07/14/22
Show
Set List

intro music: Cat Power-The Greatest 8:51
band onstage 8:53
band offstage  11:16

01. Sometimes
02. Porch
(We won’t play a place that is more important on the world stage than tonight. Briefly mentions the tragedy in Ukraine and says something, presumably obscene, in Polish directed at Putin.)
03. Do The Evolution
04. Quick Escape
05. Dissident
06. Buckle Up
(A person in crowd gets medical attention.  Ed suggests some medicinal wine but doctors do not prescribe)
07. Even Flow
08. Seven O’Clock
09. Immortality
(Groups doing incredible work we want to mention. Sean Penn’s group is called CORE.  Volunteers from Krakow and Ukraine are here tonight)
10. Corduroy
11. Jeremy
(Ed feels that a microphone commutes a lot of responsibility onto people who use them.  He suggests legal ramifications for people who tell lies.  The internet is like a microphone and needs to be used responsibly.  He encourages people to tell the truth and to stop wars)
12. Unthought Known
13. Once
14. Who Ever Said { (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction-(Jagger, Richards) sung in style of Devo. just a line 20 seconds or less)
(This is request.  If you don’t like it, it ain’t our fault)
15. Hard To Imagine
16. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break
Not being able to play has made the band appreciate playing shows in places like this.
Guests here tonight are from the Ukrainian consulate and other people (mostly woman) who are helping people come into Poland from Ukraine and get fed.
Olga Lany - Fundacja Kocham Debniki (I love Debniki Foundation)
Agnieszka Korsak - Fundacja Let's Help Together
Kasia Pilitowska - Zupa dla Ukrainy (Soup for Ukraine Foundation)

17. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) (2:30)
18. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town {played to crowd behind stage. Ed thanks security for being mellow as people get excited and maneuver to see and be seen)
19. Smile
(This is a song about borders, maybe wishing there wasn’t borders.  Help me out and take some nice pictures of people with their phones up.  Put it on the internet and get some truth out)
20. River Cross
21. Alive (Ed waves a Ukraine flag)
22. Rocking In The Free World-(Young)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.

Thank you @radar for posting the names and organizations

Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,355
    That was FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    The Rock said:
    That was FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC.
    Good to hear!

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    The obscene was in Ukrainian. 

An abundance of idiots where we were pushing aggressively through, female friends had to leave the spots because men kept crushing, barging and they left their spots as well. 

If you want to be up front, queue, be respectful, take care of each other. Don’t c*** about and plan your assault through loud enough for everyone to hear just because you reckon you’re a bit special. 
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Sometimes I think they're f**king with us and I love it if they are - laughed so hard when they played Porch 2nd song in.

Who Ever Said > Hard To Imagine > RVM was just brilliant (Who Ever Said is fantastic live)

Realised just how much I missed RVM - nothing beats it to head into encore break IMHO.

Loved it, absolutely loved it.
    Finsbury Park '92 | Brixton 1 '93 | Wembley 2 '96 | Wembley 1&2 '00 | Reading, Paris '06 | Munich, Wembley '07 | Shepherds Bush, Berlin, Manchester, London '09 | Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park '10 | Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1, Copenhagen, Atlanta '12 | Brooklyn 2, Philly 1&2, LA 1&2 '13 | Amsterdam 1&2, Vienna, Berlin '14 | Central Park, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, Mexico City '15 | Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Wrigley 1&2 '16 | London 1, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, London 2, Fenway 2 '18 | Oakland 1&2, Berlin, Zurich, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam '22 | St. Paul 1&2, Chicago 1&2 '23 |
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,130
    Im not a massive gigaton fan but every song ive now heard is so much better live than on the record, really enjoying all of them 
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    IamTom said:
    The obscene was in Ukrainian. 

An abundance of idiots where we were pushing aggressively through, female friends had to leave the spots because men kept crushing, barging and they left their spots as well. 

If you want to be up front, queue, be respectful, take care of each other. Don’t c*** about and plan your assault through loud enough for everyone to hear just because you reckon you’re a bit special. 
    100% agree.

I moved halfway back through the venue for Pearl Jam due to this shit. Stage was very low though, making it difficult to see them.

However, despite all that, the show was amazing.

Pretty upset that there were no posters though, or Krakow t shirts. I know there were, but sold out at outdoor merchandise stand very quickly, and nowhere to be seen when got into the venue too. Ah well, such is life.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    edited July 2022
    show 4/6 this tour, 10c seats/seated for the first time. While Porch at 2nd spot was fun and promised some welcome changes I wasn't so happy with the first half of the set. Many repeats from Budapest, not really my choice of songs and there was a lot of talking and interruptions (of course necessary for safety as the floor looked really packed). 

With 7 o'clock / immortality it got much, much better... Lot's of great sounding Gigaton (Who Ever Said!), RVM, HTI!! 

But my real highlight of the show was surprisingly RITFW... Usually it's not my favourite choice in encores (overplayed) but at this time in this place with all the Ukrainian context given and the flag on the screens and on Ed it was simply the perfect song and the most emotional, memorable performance of it I have witnessed! Also saw the setlist picture on social media: was this the first time it was noted as "Free World" instead of "Rockin" :)
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    Incredible the sets are getting better & better & great to hear Immortality Smile Hard to Imagine Dissident & finally RVM. It got a bit rough at times & Mike was really concerned during Corduroy about the section I was in & virtually stopped playing. The energy they give out is incredible 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    The crowd looked epic from the seating area, if very tight at the front. Loads of energy from the crowd from front to back. Great to see it rocking down the front too. 

This was one of my favourite shows ever. Possibly top 3. So many highlights from Sometimes, a brilliant Immortality, Hard to Imagine, Seven O’Clock and the return in RVM. RITFW meant so much more. Ed holding the Ukrainian flag and the whole arena in full voice was a special moment. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    1. Did Mike wear a mask?

2. What tshirt did Jeff wear?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    1. Did Mike wear a mask?

2. What tshirt did Jeff wear?

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,355
    BALLBOY said:
    Incredible the sets are getting better & better & great to hear Immortality Smile Hard to Imagine Dissident & finally RVM. It got a bit rough at times & Mike was really concerned during Corduroy about the section I was in & virtually stopped playing. The energy they give out is incredible 
    I noticed too that Mike suddenly became very stationary and looked bored as hell playing Corduroy. Makes sense that he wasn't trying to rile the crowd up further. Next song he was back to being a madman.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    The Rock said:
    BALLBOY said:
    I noticed too that Mike suddenly became very stationary and looked bored as hell playing Corduroy. Makes sense that he wasn't trying to rile the crowd up further. Next song he was back to being a madman.
    I’m glad we decided on Stone’s side. We were in 4th row, very relaxed crowd, just singing, jumping and clapping, having a blast 
  • radarradar Posts: 767
    I’ve asked for permission and the names are:
    Olga Lany - Fundacja Kocham Debniki (I love Debniki foundation)
    Agnieszka Korsak - Fundacja Let's Help Together
    Kasia Pilitowska - Zupa dla Ukrainy (Soup for Ukraine Foudnation)
    anyone interested in contact / support pls hit me with pm
    thabkyou!
  • ZootrumZootrum Posts: 47
    Me again: Would love to trade a Krakow poster for one from Budapest. 
    Yes, we enjoyed the show though personally I would have loved hearing more deep cuts instead of some those warhorses.
    Now on to explore Krakow.

• ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Zootrum said:
    Yes, we enjoyed the show though personally I would have loved hearing more deep cuts instead of some those warhorses.

Do you have multiple?
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    The Rock said:
    BALLBOY said:
    He had through picks into the crowd before Corduroy & the was a mad rush for them & got very rough in general during the show 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
    edited July 2022
    nvm
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    It seems like every show lately there is a problem in the GA section with someone in distress or assholes being assholes. Maybe it’s time we go back to seats throughout and no more GA. I personally would love this. No more waiting all day outside. No more problems. Just a fucking rock show. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,696
    A rock show in  seat? No thanks 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    It seems like every show lately there is a problem in the GA section with someone in distress or assholes being assholes. Maybe it’s time we go back to seats throughout and no more GA. I personally would love this. No more waiting all day outside. No more problems. Just a fucking rock show. 
    I would hate this! 

A closed off 10c area would solve 90% of the asshole behavior..

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    I would hate this! 

A closed off 10c area would solve 90% of the asshole behavior..
    lol
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    I think 10c has its fair share of ass hats
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    For sure.. but most of the super drunk people and crowdsurfers are not 10c members (in my experience)

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Trying to see what Dimitri was talking about with RVM. I expected a lot worse. Musically seemed good however EV clearly could not sing the bridge or outro. Maybe thats the main reason it’s not played much anymore. 
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    nicknyr15 said:
    Trying to see what Dimitri was talking about with RVM. I expected a lot worse. Musically seemed good however EV clearly could not sing the bridge or outro. Maybe thats the main reason it’s not played much anymore. 
    That’s what I was thinking. The crowd was singing it for him. Sounded good from where I was standing and sounds fine watching it on YouTube 
    For sure.. but most of the super drunk people and crowdsurfers are not 10c members (in my experience)
    True
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• ZootrumZootrum Posts: 47
    Zootrum said:

Do you have multiple?
    Bought another one for my girlfriend but she would be happy to give it away just to see me less distressed....
    edited July 2022
    True
    People rushing everything in front of them when Mike gimmicky throws out picks are 10C members though.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    JPPJ84 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    That’s what I was thinking. The crowd was singing it for him. Sounded good from where I was standing and sounds fine watching it on YouTube 
    Yeah it sounds good. Not unusual for a singer to back off a bit to save his voice.

That's the reason they don't play Habit. Ed had said on stage at PJ20 that it's the kind of song that takes it all out of you.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville