*** Pearl Jam Budapest, Hungary Fanviews 7/12/22 ***

13»

Comments

• ZootrumZootrum Posts: 47
    Hi guys, this is probably rather hopeless, but does anyone have a Budapest poster to give away? I am frustrated. I would like to have all 5 stations covered. But after over an hour, the guy in front of me got the last two. Now on to Krakow.
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737
    Zootrum said:
    Hi guys, this is probably rather hopeless, but does anyone have a Budapest poster to give away? I am frustrated. I would like to have all 5 stations covered. But after over an hour, the guy in front of me got the last two. Now on to Krakow.
    Thats the big problem. 2 a person. Some things will never change
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2022
    Why did posters sell out like they did at this show like it did, and not earlier shows? 

I mean, the arena didn't look big at all and it wasn't even sold out(?)

So why was it a problem this time around...

How does the poster logic work. Did they print less posters to Budapest to save on the Tenclub shipping or what?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    What i also see as a problem, is that the outside merch is for everyone ( even for people who dont give a f#$k about PJ. I saw people in line 
    1. Who i for sure know dont have a ticket
    2. Get some and get back in line again.
    Why wont they let you show youre ticket?
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    Robbert said:
    What i also see as a problem, is that the outside merch is for everyone ( even for people who dont give a f#$k about PJ. I saw people in line 
    I don't know if they winged it or if it was the plan, but in Frankfurt the 10club line was let inside the venue at 2pm to buy merch in groups of about 20 at a time.. afterwards we went back outside and reformed the line.. it worked really well and everybody got what they wanted

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
    edited July 2022
    Robbert said:
    I walked along that line a lot waiting for the slowest line in mankind to move, I saw a lot of people. I never saw these people your refer to. Not something I picked up in. Most people I saw were wearing Pearl Jam attire. Or seemed to be fans.

Also, if someone "gets some" and gets back in line, they are 4,5 km and 7 hours away from buying again with how the merchline was handled in Budapest.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited July 2022
    Robbert said:
    I walked along that line a lot waiting for the slowest line in mankind to move, I saw a lot of people. I never saw these people your refer to. Not something I picked up in. Most people I saw were wearing Pearl Jam attire. Or seemed to be fans.

Also, if someone "gets some" and gets back in line, they are 4,5 km and 7 hours away from buying again with how the merchline was handled in Budapest.
    I was there from 15.00 to around 16.45, and the line was not that big. Think about 40 a 50 people constantly.

However, the merch inside was good. Not everybody in one big crowd, a good and clear line
    Post edited by Robbert on
  • ZootrumZootrum Posts: 47
    Could trade one Krakow poster for a Budapest. Anyone? Could meet in Vienna....
    edited July 2022
    Zootrum said:
    Could trade one Krakow poster for a Budapest. Anyone? Could meet in Vienna....
    https://youtu.be/B8T0x0I90K4
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    Robbert said:
    I don't know if they winged it or if it was the plan, but in Frankfurt the 10club line was let inside the venue at 2pm to buy merch in groups of about 20 at a time.. afterwards we went back outside and reformed the line.. it worked really well and everybody got what they wanted
    Was this as well as outside merch?  Me and Steph didn’t have 10c for this show and flew in on day due to lack of holidays and childcare!   Raced from hotel to venue for doors but everything was gone event wise by 18.20…
    it  was a Shame at the time but we managed to get the A/P poster next day so very happy! 
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    Robbert said:
    Was this as well as outside merch?  Me and Steph didn’t have 10c for this show and flew in on day due to lack of holidays and childcare!   Raced from hotel to venue for doors but everything was gone event wise by 18.20…
    it  was a Shame at the time but we managed to get the A/P poster next day so very happy! 
    I don't think there was any outside merch.. glad you got the a/p! It's a great poster

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
    Good view of the arena. 

• tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    Robbert said:
    I don't think there was any outside merch.. glad you got the a/p! It's a great poster
    There was outside merch but it was a nightmare. Opened late, service was unbelievably slow and then they sold out of posters, event tees and pin badges early and didn’t restock. Not a great experience for most in the queue.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    I don't know about the merch situation in other cities but in Budapest we decided to drive back to the hotel after seeing an endless line of people waiting for the merch tent to open around 1 pm. We got everything we needed inside the arena. There were 2 merchandising "shops" inside and we were done within 15 minutes after entering the Budapest arena. Beside that, picking up my TC tickets at 5 pm..i was the only person there...enjoy the city...come late...everything is fine unless you want to be first row
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 646
    fl247556 said:
    I like too when jeff and Mike laughting about eddie tambourins throw.

Question : is exist another show with slow lukin ??
    New  york?
    Denver 2014
  • StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    Pearl Jam 2/4 - Budapest
    Wash as an opener! Never heard Wash before! Then Why Go, Brain of J (hell yeah!!), Corduroy and 1/2 Full - only five songs in and you know for a fact it is going to be a unique setlist. And it was! A lot of tour debut songs. I’m Open!! (in their whole history this song has been played live only 13 times!) Black is just an anthem I will never get tired of hearing live and it always is a soul-ripper, Imnotcryingyourecrying & goosebumps cemented when 15k+ people sing tu-ru-ru-tu-ru-ru-ru. Slow Lukin into normal Lukin. Madness. How do they do this every freakin’ time? Eddie is a setlist magician and the way he goes from song to song with stories, smart remarks, jokes or dedications it’s just so authentic and the way he means it, really cares - that is what makes the difference. 
    I have to admit I miss the second encore when things sum up to a total of 27-28-30+ songs, now 5-6 song less feel like significant dent. (But we are spoiled, it is still a 2hr show!).
    Had also a few word & gesture exchanges with Mike McCready (an truly inexhaustible well of melodic yet fiery solos). Being so close to stage (2nd row) consequently means that my guitar pick memorabilia collection is expanded again. Happy, happy place! 😊🤘
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

• fl247556fl247556 Posts: 265
    So only 3 times ever for slow lukin ?
    NY (year ?)
    DENVER 2014
    BUDAPEST 2022
    freddie vedder
  • Fred60Fred60 Posts: 17
    fl247556 said:
    So only 3 times ever for slow lukin ?
    NY (year ?)
    DENVER 2014
    BUDAPEST 2022
    NY 5/21/ 2010
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,355
    The bootleg sounds great. I'm only up to Even Flow but so far the guitars are prominent and crunchy, Ed is clear and sounding great, and Matt in particular is very clear in the mix. 

One of the better versions of "Wash" I've heard.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    Yes, I thought it was a great version of Wash. Holding off for a potential box set before buying the boots. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    I'm trying to become a documentary film maker ;)

Slow Lukin through Porch

"...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Budapest wins so far. WoW!!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Budapest wins so far. WoW!!
     epic show
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • CS236571CS236571 Posts: 4
    https://youtu.be/nDKc7Pegdas

Great fan compilation of the show!