02. Mind Your Manners
03. Interstellar Overdrive
04 Corduroy
05. Daughter
06. Satan’s Bed
07. Even Flow
08. Dance Of The Clairvoyants
09. Who Ever Said
10. Wishlist/Waiting On A Friend-(Jagger/Richards :50 seconds (Ed improvs some lines about his daughter Olivia)
11.  Not For You  (Ed wants to sing this next thing, referring to the last verse about liars.  Nothing worse than a liar except a liar who has power.  The only worse than that is a person who is a liar is in charge of an entire country.  Goes on to talk about the fucking liar who has Ukraine under siege.)
12. Given To Fly (EV stops the song so someone in the crowd can get medical attention)
(Ed mentions Jack White playing in France tomorrow.  He says Jack will be able to breath easy while here it is hot and smokey.  He mentions politicians not even letting us take any steps to working on environmental problems.  The next song is for anyone who had to be evacuated)
13. Untitled
14. MFC
15. Amongst The Waves
16. Jeremy
17. Do The Evolution
18. Black
19. Go
20. Porch

Encore Break
(Ed talks about the earth and environment.  He mentions a member of French Pearl Jam family of fans.  A man named Thierry was meant to come to the show in 2020 but couldn’t come to this because he is hospitalized. Ed wants him to fight to get better because we need him)

21. Alive
22. Baba O’Riley-(Townshend)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.
Tagged:

Comments

• yoyoyoyo France Posts: 310
    edited July 2022
    Merci pearl jam d'être venu à notre fête !!!!
    See you soon
    Beautiful show
    thanks u
    Cant wait next... both amsterdam for me
    Post edited by yoyo on
    1996-PARIS
    2000-PARIS
    2006-ANVERS-MARSEILLE-PARIS
    2007-LONDRES-NIJMEGEN-WERCHTER
    2008-ED SOLO-LOS ANGELES1-LOS ANGELES2
    2009-LONDRES
    2010-DUBLIN-ARRAS
    2012-AMSTERDAM1-ARRAS-STOCKHOLM-OSLO-COPENHAGUE
    2014-MILAN
    2017-ED SOLO-AMSTERDAM1
    2018-ROME
    2022-PARIS-AMSTERDAM1(Canceled)-AMSTERDAM2
    2024-BERLIN1-BERLIN2-BARCELONE1-BARCELONE2
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    edited July 2022
    Quietest thread ever  
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    nicknyr15 said:
    Quietest thread ever  
    French people in general have a hard time with English.. guessing that's why

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    nicknyr15 said:
    Quietest thread ever  
    Could be. The hype for these shows in general seem so much lower than usual. 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,705
    Probably  not mamy 10c went
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 924
    Seems like not a lot of info going around. Here’s a little bit on what happened there - https://liveon4legs.com/pearl-jam-tour-history/2022/07/18/july-17-2022-lollapalooza-longchamp-racecourse-paris-fra/
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2022
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Quietest thread ever  
    I imagine people have moved over to other forums (facebook etc) more and more each year. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Quietest thread ever  
    I imagine people have moved over to other forums (facebook etc) more and more each year. 
    Yup! A lot more activity on facebook for sure

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • IkePetitIkePetit Posts: 14
    edited July 2022
    Great show and setlist for a festival!!! Even the band was suprised by the atmosphere!!!

If you guys wants some reviews, you can go to the FB group : Pearl Jamily France, there's a lot of reviews and pictures from the Paris Show.
    1996 : Paris (Le Zénith)  /  2000Paris (Bercy)  /  2006 : Marseille (Le Dôme), Paris (Bercy)  /  2010 : Arras (Main Square)
    2012 : Arras (Main Square), Berlin I & II (O2 World)  /  2014 : Berlin (Wuhlheide)  /  2018 : Kraków (Tauron Arena), Barcelona (Palau Sant Jordi)
    2022 : Zürich (Hallenstadion), Paris (Lollapalooza) 
  • wimbeldinowimbeldino Posts: 28
    Eddie said apparently „see you next year“? Is that true any rumours already? 
  • yoyoyoyo France Posts: 310
    IkePetit said:
    Great show and setlist for a festival!!! Even the band was suprised by the atmosphere!!!

If you guys wants some reviews, you can go to the FB group : Pearl Jamily France, there's a lot of reviews and pictures from the Paris Show.
    Yeah ! 
    1996-PARIS
    2000-PARIS
    2006-ANVERS-MARSEILLE-PARIS
    2007-LONDRES-NIJMEGEN-WERCHTER
    2008-ED SOLO-LOS ANGELES1-LOS ANGELES2
    2009-LONDRES
    2010-DUBLIN-ARRAS
    2012-AMSTERDAM1-ARRAS-STOCKHOLM-OSLO-COPENHAGUE
    2014-MILAN
    2017-ED SOLO-AMSTERDAM1
    2018-ROME
    2022-PARIS-AMSTERDAM1(Canceled)-AMSTERDAM2
    2024-BERLIN1-BERLIN2-BARCELONE1-BARCELONE2
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737
    edited July 2022
    Please not the festival. Poor location, poor way to pay for food&drinks, poor stage set-up, no front section. No front section, lets do one big section. Play Bercy than!
    Post edited by Robbert on
  • IkePetitIkePetit Posts: 14
    edited July 2022
    That's right, he said that. I've heard him say that at several shows and it doesn't necessarily mean that PJ will be in Europe next year. Maybe a solo tour in Europe next year with a concert in Paris. Fingers crossed!!!
    Post edited by IkePetit on
    1996 : Paris (Le Zénith)  /  2000Paris (Bercy)  /  2006 : Marseille (Le Dôme), Paris (Bercy)  /  2010 : Arras (Main Square)
    2012 : Arras (Main Square), Berlin I & II (O2 World)  /  2014 : Berlin (Wuhlheide)  /  2018 : Kraków (Tauron Arena), Barcelona (Palau Sant Jordi)
    2022 : Zürich (Hallenstadion), Paris (Lollapalooza) 
  • Restless SoulRestless Soul Posts: 809
    edited July 2022
    Gutted that we went to Vienna which got cancelled and are now in Prague and it’s just been cancelled! Why didn’t the Paris organisers not cancel this festival if they knew there were forest fire smoke affecting the city?? Have any other artists at this festival been as badly affected as Eddie? I’ve read even fans there had suffered from voice loss. Anyway  I think the Paris organisers should be sued for negligence or something as it’s now having an adverse affect on the health of artists and customers, and a knock on affect on shows we have booked and travelled for… they should have taken note of the potential situation in Paris and cancelled in advance to protect people’s health.. just my 2 cents…
    Post edited by Restless Soul on
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Gutted that we went to Vienna which got cancelled and are now in Prague and it’s just been cancelled! Why didn’t the Paris organisers not cancel this festival if they knew there were forest fire smoke affecting the city?? Have any other artists at this festival been as badly affected as Eddie? I’ve read even fans there had suffered from voice loss. Anyway  I think the Paris organisers should be sued for negligence or something as it’s now having an adverse affect on the health of artists and customers, and a knock on affect on shows we have booked and travelled for… they should have took note of the potential situation in Paris and cancelled in advance to protect people’s health.. just my 2 cents…
    you should hire an attorney
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • DL136722DL136722 Not sure... Posts: 635
    Gutted that we went to Vienna which got cancelled and are now in Prague and it’s just been cancelled! Why didn’t the Paris organisers not cancel this festival if they knew there were forest fire smoke affecting the city?? Have any other artists at this festival been as badly affected as Eddie? I’ve read even fans there had suffered from voice loss. Anyway  I think the Paris organisers should be sued for negligence or something as it’s now having an adverse affect on the health of artists and customers, and a knock on affect on shows we have booked and travelled for… they should have took note of the potential situation in Paris and cancelled in advance to protect people’s health.. just my 2 cents…
    you should hire an attorney
    🤣
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
    About the voice loss you are right, i had it after 4 or 5 songs. Couldnt sing more than one line a song, never got it before. Trouble breathing. Back in the hotel i spitted sand for like an hour. The place looked like a sandstorm in the Sahara dessert. 
    edited July 2022
    This concert is the Lament configuration of pearl jam shows. 

Bury it deep in the vault and make the world forget about it. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Maybe an idea for Vault #12? :)
    Robbert said:

Maybe an idea for Vault #12? :)

• aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    I was at the festival and the issue came more from the dust coming from several hot and dry days than from the wild fires (that were huge in the south west of France but not close to Paris).
    I am usually not the last one to critique my country but the festival set-up was not unusual or not safe. Eddie vocal issues most likely come from a combination of factors but the festival is not the only cause. Plenty of other artists play during these two dates and I am not aware of similar issues for them.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • jt1979jt1979 Posts: 19
    I was there too. We noticed early on that Eddie wasn't hitting the higher notes and held back more as the night went on, not that it was hugely noticeable but in hindsight he was not 100%. It was a great show, we did both London ones the weekend before too and it was as enjoyable.

The festival was as hot as hell and very, very dusty. I would have thought this would have affected him as it affected us. I didn't know about forest fires until later this week, didn't notice any smoke in the air. 

I'm gutted for those that are missing out on gigs. Travelling to foreign lands is expensive these days, however the cities are incredible and have lots to do but you still aren't doing ultimately what you went there for. I hope that they make it to Amsterdam and finish the European Tour on a high. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    jt1979 said:
    I was there too. We noticed early on that Eddie wasn't hitting the higher notes and held back more as the night went on, not that it was hugely noticeable but in hindsight he was not 100%. It was a great show, we did both London ones the weekend before too and it was as enjoyable.

The festival was as hot as hell and very, very dusty. I would have thought this would have affected him as it affected us. I didn't know about forest fires until later this week, didn't notice any smoke in the air. 

I'm gutted for those that are missing out on gigs. Travelling to foreign lands is expensive these days, however the cities are incredible and have lots to do but you still aren't doing ultimately what you went there for. I hope that they make it to Amsterdam and finish the European Tour on a high. 
    Crazy....I will say that the Louisville festival might have a similar atmosphere. It is generally hot, dry and dusty as hell there.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville