New Incubus?

Champagne BreakfastChampagne Breakfast Posts: 1,526
edited April 2009 in Other Music
Any Incubus fans?

A little confused...a few weeks ago i received an email from their label saying Incubus is putting out a greatest hits vol 1 record then the summer tour will support it. Now today I see on their website etc the new record out June 16th is actually a new release. Not greatest hits/??

Anybody know???
PJ - 36
EV - 5
(**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    I like me some Incubus but I must admit i don't care for their singles at all

This is from their website, to answer your question:

>>Dear Friends:

>As you are hopefully aware, we will be touring North America this summer in support of the release of our >greatest hits record, Monuments and Melodies, due out June 16th. You can pre-order the record now through >our website at http://www.enjoyincubus.com and immediately qualify to be part of an exclusive concert ticket pre->sale in a city of your choosing. The presale schedule is as follows (All times are local):

note: Black Heart Inertia is the new song on said album
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I was too. Heres what it is... a 26 song "album" 13 of the songs are greatest hits, 11 of them are rare unheard b-sides, and 2 of them are actual new songs. Its not a new album, but they are treating it like one. its claled Monuments and melodies, instead of just "greatest hits" and they are doing a tour to support it. (which Ill be seeing).

Did you hear the new song Black Heart Inertia on the radio? its pretty good. I like the solo towards the end.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • TallGuyCMTallGuyCM Posts: 328
    Did you hear the new song Black Heart Inertia on the radio? its pretty good. I like the solo towards the end.

Yeah, Mike's guitar prowess has always been my draw to the band...while BHI is a little too Agoraphobia-like, his little mini solo kicks ass and saves the song.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I was too. Heres what it is... a 26 song "album" 13 of the songs are greatest hits, 11 of them are rare unheard b-sides, and 2 of them are actual new songs. Its not a new album, but they are treating it like one. its claled Monuments and melodies, instead of just "greatest hits" and they are doing a tour to support it. (which Ill be seeing).

Incubus never disappoints. Black Heart Inertia is a cool song, for sure. I'm seeing them in Salt Lake, should be a great show! I'm excited as hell for the new release too.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    dcfaithful wrote:

Incubus never disappoints. Black Heart Inertia is a cool song, for sure. I'm seeing them in Salt Lake, should be a great show! I'm excited as hell for the new release too.

yup, Incubus is always good. Not a bad song in their catalogue.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I like Incubus, but their last couple of albums have been pretty bad.

The last few radio singles...terrible!
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    I like it all and seeing them live is incredible. I highly recommend it ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfpBfcuCJo8
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Not sure what Incubus thread is active (if any?), but the title of this thread stood out because they haven’t released an album since 2017! When will we get new stuff?

I feel like a horrible “fan” because I have always enjoyed them even though I never made the plunge into all their work… until recently. And I have never seen them live; what is wrong with me?? Changing that this summer though. 

If Not Now, When? has to be one of my favorite albums of all time. They have tons of great work but this one stands out for me. 

Just an appreciation post. I feel like they fly under the radar too much. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Not sure what Incubus thread is active (if any?), but the title of this thread stood out because they haven’t released an album since 2017! When will we get new stuff?

I feel like a horrible “fan” because I have always enjoyed them even though I never made the plunge into all their work… until recently. And I have never seen them live; what is wrong with me?? Changing that this summer though. 

If Not Now, When? has to be one of my favorite albums of all time. They have tons of great work but this one stands out for me. 

Just an appreciation post. I feel like they fly under the radar too much. 
    they've never toured canada so I've never seen them live either. I really would love to. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    I saw them years ago in Edmonton. I believe it was for Light Grenades. Really good show. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Can't wait to see them this summer
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com