Speaker Help

GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,813
I have a support call into Audioengine, but they won't be calling me back until tomorrow. I thought maybe one of you experts could help me. I have the Audioengine A5+ wireless speakers hooked up to my turntable. Today out of nowhere this really loud static noise startedcoming out of the speaker that the turntable is plugged into. I unplugged the turntable and the inputs from the other speaker. It is still massive static. The only thing that stops it is to unplug the power chord. Any advice or tricks I should try? Thanks.

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Oof. No idea what that could be.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,813
    Yeah. I got an email from Audioengine asking me to unplug all the inputs and then take the speaker into another room and plug it in there. Same static. They told me I am still under warranty so that is good. They are calling me today. 

• Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited August 2022
    Did you unplug and or reset the speakers?

I’ve had issues before with wireless powered speakers.  I got so frustrated I unplugged it overnight. Next morning it set up fine 

Did you eliminate the possible upstream issues before the speakers? 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,813
    Did you unplug and or reset the speakers?

I’ve had issues before with wireless powered speakers.  I got so frustrated I unplugged it overnight. Next morning it set up fine 

Did you eliminate the possible upstream issues before the speakers? 
    I have not unplugged it overnight. Today, when the tech support guy called me they were working fine (of course). A few hours later the static started again. Then it was going in and out. It is back again now. I am not sure how to reset the speakers. In any case, they are under warranty until November 2023. I contacted Audioengine again, and they sent me instructions on how to send them in and they will either repair or replace them. I will unplug them now and keep them unplugged until tomorrow to see if that helps. Thanks.