Barry

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Need some Root!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Each of them are needed. STAT!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    April 24th.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Wife and I just rewatched the first two season.

1.) have always thought the show was amazing but I forgot how great it really was.

2.) No Ho Hang might be the greatest comic relief ever “ Fly like bugs bunny in Space Jam “ just the most brilliant lines.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    First two episodes of this new season are the best yet. The cold opening on first episode is perfect. 

No Ho Hank - Its just like my favorite line from the Shawshank Redemption " Get Rich Or Die Trying " 

Nearly fell off the couch with laughter. 

Easily the best thing on TV right now.  
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    NoHo Hank is possibly my favorite character on television 
    The short little bloopers thing on HBO isn’t too bad.

Hank’s the best. 
    forgot how absurd this show is.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    That Taylor guy was hilarious....
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    As the screen faded to black on the third season finale last night, I just sat their in silence just taking it all in for five mins.

God damn that show is amazing. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Matts3221 said:
    As the screen faded to black on the third season finale last night, I just sat their in silence just taking it all in for five mins.

It was intense. How bout that Bunny Colvin?!

Is next season their last?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Wasn’t crazy about the ending.
    hedonist said:
    I think it was my least favorite season.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    hedonist said:
    I think it was my least favorite season.
    Same here. 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    What exactly was the noise NoHo Hank was hearing when he was in that cell? Sounded like an animal or something, but it's never really specified what was going on. 

I wasn't all that into this season either. It was okay, but like you guys said, probably my least favorite of the three seasons. Some of the Sally stuff was good satire of how TV shows and TV executives work these days, but I can't say I found it very entertaining, especially within a show like Barry. There was a lot of good stuff throughout the season, but it just didn't seem to flow like the others. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    What exactly was the noise NoHo Hank was hearing when he was in that cell? Sounded like an animal or something, but it's never really specified what was going on. 

Akhmal getting eaten alive by a panther/tiger/some exotic jungle cat. 
    I think they don't show it on purpose to put you in Hank's shoes 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Jumb0 said:

Yeah they did a good job of putting you in Hank's shoes. I just couldn't for the life of me remember who was in the other cell. I have to admit I wasn't as focused on this season as I was others. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Jumb0 said:

Yeah they did a good job of putting you in Hank's shoes. I just couldn't for the life of me remember who was in the other cell. I have to admit I wasn't as focused on this season as I was others. 

I honestly didn't know who it was either until reading on another board. It was obviously one of Hank's men but didn't know which one.
    Matts3221 said:

I think original Bill Hader talked about 4 totally seasons but I think he is now open to more.

Matts3221 said:
    Matts3221 said:

I think original Bill Hader talked about 4 totally seasons but I think he is now open to more.

Interesting. Having a hard time figuring out how the stretch it out longer than one more. 

I can't quite put my finger on exactly what I liked less about this season compared to the first two. It sorta felt like he was just flailing in the wind each week. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited June 2022
    Matts3221 said:
    Matts3221 said:

Interesting. Having a hard time figuring out how the stretch it out longer than one more. 

I can't quite put my finger on exactly what I liked less about this season compared to the first two. It sorta felt like he was just flailing in the wind each week. 
    I found it to be my favorite season , although I know a good number of people who would disagree.

I think it’s steering more to a drama than a comedy / drama ( although amazing jokes in almost every episode ) 

it seems ever year they write themselves into a corner and always find a way out.

I do agree it’s hard to think were the show will go but I’m along for the ride.

as a side note Barry just on the ground making pure just agonizing gut wrench screams as he cry’s down his life knowing he is going to hell ( assume that was what the beach scene was to represent some sort of purgatory) was just unreal.

also he does a great job of showing horrific things without showing them like the lion or tiger tearing Hanks friends to death.
    Season 4

April 16.....

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    Bumping this!

I just rewatched the first two seasons and will re-watch season three this weekend.

I'm really hoping Hank and Cristobal open a boutique hotel in Santa Fe and live happily ever after.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    Hell yeah. Such a great show.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    ANYONE WATCHING
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    ANYONE WATCHING
    Fantastic season thus far. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Haven't finished season 3 yet...
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    Haven't finished season 3 yet...
    I think this is much better than 3. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Almost finished S3..love this show..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..