been in years.  Eddie seemed to be having a great time and the energy was high throughout the night.  Was also pleasantly surprised by Habit -- last time I heard it they struggled through it (both on guitar and vocals); this time sounded much better.  RITFW also seemed to have a bit of extra energy last night.  

Yeah, there were a few folks who blatantly bum-rushed the stage after the music started, but overall the folks around me were friendly and engaged.  Off to Denver tonight!  

Nice shot. Please share some more 
  • TP128347TP128347 Posts: 67
    edited September 2022

Hey you guys near the back of GA in front of Mike - I was in the electric wheelchair telescoped (raised) up to see at normal viewing height - THANKS for blocking ppl from walking/standing or getting in my viewing lane.  Even the ppl for 10' in front of my date and I were making sure we could see clearly.  THANK YOU.

GA was more crowded last night than OKC `13 & Tulsa `14.  

WOW!  The outside merch line before the show!  You all a crazy.  That said, I came away with nothing  ☹  (I was hoping for OKC t-shirt / button.  Looking in Lost Dogs later.)  I went to a funeral at 1:00 (Thank you Tom for 27 years in AF serving in Korea and Vietnam.  RIP), then drove by arena at 2:30.  The line was W-A-Y long.  Oh well …

At my other two GA shows I was in front of Stone.  Last night was super cool to see Mike blister his guitar and groove with Jeff.

I had/have an unrealistic fantasy of getting that band to play Long Road -> Walk With Me -> Off He Goes or Around The Bend to open the show.  Garden was plenty fine to open.  Especially, since it hasn’t happened since 1992.  More fantasy songs:  I would have loved to see Rain (Beatles) or Black Diamond (Kiss) or _______.

The encore was rabid.  Go.  Alone.  I was praying for Blood to be next, but DTE had me rockin'.  Somewhere during Porch or Alive I just became lost in Mike’s playing.  Just beautiful, ferocious, driving.   A couple songs early he played a sunburst Les Paul.  Not sure if it is used much.  I would have loved to see him play the Gretsch Chet Atkins or a White Falcon.

I talked to four PJ virgins yesterday.  Coincidently, all women.  My date, a local lady and two ladies at Social Connection (this place was probably 85% capacity at 2:45 – good job at showing up Jammers).

Great show.  Great crowd.  Not too many hits. I hope it is not eight years again till the next OKC show.  Oh, btw, nearly sold out arena from my perspective.

Thanks to the band, organization and staff at the arena.  You all made a wonderful evening.

"Live Music is better.  Bumper stickers should be issued."  :)

Post edited by TP128347 on
    Nacogdoches `93 Dallas`98 BSB `01 OKC `03 Houston `03 Vic `07 OKC `13 Tulsa `14  EV Tulsa 1 `12
    Went into this just appreciating that I was getting to see these dudes again after nearly a decade since my last show.  No hopes for certain songs, just appreciating that I was going to get to hear them play 20-something songs at all was enough for me, didn’t care if I got a bunch of standards. Wondering a little if they were going to seem like a band showing their age, wondering if Ed’s voice was still Ed’s voice, wondering what they might have in the tank for their 4th show in 5 nights, in what might considered a less exciting stop, next to last show on the tour, near the finish line of a bumpy year. What would they throw down at OKC??!
    it was nothing short of incredible.  It’s not about what’s on the set list.  It’s about giving you 24ish songs with everything they got.  They attacked every single song with the intensity and energy they deserve.  They are still in top form, Ed sounded GREAT.  They were genuinely happy to be there playing hard.  I’m so appreciative that they treat us southern crowds the same they would anywhere else.  

Habit was dirty and mean
    Was so incredibly stoked to get sleight of hand
    Also shocked and so happy to get Amongst the Waves, a really special song in my family
    Do the Evolution to Porch is one of their best 1-2 punches.  Explosive.  
    Can’t say enough about this show.  Seen them in a lot of cool places, this might have been the best show of them all.

Every show is better than the last....that's been my experience.

I can't get over how great they have sounded.