I’m still ALIVE! Brain surgery 1 yr ago, went to Denver show 12 days later, now in SP! Song Request!

AndarchyAndarchy Posts: 76
edited September 2023 in The Porch

My original post is below, but tonight I’m in St Paul! Play it for me here, plz!!!

My name is Andy and I’m doing my PhD and teach at CU Boulder. I'm a huge fan and have been to shows all over the world. I bought my tickets for my hometown (Denver) show 3 ½ years ago.

13 days before the upcoming concert, I felt like shit and went to the ER where they told me I had a brain bleed and needed emergency surgery. It saved my life and luckily, my doctor cleared me to go to the show! The first question I asked was if I could see PJ.

Eddie & the boys, can you dedicate Alive to me?

Post edited by Andarchy on

Comments

• Wow! Glad you made it and you're able to go to the show! Have a blast.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Man you were lucky! Have an awesome show :)
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Glad you are still above ground to enjoy this, awesome!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • So glad you’re better Andy!! LA was so much fun a few months ago. 

I hope they dedicate Alive to you man, you deserve it. 
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,336
    Wow, congratulations to you, your loved ones, and friends. Keep on rockin' 
    Enjoy the show
  • BF89905 said:
    Wow, congratulations to you, your loved ones, and friends. Keep on rockin' 
    Enjoy the show
    Thanks, friend!
  • Wow! Glad you made it and you're able to go to the show! Have a blast.
    It’s gonna be f’n awesome! Thank you!
  • Glad you are still above ground to enjoy this, awesome!
    I am fucking alive! Thanks buddy!
  • AndarchyAndarchy Posts: 76
    edited September 2022
    So glad you’re better Andy!! LA was so much fun a few months ago. 

Thanks Saurav, the LA show was the shit. Only thing better than making a new friend off this message board and going to a show with them later that night, is getting Alive dedicated to me at this show!  Fingers crossed bro 🤞🏾
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,291
    Good for you, have fun in Denver
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• That doc made the right call!  Have a kick ass time!!
    Lollapalooza @ Great Woods 8-8-92~~CU Field House 11-26-93~~Red Rocks 6-20-95~~Randall's Island 9-28-96~~Randall's Island 9-29-96~~Columbia, Maryland 9-24-96~~EV solo Hartford, CT 6-18-11~~EV solo Albuquerque, NM 11-6-12~~ Denver 10-22-2014~~Fenway II 8-7-2016
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    Excellent news on your recovery. Have a great time in Denver. I hope you get your dedication. 
  • foriginalsinforiginalsin Posts: 693
    edited September 2022
    Andarchy said:
    So glad you’re better Andy!! LA was so much fun a few months ago. 

Thanks Saurav, the LA show was the shit. Only thing better than making a new friend off this message board and going to a show with them later that night, is getting Alive dedicated to me at this show!  Fingers crossed bro 🤞🏾
    Fingers crossed.  
    Post edited by foriginalsin on
  • Awesome story. Dedicate Alive to this man! Glad your surgery was successful. I’ll be at this show… Be awesome to give a loud cheer when Ed gives you the shout out. 

A neurosurgeon saved a young man’s life in 1991 who fell out of a truck. That young man was 15 year old me, about a six weeks after I first heard the song Alive and became an instant PJ fan. That song had a very different meaning to me after that event as I’m sure it does for you. 

Rock on bud! 

• AndarchyAndarchy Posts: 76
    edited September 2022
    Awesome story. Dedicate Alive to this man! Glad your surgery was successful. I’ll be at this show… Be awesome to give a loud cheer when Ed gives you the shout out. 

A neurosurgeon saved a young man’s life in 1991 who fell out of a truck. That young man was 15 year old me, about a six weeks after I first heard the song Alive and became an instant PJ fan. That song had a very different meaning to me after that event as I’m sure it does for you. 

Rock on bud! 

We will rock out together, my new craniotomy/ten club friend. Thanks for sharing your story with me and the board! 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I hope they overlook the misuse of the word “selfie,” as someone else was clearly taking that picture, and dedicate Alive to you anyway.
  • Andarchy said:
    Awesome story. Dedicate Alive to this man! Glad your surgery was successful. I’ll be at this show… Be awesome to give a loud cheer when Ed gives you the shout out. 

Rock on bud! 

We will rock out together, my new craniotomy/ten club friend. Thanks for sharing your story with me and the board! 
    😂 Craniotomy friend. Love it. Will you be in the GA? 
  • mace1229 said:
    I hope they overlook the misuse of the word “selfie,” as someone else was clearly taking that picture, and dedicate Alive to you anyway.
    Lol I had a pool of blood in my brain when I wrote that. Thanks for the love!
  • Andarchy said:

Rock on bud! 

😂 Craniotomy friend. Love it. Will you be in the GA? 
    I’m in 102, doc says I need to sit for most of the show. But, def down to meet up before or after the show.
  • GlowGirl said:
    Excellent news on your recovery. Have a great time in Denver. I hope you get your dedication. 
    Thanks for the love & support!!!
  • It's things like this that  make every  moment at a pearl jam show emotional.  Have a great experience  take it all in like never before
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • It's things like this that  make every  moment at a pearl jam show emotional.  Have a great experience  take it all in like never before
    I will most definitely experience this show diff than all the others. Fourth of the tour, had to miss Budapest and Krakow for work reasons. But this one will be extra special. Thank you for the support!
  • JPPJ84 said:
    Man you were lucky! Have an awesome show :)
    It’ll be the best show ever, thanks!
  • Have a blast!!  Excited for you! 
  • I just want to thank everyone again, for all the support, we are all still alive!!!
  • Love the support you are getting, Andy.  And importantly, that you are STILL ALIVE!  Can't wait to see you again at the show.  Let's keep this thread going and get this song dedicated to this survivor!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,444
    Don't blow out the staples when it happens! Safe travels and good luck!
  • bigbiggzy said:
    Have a blast!!  Excited for you! 
    Thanks!!!
  • Glad your feeling better,  this will definitely be the best PJ concert of your life. 
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    Fuck yes. Have a blast