*** Pearl Jam Krakow, Poland Fanviews 7/14/22 ***

2»

Comments

• PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    JPPJ84 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Trying to see what Dimitri was talking about with RVM. I expected a lot worse. Musically seemed good however EV clearly could not sing the bridge or outro. Maybe thats the main reason it’s not played much anymore. 
    That’s what I was thinking. The crowd was singing it for him. Sounded good from where I was standing and sounds fine watching it on YouTube 
    Yeah it sounds good. Not unusual for a singer to back off a bit to save his voice.

That's the reason they don't play Habit. Ed had said on stage at PJ20 that it's the kind of song that takes it all out of you.
    They should do "slow habit".. 

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    I think 10c has its fair share of ass hats
    For sure.. but most of the super drunk people and crowdsurfers are not 10c members (in my experience)
    True
    People rushing everything in front of them when Mike gimmicky throws out picks are 10C members though.
    Thats not and never has been an issue at any show ive been to. Its all been friendly  and mostly people  pass them around. I know  i did.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2022
    I think 10c has its fair share of ass hats
    For sure.. but most of the super drunk people and crowdsurfers are not 10c members (in my experience)
    True
    People rushing everything in front of them when Mike gimmicky throws out picks are 10C members though.
    Thats not and never has been an issue at any show ive been to. Its all been friendly  and mostly people  pass them around. I know  i did.
    I admit it was crazier at KISS in Gothenburg, when two old men were actually fighting on the floor over a Gene pick. But from my experience people turn into Gollum at the end of Return of the King as soon as Mike takes a step towards the crowd. Whether they share a pic or two after the fact doesn't negate the aggressiveness and the My precioussssssss-ness 

Below pictured: Last shot of a tenclubber with his pick, at the Pearl Jam concert played at the Hekla volcano on Iceland, summer 2023.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Zootrum said:
    Zootrum said:
    Me again: Would love to trade a Krakow poster for one from Budapest. 
    Yes, we enjoyed the show though personally I would have loved hearing more deep cuts instead of some those warhorses.
    Now on to explore Krakow.

Do you have multiple?
    Bought another one for my girlfriend but she would be happy to give it away just to see me less distressed....

if you’re prepared to sell one, I’d be interested. No worries if not though.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    I think  its great mike interacts.  It makes for a great  experience  . Pre covid  he would come along  the rail and let people strum his guitar and the like.  For me its a great time.  I haven't  found  much aggression  more friendliness  than anything i would  report. The picks are a plenty so no need for people who queued up all day together  to fight. Other gigs people may fight. But  actually  because  mike throws so many they are npt rare enough for friends to fight. What is stupid and unnecessary is smashing into eachother  and crowd surfing.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Band was great. This was the last of my small summer run. Did the two at Hyde Park, Budapest and Krakow. I can’t rate the shows because proximity and who you’re there with and stuff has so much of an impact on your experience. Not going to go song by song but will just share some thoughts. 

I will just say that I was 10 club GA and we waited in line and got in early and everyone in front of us was super friendly and polite. Then the show started and there was a violent surge from behind. 4 or 5 guys that just kept pushing into my sister and me. Porch was bad. I yelled for them to stop and one of them yelled that it’s a fucking rock concert. This one guy was just leaning into me. All his weight. When evolution started, the shoving began again. I grabbed my sister and we got out. They cheered in triumph. What a shame. I do think the separated GA sections would have solved this for me specifically. 🤷‍♂️ 

The show was great otherwise. So happy to have the guys touring and having fun. Agree a bit about the encores being the part that is the letdown, but others have said it, the casual fan loves them, so it’s a me problem. Looking forward to two more in the states in the fall. RITFW was perfect for that arena last night. Knowing what’s going on next door in Ukraine, it was an uplifting end to my string of shows and everyone mostly seemed very happy with the celebration of life that occurs at Pearl Jam shows. 
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    The setlist may look avarage but the show was very intense. Great gig. No or very little complaints. Hard To Imagine, Who Ever Said , 7 O'Clock, RVM and SMILE were awesome. 3-4 song changes and it would be epic. 2018 shows still better than 2022 but they are better and better. 
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    RW8297 said:
    The setlist may look avarage but the show was very intense. Great gig. No or very little complaints. Hard To Imagine, Who Ever Said , 7 O'Clock, RVM and SMILE were awesome. 3-4 song changes and it would be epic. 2018 shows still better than 2022 but they are better and better. 
    I agree 100%. That version of Immortality was epic too. Porch felt fresher being at number 2. Finally got Sometimes too which was great! 

But the second encore of River Cross, Alive and RITFW felt more poignant with everything going on in Ukraine. Combined with the intense energy from the crowd (best I’ve seen at a PJ show), it made for a truly amazing experience. 

Any future arena shows in Poland and I’m there!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    I'm convinced we've got "Ghost" on the horizon. It's just so good. 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 692
    Seems like one of (if not) the best set lists so far… 😧🤯