*** Pearl Jam Zurich, Switzerland Fanviews 6/23/22 ***

13»

Comments

• TK85756TK85756 Posts: 1
    If you look at the show on paper, there is not much in there…but if you were in the FOS you have gone through a wonderful show with a respectful crowd and fans singing their lungs out. Great experience.
    When I don't see any rarities on a setlist, it always looks like nothing much  ;)  "In Hiding", "Smile" and "Animal" are favourites of mine and even if they aren't really rarities I experienced them not that often live ... and even if I get a shitstorm for this: I really really love "Clairvoyants" :)  You really have to be there and experience for yourself. The setlist is just words on paper ... I loved and enjoyed it and found it amazing! Even more after this long time without live music. The crowd was tremendous and superloud,; I totally forgot I was wearing earplugs. I also couldn't make out technical difficulties. Here it's the first time a hear about it. Of course I wanted to see them play a bit longer than 130 Minutes, but it was a blast nevertheless and I think, we are maybe a bit spoiled.  It also seems like everyone has his own definition of a "dead" audience. This was my 21st PJ-Show and the only time I felt like the audience was "dead" was the Werchter-Show 2007 ... but that's another story  ;)  
  • PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 400
    How is the bands chemistry on stage? Are the having fun or going through the motions?
    We all collectively love this band... enough so to all call ourselves super fans being that we are all interacting in this community. I have to say, that it just seems odd to me the sudden pull back on sets. I'm not complaining because the sets are still amazing. You cannot deny the fact that going from the long sets to what seems like an abrupt stop is strange.  I do feel like something is up... I don't know what - I hope nothing to do with health of course but I feel like something has changed.  So the questions you raise are great ones... I don't think we will ever find out... 
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    PJ5a1 said:
    How is the bands chemistry on stage? Are the having fun or going through the motions?
    We all collectively love this band... enough so to all call ourselves super fans being that we are all interacting in this community. I have to say, that it just seems odd to me the sudden pull back on sets. I'm not complaining because the sets are still amazing. You cannot deny the fact that going from the long sets to what seems like an abrupt stop is strange.  I do feel like something is up... I don't know what - I hope nothing to do with health of course but I feel like something has changed.  So the questions you raise are great ones... I don't think we will ever find out... 
    I would say the chemistry is great....I haven't noticed any change there at all. I also haven't noticed any difference in endurance. 

I'm just genuinely curious what caused the changes but maybe we'll never know. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • MM70435MM70435 Posts: 243
    PJ5a1 said:
    I would say the chemistry is great....I haven't noticed any change there at all. I also haven't noticed any difference in endurance. 

I'm just genuinely curious what caused the changes but maybe we'll never know. 
    I'm curious also.  And I don't think we will ever know.  It's not like in sports where they have to have press conferences and face the media.  I'm not complaining though.  Just discussing.  Big difference.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 - LA I&II, Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore?
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • cloudsnmarscloudsnmars Switzerland (for now) But from Aotearoa Posts: 113
    PJ5a1 said:
    With Hallenstadion the curfew is 11pm , always has been for other bands also.. the sudden stop will have been that. Nothing more, nothing less....
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    PJ5a1 said:
    With Hallenstadion the curfew is 11pm , always has been for other bands also.. the sudden stop will have been that. Nothing more, nothing less....
    but again....it isn't that there is a curfew to deal with. It's that they start at 9pm instead of 8pm
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • trevedtreved Los Angeles Posts: 24
    I know I'm a bit late...

This was my first show outside of North America, but my 29th overall. Flew in that morning from LA with my wife, and we enjoyed the day walking around the city and preparing for the show.

Our seats were killer, 3rd row in the lower bowl, right on the rail on Stone's side. 

I see the discussion here about the crowd, the short set, etc. There was definitely a confusing vibe at first as people tried to stand and dance, and the ushers came down and angrily ordered us all to sit down. We waited a song or two and then ignored him, and got back up.

But none of that mattered! The band was on fire and the crowd's intensity grew as the show moved along. It was not the crazy energy I've seen in some videos of past Euro/SA shows, but was still glorious nonetheless. It's rare to see a new song (other than the new album) for me, but I was finally able to see Smile live, which was great.

And to top it off: my two obsessions are ice hockey and PJ. This poster could not have been more perfect!
    (1)Vancouver 7/19/98; (2) Seattle 7/22/98; (3) Jones Beach 8/24/2000; (4) Bridge School 10/21/01; (5) Seattle 12/8/02; (6) Denver 4/1/03; (7) Philadelphia 4/28/03; (8) Uniondale 4/30/03; (9) Camden 7/6/03; (10) NY 7/8/03; (11) NY 7/9/03; (12) Boston 9/28/04; (13) Vancouver 9/2/05; (14) LA 7/9/06; (15) LA 7/10/06; (16) Seattle 9/21/09; (17) Seattle 9/22/09; (18) LA 9/30/09; (19) LA 10/1/09; (20) LA 10/6/09; (21) 10/7/09; (22) San Diego 11/21/13; (23) LA 11/24/13; (24) Miami 4/9/16; (25) Seattle 8/8/18; (26) Seattle 8/10/18; (27) San Diego 5/3/22; (28) LA 5/7/22; (29) Zurich 6/23/22
  • trevedtreved Los Angeles Posts: 24
    And some fun videos: two times Ed hit kids deep in the pit with perfect tambourine throws. 

Here's a pic of Kid #1 earlier in the show:

And then the video of her catching the tambo: https://youtube.com/shorts/q1Vd6anU8q0?feature=share         

Kid #2: https://youtube.com/shorts/2CLoQRsW_XA?feature=share         
    (1)Vancouver 7/19/98; (2) Seattle 7/22/98; (3) Jones Beach 8/24/2000; (4) Bridge School 10/21/01; (5) Seattle 12/8/02; (6) Denver 4/1/03; (7) Philadelphia 4/28/03; (8) Uniondale 4/30/03; (9) Camden 7/6/03; (10) NY 7/8/03; (11) NY 7/9/03; (12) Boston 9/28/04; (13) Vancouver 9/2/05; (14) LA 7/9/06; (15) LA 7/10/06; (16) Seattle 9/21/09; (17) Seattle 9/22/09; (18) LA 9/30/09; (19) LA 10/1/09; (20) LA 10/6/09; (21) 10/7/09; (22) San Diego 11/21/13; (23) LA 11/24/13; (24) Miami 4/9/16; (25) Seattle 8/8/18; (26) Seattle 8/10/18; (27) San Diego 5/3/22; (28) LA 5/7/22; (29) Zurich 6/23/22