Cancellation Notice For Prague

14567810»

Comments

• CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Just Got back to Denmark. Without a show. Bummer. Hopefully next time We have better luck

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737
    Currently sitting on the Main Street out from Centraal station taking in the local beers, our hotel is right by the venue and when we checked in earlier this evening there must have been 30-40 outside queuing up already 
    Why would you be in line 24 to 48 hours before the show? Just to try and catch 1 of the 6 tambourines?
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 335
    Zod said:
    DL136722 said:
    I guess I'm missing something because I don't understand when people say physical toll when describing a band that tours. They fly into a city via private jet, stay in a luxury hotel, eat well, sleep in if they choose to, go to sound check, work/play music for a couple of hours and repeat, how's is that physically grueling? If you're talking about the roadies then I get it but as for the actual musicians they're working less than the average person is per day, it's not they're working a 8-10 hr shift, I'm definitely missing something 
    Spoken like someone who has never been in a band or toured.
    Yah, I don't think people realize how grueling the touring lifestyle can be on people.

Brian Johnson form AC/DC has this documentary show, and on one of the episodes (I forgot who he was chatting with) they talked about the lengths they went through to make it work.   Tour Europe, setup Paris or something as a central hub, fly out to the next city, do the show, fly back to paris. have the families there, and try to have some kind of consistency while touring.

There's something to be said for sleeping in your own bed in a familiar place every night without having to travel.  I don't think i'd make a good touring musician. I don't tend to lave home for more than week very often.. lol.

I think that lifestyle like a lot of things are meant for younger people. It's harder once you have school aged children. Many people who travel for business would tend to agree. When your single or can take your family with you during time off from their schooling it can be great. 
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    Robbert said:
    Currently sitting on the Main Street out from Centraal station taking in the local beers, our hotel is right by the venue and when we checked in earlier this evening there must have been 30-40 outside queuing up already 
    Why would you be in line 24 to 48 hours before the show? Just to try and catch 1 of the 6 tambourines?
    There were a good 20 people when I walked past the line on Friday afternoon. Craziness 
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    Alright, mates.  Nighty night.  Heading over to the Dam first thing tomorrow unless I hear otherwise.   See all you beauties there. 
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    CharlieP said:
    Damn. We’re in Prague. This really sucks. Get Well soon Ed 
    Make the best of it! 

Prague is a great city!
    It is and We did! 

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    DL136722 said:
    DL136722 said:
    DL136722 said:
    DL136722 said:
    I guess I'm missing something because I don't understand when people say physical toll when describing a band that tours. They fly into a city via private jet, stay in a luxury hotel, eat well, sleep in if they choose to, go to sound check, work/play music for a couple of hours and repeat, how's is that physically grueling? If you're talking about the roadies then I get it but as for the actual musicians they're working less than the average person is per day, it's not they're working a 8-10 hr shift, I'm definitely missing something 
    Spoken like someone who has never been in a band or toured.
    Yup because being in a band is just like a real 9-5 job, gotcha ya👍
    I have done both. They are both hard work. If you do not have experience touring I understand it is easy to assume that it's a very cushy gig. And certainly it is a great gig. But it is not as you imagine or describe it, even at Pearl Jam's level. 
    Sure 👌I bet you're a plumber & neuroscientist as well
    I have been:

A movie theater employee/projectionist
    A barista
    A server/busboy
    A dishwasher
    A professional songwriter/musician
    In treatment for substance use disorder
    Incarcerated
    A sales associate at a Levi's store
    A musician again
    Director of Development at a nonprofit providing supports and services for people experiencing or in recovery from substance use disorders

It is not uncommon for people to hold many jobs over the course of their life. It is also not uncommon for musicians, especially ones who are not famous, to have held jobs while also being musicians. I have played to four people at a dive bar in South Dakota and 9,500 people at Red Rocks. Touring is hard, hard work. Trolling people on a message board is far less demanding.

And if you are a Kills Fan and a Pearl Jam fan, then you are cool with me.

It sounds like a much more interesting and exciting life than I have led.  If you are ever in Chicago, hit me up and I'll buy you a beer(s).  I'd love to hear some of the stories you could tell.

Cheers, Mate.

All the Best, Chris.
    I am indeed a Kills fan and a Pearl Jam fan! I may be in Chicago end of September, will hit you up. I'll do something non-alcoholic but that means more beer for you!

Yeah, I saw the Kills in Brooklyn in June, they still got it.  Kills are a top 10 band for me.  I always try to get out to see them.  Yeah, end of Sept would work perfectly.  Talk later.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

This is staring me in the face as I am waiting for my Uber in Prague.  
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    GlowGirl said:

This is staring me in the face as I am waiting for my Uber in Prague.  
    Sorry about your luck in Europe. The Canadian shows will hopefully take that feeling away very  soon!
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    I was lucky…
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737
    Also lucky

• JackD.JackD. Posts: 479
    Anybody received refund info from WISE yet? Started the process with 10c, got a 10c confirmation email. But nothing else.
  • TO42596TO42596 The Netherlands Posts: 140
    JackD. said:
    Anybody received refund info from WISE yet? Started the process with 10c, got a 10c confirmation email. But nothing else.
    Nope, nothing yet (12h since 10C confirmation mail).
    2000 London I
    2006 Arnhem & Prague
    2012 Amsterdam I & II / EV Amsterdam II
    2013 Buenos Aires & Wrigley Field / Brad Utrecht / Soundgarden Oslo & Amsterdam
    2014 Amsterdam I & II, Vienna, Berlin & Leeds / Soundgarden Santiago, Utrecht & Tilburg
    2016 MSG I & II, Quebec City, Fenway Park I & II
    2018 Amsterdam I & II, Krakow & Berlin
    2022 Stockholm, Copenhagen, Amsterdam & Toronto
    2023 Austin I & II
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,130
    JackD. said:
    Same 
  • aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    Message from Wise received.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
    edited July 2022
    Wise form filled in and money received instantly 
    Post edited by BlueLedbetter on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Have to give credit for the fast refunds. Obviously rather no refunds and shows instead to happen but this definitely makes the cancelation sting a little less with how easy it was. 
    PJNB said:
    Have to give credit for the fast refunds. Obviously rather no refunds and shows instead to happen but this definitely makes the cancelation sting a little less with how easy it was. 
    Yes seems like the ones earlier this year were a bit problematic but can't fault this one 
  • TO42596TO42596 The Netherlands Posts: 140
    Same here, very smooth and instant transfer! Thumbs up
    2000 London I
    2006 Arnhem & Prague
    2012 Amsterdam I & II / EV Amsterdam II
    2013 Buenos Aires & Wrigley Field / Brad Utrecht / Soundgarden Oslo & Amsterdam
    2014 Amsterdam I & II, Vienna, Berlin & Leeds / Soundgarden Santiago, Utrecht & Tilburg
    2016 MSG I & II, Quebec City, Fenway Park I & II
    2018 Amsterdam I & II, Krakow & Berlin
    2022 Stockholm, Copenhagen, Amsterdam & Toronto
    2023 Austin I & II
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

I am at a jazz club in Prague. Saw this on the wall - signed by Ed, Jeff, and Matt. 
  • Y. VANY. VAN france Posts: 132

Une demande "WMA" pour le Tour Européen 2018 

• ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    I just got back home from my trip late Sunday night. My brother and I spent ten days exploring Czechia, Slovakia, and Poland. The PJ show was to be the trip kick-off and it also fell on my birthday. While disappointing that the show did not happen, the trip was still amazing. Another highlight was visiting our family's ancestral hometown village in northern Slovakia. We visited many cool sites in Prague and we also took a day trip to the Plzen brewery in Plzen at the end of our trip. In fact the day of the cancelled PJ show, Pavel Francouz brought the Stanley Cup to the Plzen brewery for a parade. We would have gone there had we known in advance. We did go to the O2 Arena to visit the Hockey Hall of Fame next door, and the PJ merch booth. Unfortunately we did not score posters or even show-specific tshirts, but we did get stickers. Hope to nab a b-day shirt or poster some day. We did have a nice leisurely chat with a friendly guy named William who seemed to be the guy in charge of the merch booth. So we got a little of the PJ show-day experience.

If anyone is heading to Prague again, visit the Fat Cat pub in Old Town and look for bartender Tomas (he was especially good to us), and order the třešňové pivo (cherry beer). That was our favorite spot for beer and my brother loved their chicken wings. Vegans Prague was my favorite restaurant. Petřín Lookout Tower has the best views of the city, though Prague Castle Tower will be a unique workout (800-some continuous steps with no platforms for rest!). We also enjoyed just walking around the city especially at night and enjoying the grand architecture. We did find it odd that many pubs closed down at 10pm! Is that a post-covid thing or just how it always was?

Anyhow, it was a great trip all in all, and PJ would have just made it extra-special. I hope Ed is getting good rest and we look forward to seeing PJ in September.

Bonus - on the flight home we passed, perhaps near Iceland, a formation that looked a lot like the cliffs of the Gigaton album photo. I suspect it is a different location, but I thought it fitting that a trip that was supposed to start with PJ ended with something PJ-related.

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    GlowGirl said:

I am at a jazz club in Prague. Saw this on the wall - signed by Ed, Jeff, and Matt. 
    This is amazing 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -