Do You Want to Draw Daily for a Year?

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
I'm not an illustrator, but I have tried to find something in the scratching I do with a pen and paper. It would be interesting to see if anything changes as not much has changed each time I try to draw. Maybe when I draw a coffee cup it will look like a coffee cup. Any current drawings of coffee cups look like drawing-for-beginners lessons in shadows.

I believe we are able to post images of our daily drawings in this thread. Anyone interested? 

I'm interested in solstices so I would want to start on Thursday, 22 September, the autumn equinox in the northern hemisphere. 
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Tagged:

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    I used to love it but now only do quick sketches.

I participate in "Inktober" every year.  There is a theme each day so it catches my interest.

Would you want to do something like that?  Word a day/pic a day?  That might be fun?

:) 
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    I'm up for it. I can start this project 1 October 2022, and then continue for a year. Here is the site. Inktober 52 sounds like an option as well.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    I hope you do this.  I couldn't commit to a project like this these days because my work is very demanding during the school year. However, I will encourage you whenever I see what you've put up. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I'm up for it. I can start this project 1 October 2022, and then continue for a year. Here is the site. Inktober 52 sounds like an option as well.
    I will give it a go.

I do it on Joey Feldmans FB page every year.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    I realized I don't have the time for this. Too much knitting in my future. Maybe some other time.
  • Ms. Haiku said:
    I realized I don't have the time for this. Too much knitting in my future. Maybe some other time.
    Will you do October?  Looking forward to this.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2022
    I haven't drawn since I was like 13... but I'm interested in starting up... just to do it...

So, today you should draw a gargoyle then?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I haven't drawn since I was like 13... but I'm interested in starting up... just to do it...

So, today you should draw a gargoyle then?
    @Spiritual_Chaos Sorry I am just seeing this...

How it works is there are 31 days of prompts and you draw that daily.

PM me and I'll go over it better.  I loved it.
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    I like the idea, but it would be easier if PJ had an app so we could quickly and easily upload our sketches.

Yo Tempo... I also do the JF Inktober. I recall you ran the daily sketch last year. Looking forward to doing it again soon! (Rogan)

Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!