The Who - Christmas

ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
Is it a Christmas song?  

Does it have a place amongst other Christmas songs in a Christmas playlist. (it does in mine.) 
Toronto 2000
Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
Boston I&II 2004
Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
Toronto I&II 2011
Buffalo 2013
Toronto I&II 2016
10C: 220xxx

Comments

• As a Who freak I must admit that I have never played The Who's Christmas on Christmas day.

I do however love the song, and will give it a spin this Christmas.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    edited June 2022
    Last night, I was watching that great Who documentary, "Amazing Journey, The Story of The Who".  Toward the middle of the film, in what they call "Chapter 2, Side 6", there is a black and white clip of the band playing the song "Christmas".  I had seen this clip before but never really focused on it.  When I got to that part last night, it simple knocked me out of my chair and I backed it up and watched it again... and again... and again.  There is one moment where Roger, Keith, and Pete are playing and they simultaneously throw their hands in the air- Roger while singing, Keith while literally flying up out of his drum stool to get extra oomp in the beat, and Pete while wheeling out a power chord.  That moment is riveting.  So much so, I never noticed the subtitles at the top of the screen... until last night.  And then I noticed the words "Leeds University" and the date in 1970.   I never realized the clip was from Leeds!  It's phenomenal and the who film is terrific. If you love The Who, you HAVE to see this!  

OOH!  Found the footage here at 2:35.. WOW!

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    brianlux said:
    Last night, I was watching that great Who documentary, "Amazing Journey, The Story of The Who".  Toward the middle of the film, in what they call "Chapter 2, Side 6", there is a black and white clip of the band playing the song "Christmas".  I had seen this clip before but never really focused on it.  When I got to that part last night, it simple knocked me out of my chair and I backed it up and watched it again... and again... and again.  There is one moment where Roger, Keith, and Pete are playing and they simultaneously throw their hands in the air- Roger while singing, Keith while literally flying up out of his drum stool to get extra oomp in the beat, and Pete while wheeling out a power chord.  That moment is riveting.  So much so, I never noticed the subtitles at the top of the screen... until last night.  And then I noticed the words "Leeds University" and the date in 1970.   I never realized the clip was from Leeds!  It's phenomenal and the who film is terrific. If you love The Who, you HAVE to see this!  

OOH!  Found the footage here at 2:35.. WOW!

dammit dude....  I read your whole comment to see if you thought this was a Christmas song. lol 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx