New "Quick Escape" Music Video + Sirius XM Apollo Show

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited July 2022 in The Porch
New "Quick Escape" Music Video + Sirius XM Apollo Show

News July 14 2022

In celebration of the release of Gigaton Live (Tour Edition), Pearl Jam has released a new music video for the Gigaton track “Quick Escape”, directed by Samuel Bayer. 

https://youtu.be/w6My2WWBTeM

Gigaton Live (Tour Edition) is now available on all digital streaming platforms. The LP/CD set- featuring the original vinyl version of Gigaton, packaged with the Live CD- is available for purchase at your favorite local record shop.  In celebration of the music from Gigaton, Pearl Jam will be playing their rescheduled show at the iconic Apollo Theater in New York City on Saturday, September 10th as a part of Sirius XM’s Small Stage Series. The concert will be aired live nationwide on Pearl Jam Radio. Learn more about the show here.

Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    neat concept for the video. Was hoping for another McFarlane DTE style/theme video in my mind's eye to the concept of this song
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    Hell yeah!!!
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    Video not available in Canada.  ? 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Cool video!

....and....Apollo Show!! Contest entered ::fingers crossed:: 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2022
    I do not condone Pearl Jam or anyone associated with Pearl Jam, working with the dude who completely trashed the A Nightmare on Elm Street remake and aided in recasting Robert Englunds Freddy. 

Compare this CGI shit:

To this classy iconic greatness:

Heart wrenching that Pearl Jam doesn't stand up for Robert Englund and the Elm Street franchise. Stand up for something, or you'll fall through anything.

But at the same time Bayer did make the Smells like Teen Spirit, Coma White and Untill it Sleeps music videos which i adored when MTV was a thing.

But why release another video for the studio cut, and not not release a video for the live version... when you celebrate the release of Gigaton (tour edition) and with the live editions being the whole point of the release you are "celebrating"? What am I missing here...
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Major 2001: A Space Odyssey vibes at the end. 
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    edited July 2022
    some 2001 jupiter and beyond the infinite inspired work at the end there

woah

dude i am so high right now

i feel like i'm floating on a pillow of winds

Post edited by AndySlash on
    Please fix this. 
    Thanks!

Wish the online video game was still available. http://quickescape.pearljam.com/

Just did a cool music vid for @pearljam called Quick Escape. @eddievedder giving a shout out to my son in front of 65,000 people at Hyde Park was cool to see.

#pearljam #quickescape #hydepark #samuelbayer @crsh4csh #eddievedder #musicvideo #fastcars #corvette #astronaut #kubrick #space #liveshow #grunge #90s #90smusic #davidbowie #musicvideodirector

• helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited August 2022
    i've bought hash in morocco and smoked it all over the souks in marrakech
    it was an out of this world experience and for sure the quick escape
    omg i love this song.