Ziggo Dome Horror Story

ZIGGO DOME HORROR STORY 

It took me few days to write this post.
I had to process what happened. I had to put myself back together to be able to tell this and to tell it as it should be told: with clarity. Because it is a very important matter. 

When the first Amsterdam concert got canceled, though worried and sad for Eddie’s conditions, we kept on believing that the second date was going to happen according to schedule. So - let aside some general tension and the usual smart asses trying to dodge the queue - we decided to maintain the same order of the line that we established on date number 1.
Well aware that this second date wasn’t going to be managed by the Ten Club, we promptly contacted the security working for the Ziggo Dome to make sure that everything would work well, for us as well as for them. Since Boothy was there, we hoped that everything was going to be just fine, we got also reassured by the agreements we had in place with the people from Ziggo Dome to manage the line. Everything was actually fine until half an hour before the opening of the venue. 
The security staff had us stand in line of 25, based on the order of our arrival. They even explained to us that they were going to open one door at a time to let us in in a fair manner. 
But no. Few minutes before the due time CHAOS just begun.
Suddenly we’re told that they changed their minds and decided to open all the doors AT THE SAME TIME. All of them, those with us standing in line of 25 people, others with line formed by 100 people and also the lines with people who arrived just few hours before. 
We were shocked, so we asked to speak to the head of the security of the Ten Club, Boothy. We were answered that the decision to open all the doors at the same time came directly from him. In person. 
I can only speak for myself, but I attended tons of Pearl Jam concerts. In my experience, so far, any event managed by the Ten Club has been almost always perfect in terms of organization and respect of the fan base. So I personally do not believe for a minute that all this has been Boothy’s fault. 
Anyway. 
All the doors opened SIMULTANEOUSLY. If this story sounded bad so far, wait for what’s coming. It will seem to you like a horror movie just as it seemed to us. 
Tickets were scanned; we got to the body search part and… 
SOMETHING HAPPENED. A man, who by that time appeared to us like the Head of security for Ziggo Dome, went inexplicably crazy, started shouting at us, and violently pushed us outside. Tired and frustrated of waiting in line, in the streets, for three straight days (some of us had experienced  already THREE cancelations) we reacted and shouted back. So violence increased: a friend of mine got shoveled around; another one’s ticket got canceled and this friend of mine was told he couldn’t enter the venue; another friend got pushed and hit even harder. And as for me, a petite girl who weighs scarce 110 pounds, someone lifted me up by the t-shirt (that I was given for present by Mike McCready, if it ended ripped I promise I wouldn’t be here writing this) and shoved me with violence on the door and then outside the entrance of the Ziggo Dome. 
I’m shocked by the violence they used against me and many other people around me, a violence I had never witnessed in years and years of attending concerts. They treated us as if we were the worst terrorists in this world. 
Eventually we passed this “security control” area and we finally entered the pit. We had 200 people in front of us, but what kept troubling us the most was that we couldn’t understand the reason of all this. Why? 
I wanted to share this story not only because thanks to these individuals we got late to a concert for which we standed in line for three straight days, but mostly because we were ABUSED and ATTACKED in a violent way. And the latter must not go unseen. 
It is unacceptable that people get treated this way by those who are supposed to make sure that everything happens safely. They call themselves “the security” for this purpose. 
It is unacceptable that a tiny girl like me ends up lifted up, shoved against a door and then outside. I got injured. But I’m lucky because easily I could have ended up severely injured. 
This is unacceptable. 
The band we love has always fought for people’s rights; especially women’s rights, they have always been against any kind of violence. Our band has always payed attention that every concert they play happens in a safe manner. We always felt safe, protected somehow. 

This time something very serious happened, our band will never accept this kind of behavior against their fans. 
And we will not stay in silence. 

I have been told that many others had a similar experience, so please, if you want, share your story here, so that everyone will know what really is the Ziggo Dome Horror Story.

Comments

• And I think the Amsterdam security took brilliantly care for MY safety, a tall Dutch man! If people behave like shit, they got treated like shit. Same band I love, I use the same lyrics against you guys, claiming rights you don’t have.
    Sorry your plan didn’t work, Ten Club rules says: no numbers on hands or lists!
    please tell the whole story how you behave, and it is THE reason I do NOT want to be in line anymore!

Ten Club spirit in Europe is gone! If you want Ten Club Spirit back, behave like human beings, and not scaring people away… do NOT exclude other fans because you create your own group, start putting numbers down on hands and prefer your own group. It is not how we do things in Ten Club or The Netherlands. Maybe in Italy, I’m the one who told the whole group normal GA to stop numbering and there are no lists. The guy told me, it is the Italian way. Hallelujah! The Poles Way, gossiping and numbers, vilifying people behind peoples back? Germans I met and even said ‘ciao’ to them. Please. 

I’m that pink hat guy, called Stef, no anonymous bill shit! HAIL THE DUTCH SECURITY. Ten club security, including Boothy, if you allow this crap, you scare other fans away!

sp Ten Club! You let me down! And not the Dutch Security! Ten Club let me down in putting their fingers in fans arses! They smell fingers, and love the smell!

Ten Club is not how it was! Spirit is gone! I remain fan, I remain Ten Club, I have not a lot of choice, so I? But I will not queue up because people like the writer of this article takes away the fun of queueing… fun?… torture… 

Rats and bugs together… 
    I did all European shows, 3 cancelled. I know what happened.
  • Ince.esInce.es BCN - Spain Posts: 306
    From my own experience, all the Ziggo staff were great with us. We had good chats with some of the before the show. I will be back for sure!
    Of course I won’t queue for more that 6 hours anymore, this in crescendo craziness 10C lines should end somehow.
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net
  • Ince.es said:
    From my own experience, all the Ziggo staff were great with us. We had good chats with some of the before the show. I will be back for sure!
    Of course I won’t queue for more that 6 hours anymore, this in crescendo craziness 10C lines should end somehow.
    Exactly! Friendly guys, perfect attitude security! I spoke some afterwards too. Same smiling faces, friendly chitchat about nothing basically… They don’t know shit about Pearl Jam. U2-tattoos on their arms! Talk U2 then! U2 they understand… it is called empathy, if you don’t like U2 at least compassion, if that is not possible, show some respect.

Another fan who understood queueing is not necessary, if normal GA is open anyway, just early entry. There are no rights for ‘spots’ or numbers. Everybody has a fair chance. If you open up all doors at same time while there is no Ten Club of early entry, is normal! Thank you very much security A’dam! 
  • FC210234FC210234 Posts: 15
    edited July 2022
    Ince.es said:
    Exactly! Friendly guys, perfect attitude security! I spoke some afterwards too. Same smiling faces, friendly chitchat about nothing basically… They don’t know shit about Pearl Jam. U2-tattoos on their arms! Talk U2 then! U2 they understand… it is called empathy, if you don’t like U2 at least compassion, if that is not possible, show some respect.

Another fan who understood queueing is not necessary, if normal GA is open anyway, just early entry. There are no rights for ‘spots’ or numbers. Everybody has a fair chance. If you open up all doors at same time while there is no Ten Club of early entry, is normal! Thank you very much security A’dam! 
    So , if i want to stay in line more than you , there’s no right to me to stay in Front ? Really ? 
    Post edited by FC210234 on
    Ince.es said:
    FC210234 said:
    Ince.es said:

So , if i want to stay in line more than you , there’s no right to me to stay in Front ? Really ? 
    If you don’t want to queue more than 6 Hours , others don’t have The right to do ? Why ? 

• henchmanhenchman Posts: 172
    I never had a problem with Ziggo security.

Maybe you should stop sleeping 3 nights on the street and making your own rules. Numbers are not allowed and you don't care.

I stopped queing a few years ago when I arrived to Ziggo Dome at 7 in the morning to get a good spot and they gave me the number 67... and they were 10 people there. People sleeping at the hotel, having a shower, leaving the queue for hours to buy merchandise,... that's not a queue. You only leave to go to the WC as the 10c rules say.

Stop behaving like One Direction fans and this drama won't happen.
    1996: San Sebastian
    2000: San Sebastian
    2006: Barcelona, Vitoria, Lisbon I & II, Madrid, Verona, Milan
    2007: Lisbon, Madrid, London, Dusseldorf
    2009: Rotterdam, Manchester, London
    2010: Berlin, Lisbon
    2014: Amsterdam I & II, Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2018: Amsterdam I & II, Barcelona, Madrid
    2022: Frankfurt, London I & II, Amsterdam II
    FC210234 said:
    Ince.es said:
    FC210234 said:
    Ince.es said:

If you don’t want to queue more than 6 Hours , others don’t have The right to do ? Why ? 

They have the right. But do not leave for hours to buy merchandise or have a lunch. You arrive the queue and ask who is last. Tha'ts tour friend for the rest of the day and will take care of your spot if you go to the WC.
    We were at the Jaz Hotel in front of the queue and we saw some people in the queue going to sleep, rest or having showers for a while into the hotel. That’s not queuing at all. If this happen during an open air line, I would love to know what happened when there were tents where you cannot check if there was someone inside…
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net

henchman said:

Maybe you should stop sleeping 3 nights on the street and making your own rules. Numbers are not allowed and you don't care.

I stopped queing a few years ago when I arrived to Ziggo Dome at 7 in the morning to get a good spot and they gave me the number 67... and they were 10 people there. People sleeping at the hotel, having a shower, leaving the queue for hours to buy merchandise,... that's not a queue. You only leave to go to the WC as the 10c rules say.

Ince.es said:
    We were at the Jaz Hotel in front of the queue and we saw some people in the queue going to sleep, rest or having showers for a while into the hotel. That’s not queuing at all. If this happen during an open air line, I would love to know what happened when there were tents where you cannot check if there was someone inside…
    Again
    the Point is not The People queueing and have a shower (that is obviously wrong) The Point is use violence against People in queue 

The Point is telling The queue 
    “we open from this line as your order of arrive” and Then open All The Lines together … 

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    henchman said:

I think you missed the point completely. The OP didn't assign numbers. Security told them to get in lines of 25 to break down the long line. They were told that they would let 1-25 queue first, then 26-50, etc., then they completely pulled the plug on that idea and let everyone in at the same time.

It's bullshit
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    edited July 2022
    If security used excessive force that was not justified then that is an issue. A serious one.

If you are mad they did not respect the queue, then that is another story. There is no right to queue. No lists no numbers and this is exactly why. Even if there was, there is always a chance that they open on the other side of the venue first or the security opening the doors has no clue. It has happened many, many times. Fans do not get to control the order of entry to the venue.  And that is why the band has openly said no lists.

I would like to hear the side of the story from the security team.  I would guess it might sound like some of the people in the queue were overly aggressive and disrespectful to the security team and we responded accordingly. 
    Get_Right said:
    If security used excessive force that was not justified then that is an issue. A serious one.

If you are mad they did not respect the queue, then that is another story. There is no right to queue. No lists no numbers and this is exactly why. Even if there was, there is always a chance that they open on the other side of the venue first or the security opening the doors has no clue. It has happened many, many times. Fans do not get to control the order of entry to the venue.  And that is why the band has openly said no lists.

I would like to hear the side of the story from the security team.  I would guess it might sound like some of the people in the queue were overly aggressive and disrespectful to the security team and we responded accordingly. 
    Next time i’ll see a line for The merch i’ll go directly on The Front cause “fans don’t control The order to stay in line” come on 😀😀😀
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    FC210234 said:
    Get_Right said:

Next time i’ll see a line for The merch i’ll go directly on The Front cause “fans don’t control The order to stay in line” come on 😀😀😀

Entering a venue is very different from cutting a line inside the venue. I encourage cutting the bathroom line if you can pull it off  ;)
    Get_Right said:
    FC210234 said:
    Get_Right said:

Entering a venue is very different from cutting a line inside the venue. I encourage cutting the bathroom line if you can pull it off  ;)
    It depends on how many beer you can drink … but that’s again not The Point ! 
  • Er tibbiaEr tibbia Posts: 24
    And I think the Amsterdam security took brilliantly care for MY safety, a tall Dutch man! If people behave like shit, they got treated like shit. Same band I love, I use the same lyrics against you guys, claiming rights you don’t have.
    please tell the whole story how you behave, and it is THE reason I do NOT want to be in line anymore!

Ten Club spirit in Europe is gone! If you want Ten Club Spirit back, behave like human beings, and not scaring people away… do NOT exclude other fans because you create your own group, start putting numbers down on hands and prefer your own group. It is not how we do things in Ten Club or The Netherlands. Maybe in Italy, I’m the one who told the whole group normal GA to stop numbering and there are no lists. The guy told me, it is the Italian way. Hallelujah! The Poles Way, gossiping and numbers, vilifying people behind peoples back? Germans I met and even said ‘ciao’ to them. Please. 

I’m that pink hat guy, called Stef, no anonymous bill shit! HAIL THE DUTCH SECURITY. Ten club security, including Boothy, if you allow this crap, you scare other fans away!

sp Ten Club! You let me down! And not the Dutch Security! Ten Club let me down in putting their fingers in fans arses! They smell fingers, and love the smell!

Ten Club is not how it was! Spirit is gone! I remain fan, I remain Ten Club, I have not a lot of choice, so I? But I will not queue up because people like the writer of this article takes away the fun of queueing… fun?… torture… 

Rats and bugs together… 
    The Italian way... The poles way...it is not how we do things in the netherlands...it exudes some racism from your words.

I know that functional illiteracy, in addition to racism, are the evils that afflict these times, but what is not clear to you about these words:

” And as for me, a petite girl who weighs scarce 110 pounds, someone lifted me up by the t-shirt (that I was given for present by Mike McCready, if it ended ripped I promise I wouldn’t be here writing this) and shoved me with violence on the door and then outside the entrance of the Ziggo Dome. 
    I’m shocked by the violence they used against me and many other people around me...”

We are very pleased, we are happy, that you, big boy, felt safe and protected from ziggo security, but from how we read the feeling of security and protection it is very different in this girl.

• Ozzie155Ozzie155 Posts: 1
    Er tibbia said:
    And I think the Amsterdam security took brilliantly care for MY safety, a tall Dutch man! If people behave like shit, they got treated like shit. Same band I love, I use the same lyrics against you guys, claiming rights you don’t have.

Rats and bugs together… 
    The Italian way... The poles way...it is not how we do things in the netherlands...it exudes some racism from your words.

I know that functional illiteracy, in addition to racism, are the evils that afflict these times, but what is not clear to you about these words:

” And as for me, a petite girl who weighs scarce 110 pounds, someone lifted me up by the t-shirt (that I was given for present by Mike McCready, if it ended ripped I promise I wouldn’t be here writing this) and shoved me with violence on the door and then outside the entrance of the Ziggo Dome. 
    I’m shocked by the violence they used against me and many other people around me...”

We are very pleased, we are happy, that you, big boy, felt safe and protected from ziggo security, but from how we read the feeling of security and protection it is very different in this girl.

This has nothing to do with racism. Stop trying to make this thing bigger than it is. 

You felt entitled to something you’re not entitled to. I understand that can be frustrating after 3 days of camping, but venue rules apply to everyone.

Act nice, be treated nice.

• Only 100 people were let inside at first. I was in the second batch of people so I could see everything but we were not let in until the first batch of people, who lined up for many hours and overnight were let in. 

However, what the girl writes here is correct. I saw everything while standing and waiting for our turn.  In particular one security guy was yelling and shoveling people. One fan who’s ticket did not work for some reason, he was pushed around and grabbed by the neck and put outside.  The problem was that multiple doors were open at the same time for the first batch which means the order of line up was ruined.  Some door was faster than the other. That’s when fans got mad and started to ask people to wait but then security got mad too. It was messy. 

Ten Club or Not, there should not be such treatment to people with tickets. Ziggo dome should know this is people with tickets, who spend hours standing here which means for sure we have tickets and these are expensive tickets and the international band.  Security should be respectful and not panic seeing so many fans. 

Some security guys were decent but a few were nasty. As if it was a football match with drunk fans. 

Definitely worth filing a complaint for security in general. There was a person on Facebook Dutch page collecting information to file a complaint. 

Cheers 
  • Too bad my good friend who works in security for Mojo was on holiday. Normally he would have been working with big events like this and for sure he would have seen this. Would have loved to hear his side to this story... nonetheless, issue is not that difficult, if you feel inappropriate violence has been used: file a complaint to whomever you think should hear this (Ziggo Dome, 10c, Mojo). Otherwise, what @Ozzie155 said: stop trying to make this bigger than it is
  • I think you got exactly what you deserve, 10c rules clearly states no numbering while queing. Now this was not a 10c event therfore ziggo security policy applies. Now you have been making trouble since the day before when the cancellation was anounced. New concert new queue. But you wouldn't have any of it, thinking you have the privilege to make up your own rules. 

• So… I’m talking to anonumous people now? Fair enough! Fake news, by Fake people, and we all walk behind them!
    my name is Stef. And everybody knows me as the tall, Cubs shirt, Pink Pinkpop hat with buttons.

first of all, why hide in letters and numbers in this Community, if you feel so ‘embraced’ by a ‘Jamily’ that you have to hide.

Traima is: the lack of freedom to think or feel how you want (source: Bessel vd Kolk: The body keeps the Score, New York Times Best seller top 10 for 8-9 years now).
    Trauma is the reason why we all love PJ. Listen to album Ten.
    If you don’t have the confidence to get out of your ‘anomous’ world, this community is not your place, not the right community for you. Go to a community where you feel heard and your opinion is reflected.

Ten Club IS not reflecting feelings and voices of the majority. It is listening to a minority. A minority that is queue-ing in line for nights, I agree. Do they have the right to do so: YES!!! Please, do so!!! You are in front of me: I’m 2.02 meters, 6’7”. Be my guest. They are so happy, I keep the pushing crowd away, they want to call me: personal protection.

That same group is pushing people like me out, because it IS an isolated group, who does not allow people in, who have a more relaxed way of feeling.
    if that is happening, I start think about a result of Trauma… addiction. (See the movie: Wisdom of Trauma, Gabor Mate). If people get addicted, they lose grip on reality, and ruin the lives around them. They ultimately push themselves forward, become selfish, and more and more isolated.

This group is addicted. You have to see them after a show, pushing themselves away out (not always gentle), to run to their cars and rush themselves to the next venue to be in front. 
    Do they have the right? Yes of course! Do I want to traumatize them again? No! But who is taking responsibility? Ten Club? No! Ten Club is the traumatizer while they don’t realize it!

it is not the fans, but Ten Club who put them in such a position! They don’t realize there are tons of fans they push away, while they also want to be in front. 

I lost my touring spirit, by those people, fascilitated by Ten Club, who is actively encouraging addiction behavior!

Does the people have the right to be in the queue? Yes. Is it correct in the way they exclude other fans? No! Dedication is not always what it is like… Addiction ruins a lot.

Why we love PJ. They sing about Hope, Healing, Inside Jobs. I wish everybody a journey for themselves.
  • henchman said:

I think you missed the point completely. The OP didn't assign numbers. Security told them to get in lines of 25 to break down the long line. They were told that they would let 1-25 queue first, then 26-50, etc., then they completely pulled the plug on that idea and let everyone in at the same time.

It's bullshit
    No, the day before Ten Club Security helped those ones in line to have their queue numbers… and they wanted Dutch security to do so.
    And then Ten Club Security was gone the next day, and made their own rules, like they always do. They don’t give a shit about Pearl Jam or Ten Club. They have their own protocol to keep all the other safe! And that is what happened. As they saw pushing and rushing started they opened up from 1 door to all doors. I saw how people were thrown out with force (you call violence), but they had to use more force than the force that was use against them… Funny! So you actually say: the security REACT on bad ACTION. So security had good intentions to keep us safe, only a few Ten Club Members cocked up, complaining on this site, about violence, and inpropreiate behavior.
    That group is not fan, they lost grip on reality!
  • Get_Right said:

I saw people be thrown out! They only do that if violence is used against them or other fans.
    The fans thrown out, were push away fans who were ‘later’ in line, but thought they had to go first. Security opened up everything out of precautions.
    security responded how they were trained to: use force if it is needed! They did not use force unnecessarily as suggested in topic-article.
    so It was not Amsterdam Horror! It was an Amsterdam Epic show, with same security!
  • mauchka21mauchka21 Posts: 10
    Ziggo Dom was horror but NOT cuase of the nice security staff but cause of your group! We were in the back of the q and saw everything: 2 men, one very tall and slim and his friend very tall and big-just pushed everyboday and were behaving like animals. My friend who was infront of me in the q-was pushed to the floor by the bigger guy. He pushed her while screaming that he was there for 3 nights. He was violent to her just cause he wanted to be on the rail. violence against a woman and for what??? to get rail. She wrote a post about it on the Official 10c FB page. And what a surprise....other people commented on her post, telling how your group treated them all through this tour-despicable and so NOT P.J. 

As woman, when I saw how these 2 men behaved and that security get control of them-I felt safe. As a petite woman my self-your friends scared me and the Ziggo Dom security made me feel safe and I thank them for that. I hope there will be an investigation so the truth can come out! I witnessed first hand how your group behaves: 1. You call yourself "The Tribe" and you feel the elite and privileged. What the F****ck???? there r no tribes here, we are all equal fans here! 2. After the 1 ziggo show was canceled, we stuck around just being there for eachother. And then I saw and heard a guy from your group and his wife-they r from Australia (I wont mention their names) talking to Boothy and asking him that for the 2 Ziggo show-he will allow your group to come in first. I couldn't believe my ears....How dare u? The second show wasn't a 10c but a regular GA show so that everyone will have a fare chance to be in the front. 3. People started to q for the 2 Ziggo show and your group screamed at them and didn't allow them to q. NEW SHOW=NEW Q. 4. Then u started numbering people. Behaving like dictators. How dare u number human beings??? its completely against 10c rules! 

After the 2 Ziggo show was over, I saw a girl crying. I approached her and gave her a hug. She said that when the show was over she went to the rail to ask for a set list or a drum stick and your group screamed at her, didn't allow her to come close to the rail, saying they were there first. I understand that was going on in many of the shows.

enough is enough
    mauchka21 said:
    Ziggo Dom was horror but NOT cuase of the nice security staff but cause of your group! We were in the back of the q and saw everything: 2 men, one very tall and slim and his friend very tall and big-just pushed everyboday and were behaving like animals. My friend who was infront of me in the q-was pushed to the floor by the bigger guy. He pushed her while screaming that he was there for 3 nights. He was violent to her just cause he wanted to be on the rail. violence against a woman and for what??? to get rail. She wrote a post about it on the Official 10c FB page. And what a surprise....other people commented on her post, telling how your group treated them all through this tour-despicable and so NOT P.J. 

As woman, when I saw how these 2 men behaved and that security get control of them-I felt safe. As a petite woman my self-your friends scared me and the Ziggo Dom security made me feel safe and I thank them for that. I hope there will be an investigation so the truth can come out! I witnessed first hand how your group behaves: 1. You call yourself "The Tribe" and you feel the elite and privileged. What the F****ck???? there r no tribes here, we are all equal fans here! 2. After the 1 ziggo show was canceled, we stuck around just being there for eachother. And then I saw and heard a guy from your group and his wife-they r from Australia (I wont mention their names) talking to Boothy and asking him that for the 2 Ziggo show-he will allow your group to come in first. I couldn't believe my ears....How dare u? The second show wasn't a 10c but a regular GA show so that everyone will have a fare chance to be in the front. 3. People started to q for the 2 Ziggo show and your group screamed at them and didn't allow them to q. NEW SHOW=NEW Q. 4. Then u started numbering people. Behaving like dictators. How dare u number human beings??? its completely against 10c rules! 

After the 2 Ziggo show was over, I saw a girl crying. I approached her and gave her a hug. She said that when the show was over she went to the rail to ask for a set list or a drum stick and your group screamed at her, didn't allow her to come close to the rail, saying they were there first. I understand that was going on in many of the shows.

enough is enough
    This is 100% true. I was in the queue for our seats next to the GA queue and I saw this two men behaving like you described. One of them tried to enter through the gates for seating after he was removed from GA and he was removed again (obviously). 

They stopped letting people in at the doors on the left to solve this situation. 
  • ekellegherekellegher Posts: 14

Rats and bugs together… 
    Hi Stef, just wanted to say it was nice meeting you upon arrival in Budapest airport and again before the gig Krakow. I was looking out for your pink hat everywhere after that! I totally agree with your post above … things have changed in recent years and all of these super fans in line for hours, days even and not allowing anyone else a fair chance of getting up front. I’m done with it too these days, I prefer being a bit further back and enjoy the show. I’m there for the music, I don’t care if the guys notice me or not, I don’t care if I miss out on the merch because I couldn’t be bothered queuing for hours before or after the show. I prefer having a look around the Beatiful cities I visit - how can you say you have visited these places if all you have done is sleep outside the venue for a few days… it makes me a bit sad for these people.

anyway hope you are good man, it’s a real pity those 3 shows were cancelled with you trying to make it to them all. Maybe next European tour - and keep wearing the pink hat!

Enda
  • Er tibbiaEr tibbia Posts: 24
    Your comments are shameful! 

Here is a petite girl who said she suffered physical violence, and what are you doing? 
    Talk about queues, numbers, sleep rights, 10c spirit and various bullshit. Why don't you deal with the problem? A girl was mistreated by a security man, STOP, everything else is bullshit. Who doesn’t understand this is either a functional illiterate or doesn’t consider violence against women
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    henchman said:

It's bullshit
    Whilst the underlying theme here is correct, the security guy who said he would let the lines in in number order, was overruled by PJ security - something the security guys on duty at 5.50pm told us all. One of the tenc queue was on the phone to 'Boothy' to check this to get it fixed and avoid the upcming shit show, went to meet them and never returned. The lines opened and the frenzy began. 

I would add that the security guys were getting some grief from those in line and were a little under pressure through no fault of their own. The ones I encountered on the way in were perfectly civil, doing their job. But on the way it became carnage with people frantic to get the rail. Then the arguing amongst fans started about what was right and wrong, and how they had no decency etc. It was laughable in all honesty.

It was apparently the guys fault who turned up an hour before doors and got lucky by being first in his line and getting the rail that others had queued all night. He got lucky, got his space and was expected then to give it up because other fans told him he was an asshole if he didn't. 

Lets not even talk about the fans who managed to get in via the back door either. 
    The problem was that multiple doors were open at the same time for the first batch which means the order of line up was ruined.  Some door was faster than the other. That’s when fans got mad and started to ask people to wait but then security got mad too. It was messy. 
    Have you ever go to a show? This kind of things happen all around, everybody knows the risks and you just enter asap, take an spot and enjoy the show.

I can give you a couple of examples... Tour 2006 when going early in the morning was enough to have be on the rail or just a good spot to enjoy the show. We were in Milano having fun in the queue for hours, when the doors opened they split us by sex because they patted down us. Since there were less women than men they entered the venue faster. The ones with a partner saved a place for them and the single men entered later.

Another example, Wembley Arena, all the GA were for 10C. There were 2 doors, North and South, you were not able to see the other queue from the one you were staying. One door open like 2 minutes before the other. Imagine the faces for the people in the other door.

Now, just guess what happened in both cases... Some people were sad for a while but they enjoyed the show and did not complain later in social networks. Be happy and do not stay in line "for some days", your perception of life and how things happen can be quite distorted.
  • mauchka21mauchka21 Posts: 10
    Er tibbia said:
    Your comments are shameful! 

Here is a petite girl who said she suffered physical violence, and what are you doing? 
    Talk about queues, numbers, sleep rights, 10c spirit and various bullshit. Why don't you deal with the problem? A girl was mistreated by a security man, STOP, everything else is bullshit. Who doesn’t understand this is either a functional illiterate or doesn’t consider violence against women
    I'm talking about physical violence against a woman-my friend who was pushed to the floor by one of the men she calls a friend. That man was so violent just cause he wanted to get rail. You can't be violent and use violence and then complain that secutiry used force to stop a bad situation becoming much much worse!!! The security had no choice, they had to use force to stop the situation from escalating. We saw the whole thing-the security did the right thing under these circumstances. If this woman wants to blame someone-she should blame her friends from "The Tribe" that started the violence.