*** Pearl Jam Zurich, Switzerland Fanviews 6/23/22 ***

Comments

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,439
    Cool pictures, thanks!!
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,700
    stardawg said:
    I'm really happy with the show last night. I loved the slow start with Release. Crazy Mary was epic! The crowd (I stood just behind the FOH area) was right there from the beginning and seemed to enjoy every second of the evening. The band seemed to notice that and the connection between the audience and the band was strong and positive. That's not a given for a Swiss show.
    What annoyed me were Dimitri's disrespectful comments about the show and the people. 'Dead crowd'? 'Ed talks shit in German'? I think that's not worthy of the band and their fans.
    How were his comments disrespectful? It’s HIS experience of the show. You had a great time? Cool. Why does it matter what his experience was ? 
  • Options
    aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    If you look at the show on paper, there is not much in there…but if you were in the FOS you have gone through a wonderful show with a respectful crowd and fans singing their lungs out. Great experience.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Options
    severinlseverinl Posts: 21
    If you look at the show on paper, there is not much in there…but if you were in the FOS you have gone through a wonderful show with a respectful crowd and fans singing their lungs out. Great experience.
    Exactly this, we had 2 people with us who were not familiar with the band at all and they were fascinated by how into it the crowd was (and the band as well). 

We had an absolute blast, had a much better time than in Berlin and FOS crowd was simply amazing. 

I also felt the band was into it apart from the meh crowd-reaction pre 7 o'clock which really seemed to piss eddie off.

I only have vienna left on this tour and I can only hope that the crowd will be as good as FOS-Zürich Crowd
  • Options
    stardawgstardawg Posts: 34
    nicknyr15 said:
    stardawg said:
    I'm really happy with the show last night. I loved the slow start with Release. Crazy Mary was epic! The crowd (I stood just behind the FOH area) was right there from the beginning and seemed to enjoy every second of the evening. The band seemed to notice that and the connection between the audience and the band was strong and positive. That's not a given for a Swiss show.
    What annoyed me were Dimitri's disrespectful comments about the show and the people. 'Dead crowd'? 'Ed talks shit in German'? I think that's not worthy of the band and their fans.
    How were his comments disrespectful? It’s HIS experience of the show. You had a great time? Cool. Why does it matter what his experience was ? 

It's because he assumes a role of spokesman for the fanview of this tour.
    I'd expect him to take a more objective position.
    It's disrespectful to call a crowd dead a couple of minutes into a show.
    I just don't like the attitude.
    Zurich, Volkshaus - Jun 18, 1992 / Zurich, Hallenstadion - Nov 09, 1996 / Zurich, Hallenstadion - Jun 23, 2000 / Berne, Arena - Sep 13, 2006 / Manchester, MEN Arena - Jun 20 & 21, 2012 / Zurich, Hallenstadion - Jun 23, 2022
  • Options
    stardawg said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    stardawg said:

Fair enough but I don’t view him as a spokesman for these threads at all. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,946
    stardawg said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    stardawg said:

If Dimi said the crowd was dead it was dead.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Release 11Release 11 Posts: 77
    nicknyr15 said:
    stardawg said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    stardawg said:

So you can say a crowd is good but Dimi can’t say that they are bad? 

92 Roskilde
    96 Cork, Dublin, London x 2
    00 Barcelona, Stockholm
    03 Uniondale
    06 Verona, Milan
    07 London, Copenhagen
    09 Berlin
    10 Dublin, Belfast
    11 Alpine Valley x 2
    12 Amsterdam x 2, Stockholm, Oslo
    13 Brooklyn x 2
    14 Amsterdam x 2, Berlin, Stockholm
    16 MSG x 2
    18 Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    22 Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    stardawg said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    stardawg said:

So you can say a crowd is good but Dimi can’t say that they are bad? 

Exactly. Makes no sense that people get upset and want to filter out comments if they aren’t the same opinion as theirs. Weird 
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    Some people just want to watch the world burn.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,928
    edited June 2022
    nvm
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    stardawg said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    stardawg said:

He was most likely not in FOS or if so, his expectations are way too high for a crowd of 40/50
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Options
    Who cares. Enjoy yourselves. Fuck anyone else saying how you are or should be. 

On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    stardawg said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    stardawg said:

Big failure for Pearl jam if so. With 30-35 years of live experience, if they can’t make this monoloth of a crowd works than they have failed. 

Maybe the key could have been to play more from Riot Act 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,556
    floor looks packed in the pics.  hope my shorty wife will be able to see if we hang in the back.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,946
    stardawg said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    stardawg said:

Big failure for Pearl jam if so. With 30-35 years of live experience, if they can’t make this monoloth of a crowd works than they have failed. 

Maybe the key could have been to play more from Riot Act 
    at least Ole or The End
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    edited June 2022
    I disagree, on paper there are quite a few gems in there.  I've seen PJ a lot over the years and I found this set list sweet for the most part.  Release, Crazy Mary, Immortality, Given to Fly, In Hiding, Present Tense . . .SWEEEET
    Post edited by PureandEasy on
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    edited June 2022

On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
    Now THAT right there is a quote from my 3rd favorite movie of all time, that I'll come out of hibernation to say - well played, sir.
    Post edited by Kloddz on
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    edited June 2022
    I also couldn't disagree more with anyone saying that this show was anything but amazing (I was on the rail, right where myself and the rest of the dead crowd were singing our lungs out to every dam song) - but I haven't been to 64 PJ shows either and went to only this one on this tour, and thus enjoy hearing the songs that got me into this band in the first place sprinkled in with the rarities, so there's no point for me to be arguing against the elite, I guess... 🤷🏻‍♂️

P.S.: The image from last night that will stick with me the most is the bright smile on the face of the 13-year old (or so) kid next to me that got a tambourine from Ed (and on Ed's face when he saw that the kid caught it) - that boy, I assure you, will have a favorite band for the rest of his life, and did not complain about the 20 song (plus 3 tags) set list. But I'm sure there's someone out there that got a drumstick from Dave A in 1992, and that's so much more awesome than that.
    Post edited by Kloddz on
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    LenzLenz Posts: 89
    we had a great time yesterday, thank you all. And I like shorter shows like 15/20+ years ago as well (almost feels a little retro).

I don’t understand the complaints - especially those mentioned in the setlist thread. If somebody is bored from the PJ hits / classics most people who attend the shows are coming for, he/she should think of attending less shows. (listening to Bee Girl live never makes live experience better) 
  • Options

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,848
    You people who think dimi is anything  more than a fan are delusional.  He is me. You . And us . A fan nothing  more. Nothing  less . A guy from Greece giving  his opinion.  Not some insider just a guy like any of us. Just leave  him alone 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    severinlseverinl Posts: 21
    Lenz said:

I think I stood directly behind you, when you took this pic... 
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    You people who think dimi is anything  more than a fan are delusional.  He is me. You . And us . A fan nothing  more. Nothing  less . A guy from Greece giving  his opinion.  Not some insider just a guy like any of us. Just leave  him alone 
    Exactly! We are sharing some great memories in the past! And it's always good to have him around when the "tour light switch" turns to "on". :)
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    severinl said:
    Lenz said:

I think I stood directly behind you, when you took this pic... 
    I took during the Opener/Release and then went back to Stone‘s side
  • Options
    timbo1972timbo1972 Posts: 319
    Set was shooter as they had support. Like a few years ago with MMJ and then X. Though the set list was good, Release as an opener is a favourite. You can be snotty about rarities and over use of Ten Tracks, but that’s but that’s a bit of elitism creeping in. On the night, band in great form, lots of interaction between them all, great solos and improv and a crowd that was up for it and didn’t leave early for transport. Top evening.
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
  • Options
    kuenstnerkuenstner Zurich, CH Posts: 21
    edited June 2022
    We were standing in the middle of the FOS area and had a wonderful time. There was enough space to dance and the overall vibe in our vicinity was awesome. Shoutout to the two guys from Milano we met - you're awesome, you know who you are :) . By swiss standards, the participation was really, really good  :D

The sound quality was on-point and I thought Ed's voice sounded amazing. The band seems to have a lot of fun - Josh playing off of Jeff and Stone, Mike solo-duelling Boom, Ed signing stuff from fans in the first row during the show and taking requests for the shows to come ;)

At the end, when Ed was throwing the tambourines, everybody surrounding the kid (who enjoyed the show on the shoulders of his father - you're a hero, man), were pointing at the kid until Ed saw it. He threw it and the kid caught it. Ed was visibly amazed - an awesome sight. Generally, everybody we met was really nice and welcoming - either queueing for the 10C tickets, during the hours before the show in the FOS area, or during the after-show beer.

Despite the "short" setlist, it was again a breathtaking evening. You can easily forget what an amazing live band they are. I've seen a lot of shows from other artists and being able to spontaneously add a song mid-set (Animal), having such a high degree of variety in the setlists from show to show, or creating show-based artwork/shirts/stickers isn't something you see a lot these days. I think we sometimes forget, how spoiled we are  :p

---
    2000-06-23 Zurich
    2006-09-13 Bern
    2007-06-12 Munich
    2012-06-20 Manchester I
    2012-06-21 Manchester II
    2014-06-20 Milano
    2022-06-23 Zurich
  • Options
    KevboeKevboe Posts: 1
    Would have loved to be there.  My wife and I had tickets to attend the original date for our 30th wedding anniversary.  But given schedules and challenges; couldn't pull it off.  Hope you all had a great time!
  • Options
    Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 928
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Options
    fiofitzfiofitz Posts: 8
    edited June 2022
    kuenstner said:
    At the end, when Ed was throwing the tambourines, everybody surrounding the kid (who enjoyed the show on the shoulders of his father - you're a hero, man), were pointing at the kid until Ed saw it. He threw it and the kid caught it. Ed was visibly amazed - an awesome sight.

Such a lovely moment, and the other kid who caught a tambourine before - special moments :smile:

We were in the middle of the FOS area too, the people around us were great - I love that no-one was going in and out to the bar or talking during the songs. Last time I saw them was Mad Cool Madrid when they also opened with Release, serious goosebumps.

Thank you so much for the ticket
    @ScottHorvitz

Met two Finnish guys in Kater pub the night after: