Cancellation Notice For Prague

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    browngw said:
    Figured this would happen, give him a few more days of rest to finish back to back in Amsterdam. Unfortunately I flew to Europe from Texas for the Vienna and Prague shows and I got neither.  At a loss for words now.  
    Damn this is a bummer.  Wow
    Time for Eddie to pack the white pants. 

LETS GO
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • aidt17aidt17 Posts: 610
    Where is the meet up In the square?
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    People in Amsterdam seem to think the show is happened. Couldn’t believe there were so many people in line for GA already! I know railbirds can get “crazy” or is that normal for European shows. A good 50+ hours before the show?! 
    How many were there?
    When I checked into the hotel at 3 there had to of been 20-40 people already. Crazy if you ask me....hope we get the shows. 
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    People in Amsterdam seem to think the show is happened. Couldn’t believe there were so many people in line for GA already! I know railbirds can get “crazy” or is that normal for European shows. A good 50+ hours before the show?! 
    How many were there?
    When I checked into the hotel at 3 there had to of been 20-40 people already. Crazy if you ask me....hope we get the shows. 
    That is more than usual I belive with 48hrs+ to go..! 
    Yeah let's hope for the best

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    How many were there?
    Because they all probably raced there from Prague as soon as the news for Prague came in.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    How many were there?
    Because they all probably raced there from Prague as soon as the news for Prague came in.  
    Probably yeah!

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    How many were there?
    Probably yeah!
    I would easily say rail is long gone! Enjoy your days everyone shows or no show
  • Cal.PJ.CCal.PJ.C Posts: 180
    It's not all bad....bumped into Mike sightseeing in prague today :)
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    Cal.PJ.C said:
    Where?!
  • Cal.PJ.CCal.PJ.C Posts: 180
    vedpunk said:
    Cal.PJ.C said:
    Where?!
    Walking up towards the castle, really nice interaction, nice guy
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054

So cute, yet bittersweet. 
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 449
    Pgmgwg12 said:
    I’m also calling bullshit on the entire excuse.  While he obviously is having voice issues and can’t sing, and he obviously needs time to heal, unless he was taking bong hits directly out of a burning tree there is no way there isn’t something else going on or another reason for his vocal collapse.  And yes, before you rip me and question whether I know what I am taking about, I am a physician 
    I think it's bed time mate
    Dammit Jim he's a physician!
             Lol!  ( i can't help it- it feels good to giggle )
  • gcbutegcbute Posts: 2
    What everyone's best guess for when we'll hear about Amsterdam?
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    GlowGirl said:
    Awesome. We’re going to go to a bar in the centre around 6pm if anyone is free before 9 o’clock.
    Post what bar when you get there. 
    Awesome. We’re going to go to a bar in the centre around 6pm if anyone is free before 9 o’clock.
    We also by the centre now. Wich bar you guys going?
    Really sorry guys. My phone died early last night. Are you around today?
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    gcbute said:
    Don’t quote me, but read they would say one day before the concert like with Prague. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    gcbute said:
    Don’t quote me, but read they would say one day before the concert like with Prague. 
    Only in case of cancellation or regardless?

gcbute said:
    Only in case of cancellation or regardless?
    Don’t know. 

And you  quotet me bud. So Human Clay is back on the table. :)
  • ZootrumZootrum Posts: 47
    edited July 2022
    I guess it is a long shot to find someone who could grab two posters yesterday and is willing to sell one?
    If so plz contact me. Thank you.
    Arrived too late, obviously underestimated the demand...

Post edited by Zootrum on
  • gcbutegcbute Posts: 2
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    Crossing my fingers for all who head to beautiful Amsterdam...i will never forget these two nights in 2012...hope you all get an unforgettable ending of the euro tour 22.
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    GlowGirl said:
    Post what bar when you get there. 
    We also by the centre now. Wich bar you guys going?
    Really sorry guys. My phone died early last night. Are you around today?
    No. Heading to Cesky Krumlov today. We were at that party at the Cocktail Magic bar until 4:00am. Packed with PJ fans. A guy played PJ songs on an acoustic guitar for about 2 hours. The whole bar was singing. Not quite the same though. 
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Oh! I was there too. I left around 11 though, I just couldn’t handle the heat. Maybe see you wherever Pearl jam go next year!
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • LizJLizJ Posts: 334
    I missed the poster sale yesterday. So if anyone bought two Prague Posters or is willing to sell theirs, please message me 😊. Heading to Amsterdam now. Fingers crossed for the shows! 
  • Carlijn!Carlijn! Posts: 2
    I nearly died just now. Finally got the guts to open the forum, hoping to see a go for the Amsterdam shows, fearing the worst. First two words I saw were  cancellation notice. My heart froze, started beating again when I red for Prague.....
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 583
    Carlijn! said:
    I nearly died just now. Finally got the guts to open the forum, hoping to see a go for the Amsterdam shows, fearing the worst. First two words I saw were  cancellation notice. My heart froze, started beating again when I red for Prague.....
    Happens to me every time I open up the forum too.
  • P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    DL136722 said:
    DL136722 said:
    DL136722 said:
    DL136722 said:
    I guess I'm missing something because I don't understand when people say physical toll when describing a band that tours. They fly into a city via private jet, stay in a luxury hotel, eat well, sleep in if they choose to, go to sound check, work/play music for a couple of hours and repeat, how's is that physically grueling? If you're talking about the roadies then I get it but as for the actual musicians they're working less than the average person is per day, it's not they're working a 8-10 hr shift, I'm definitely missing something 
    Spoken like someone who has never been in a band or toured.
    Yup because being in a band is just like a real 9-5 job, gotcha ya👍
    I have done both. They are both hard work. If you do not have experience touring I understand it is easy to assume that it's a very cushy gig. And certainly it is a great gig. But it is not as you imagine or describe it, even at Pearl Jam's level. 
    Sure 👌I bet you're a plumber & neuroscientist as well
    I have been:

A movie theater employee/projectionist
    A barista
    A server/busboy
    A dishwasher
    A professional songwriter/musician
    In treatment for substance use disorder
    Incarcerated
    A sales associate at a Levi's store
    A musician again
    Director of Development at a nonprofit providing supports and services for people experiencing or in recovery from substance use disorders

It is not uncommon for people to hold many jobs over the course of their life. It is also not uncommon for musicians, especially ones who are not famous, to have held jobs while also being musicians. I have played to four people at a dive bar in South Dakota and 9,500 people at Red Rocks. Touring is hard, hard work. Trolling people on a message board is far less demanding.

And if you are a Kills Fan and a Pearl Jam fan, then you are cool with me.

It sounds like a much more interesting and exciting life than I have led.  If you are ever in Chicago, hit me up and I'll buy you a beer(s).  I'd love to hear some of the stories you could tell.

Cheers, Mate.

All the Best, Chris.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • heartofadogheartofadog Portland, OR Posts: 350
    DL136722 said:
    DL136722 said:
    DL136722 said:
    DL136722 said:
    I guess I'm missing something because I don't understand when people say physical toll when describing a band that tours. They fly into a city via private jet, stay in a luxury hotel, eat well, sleep in if they choose to, go to sound check, work/play music for a couple of hours and repeat, how's is that physically grueling? If you're talking about the roadies then I get it but as for the actual musicians they're working less than the average person is per day, it's not they're working a 8-10 hr shift, I'm definitely missing something 
    I have done both. They are both hard work. If you do not have experience touring I understand it is easy to assume that it's a very cushy gig. And certainly it is a great gig. But it is not as you imagine or describe it, even at Pearl Jam's level. 
    I have been:

A barista
    A server/busboy
    A dishwasher
    Incarcerated
    A musician again
    Director of Development at a nonprofit providing supports and services for people experiencing or in recovery from substance use disorders

It is not uncommon for people to hold many jobs over the course of their life. It is also not uncommon for musicians, especially ones who are not famous, to have held jobs while also being musicians. I have played to four people at a dive bar in South Dakota and 9,500 people at Red Rocks. Touring is hard, hard work. Trolling people on a message board is far less demanding.

And if you are a Kills Fan and a Pearl Jam fan, then you are cool with me.

It sounds like a much more interesting and exciting life than I have led.  If you are ever in Chicago, hit me up and I'll buy you a beer(s).  I'd love to hear some of the stories you could tell.

Cheers, Mate.

All the Best, Chris.
    I am indeed a Kills fan and a Pearl Jam fan! I may be in Chicago end of September, will hit you up. I'll do something non-alcoholic but that means more beer for you!
    1993: Portland, OR (09/06), Seattle, WA (12/07), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    1995: Seattle, WA (02/05)
    1996: Seattle, WA (09/16)
    1997:
    Oakland, CA (11/19)
    1998:
    Portland, OR (07/18), Seattle, WA (07/21), Seattle, WA (07/22)
    2000: Bellingham, WA (05/10), Vancouver, BC (05/11), Mountain View, CA (10/31), Portland, OR (11/02), Seattle, WA (11/05), Seattle, WA (11/06)
    2002: Seattle, WA (12/05), Seattle, WA (12/06), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    2003: Vancouver, BC (5/30), Seattle, WA (10/22), 
    2006: Portland, OR (07/20)
    2009: Berlin, DE (08/15), Seattle, WA (9/21), Seattle, WA (9/22)
    2010: Berlin, DE (06/30)
    2013: Los Angeles, CA (11/23), Los Angeles, CA (11/24), Portland, OR (11/29), Spokane, WA (11/30)
    2018: Seattle, WA (08/10)
    2022: Seattle, WA (2/22)
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,486
    Flying out to Amsterdam from London in 10hrs. See you guys there!!!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    DL136722 said:
    DL136722 said:
    DL136722 said:
    DL136722 said:
    I have been:

A barista
    A server/busboy
    A dishwasher
    Incarcerated
    A musician again

This would be a fun thread on its own. I’ve played for like two people in an empty bar in Allentown,Pennsylvania on a Tuesday night but also opened for national bands like Halestorm, Marcy Playground, Rev Theory and the Burden Brothers. Good times. 
  • neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191
    Currently sitting on the Main Street out from Centraal station taking in the local beers, our hotel is right by the venue and when we checked in earlier this evening there must have been 30-40 outside queuing up already 
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022