Your Favourite Concert Pictures (yours or others)

HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
edited March 2022 in Other Music
I'm no photographer. And I have just an iphone for the job. But I love a well-timed concert picture. Post your own, or if you post a pro's, please give credit or link to their work. I'll start:

A shot I took at The Watchmen show this past Saturday. 
Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on

Comments

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Here is one from Badflower last fall. Shot on iPhone as well.

Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    awesome! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I have a bunch of cool ones imo! I will spread them out over time, but here are 2 others that came to mind. Also iphone, but a simple black and white filter. Rare Creatures on top, Highly Suspect below. 

Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    awesome! 
    Great topic for a thread! I love seeing and taking concert photos 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    awesome! 
    yeah, I usually do my best to keep my phone in my pocket during shows. people having them overhead constantly, annoy the shit out of me. But I'll take it out when I know a certain shot might be coming, based on the dynamics of the song. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

awesome! 
    yeah, I usually do my best to keep my phone in my pocket during shows. people having them overhead constantly, annoy the shit out of me. But I'll take it out when I know a certain shot might be coming, based on the dynamics of the song. 
    Exactly. I have 2-3 songs going in that I am prepared and listening for along the way to catch a video or photos 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Here are two favorites that I included in my music memoir that my friend Paul took when we saw The Who in San Jose in 1968:
    IMG

IMG

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

sweet shots brian
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JT167846JT167846 Posts: 782

Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
    edited March 2022
    wow, is that one of yours?? that's a framer if I ever saw one. I've been searching for years for pics of Chris' solo show here where I was row 2. didn't have a phone at the time, so no camera. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited March 2022
    sweet shots brian

Funny thing is, Paul recently asked me if these were from the Fillmore show.  He went to both the Fillmore and the San Jose Civic which were just a day or two apart.  I only went to the San Jose show.  I suppose it's possible this is from the Fillmore show but if so, Pete wore the same outfit, used the same equipment, and finished the show with the same pose.  So to me it makes little difference.  I still say this is San Jose but whose gonna trust either of our 70 year old memory banks?  laugh

I would love to post my Hendrix photos here and although I have tif copies on my computer, the originals are now with Hendrix LLC in the Hendrix archives.  They retained my photo credits and some of them could possibly eventually be used in a future Hendrix release, but other than having permission to use them in my book, they now retain the copyrights, so reproducing them here could be problematic.

And by the way, your original post photo is excellent!  Perfectly timed!
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    sweet shots brian

Funny thing is, Paul recently asked me if these were from the Fillmore show.  He went to both the Fillmore and the San Jose Civic which were just a day or two apart.  I only went to the San Jose show.  I suppose it's possible this is from the Fillmore show but if so, Pete wore the same outfit, used the same equipment, and finished the show with the same pose.  So to me it makes little difference.  I still say this is San Jose but whose gonna trust either of our 70 year old memory banks?  laugh

I would love to post my Hendrix photos here and although I have tif copies on my computer, the originals are now with Hendrix LLC in the Hendrix archives.  They retained my photo credits and some of them could possibly eventually be used in a future Hendrix release, but other than having permission to use them in my book, they now retain the copyrights, so reproducing them here could be problematic.

you have hendrix photos are now owned by Hendrix LLC? so COOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

this was one of my more perfectly timed and positioned shots. this is Hugh Dillon of the Headstones. Holding up two destroyed microphones as the crowd went wild (he often destroys microphones on stage). the band's H logo nearly perfectly centered behind him. wish it looked a bit clearer, but had a crappy phone at the time (2018). 

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited March 2022
    I know Meg. who are the rest? that second pic, whoever it is, is fucking awesome. nicely done.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    edited March 2022
    The unclearnes adds a good effect. I like imperfect pictures. That's how we are things. Not frozen in high def. F that s. 
    Post edited by Loujoe on
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    edited March 2022
    I know Meg. who are the rest? that second pic, whoever it is, is fucking awesome. nicely done.
    Thanks that pic and the Meg pic are probably my favorites. I'll have to look through my PJ related ones.

second pic was from a band called The Horrors. That's their lead singer, Faris.They played a tiny venue/bar in philly back in '07
    third pic is Jesse Hughes (lead singer of Eagles of Death Metal)
    last pic is Peter Hayes from Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    brianlux said:
    sweet shots brian

you have hendrix photos are now owned by Hendrix LLC? so COOL

Yeah, the ones in my book plus some other color slides I took.  I wanted them to be in the archives so I arranges with John McDermott to have the LLC purchase them.  What they offered seemed really low, but I wanted them archived so went ahead and made the deal.
    What would really make the deal sweet would be to see one of the in a release some day!

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    The crowd at Jack White 2014. Such a great show! I'm the 3rd person from the left on the rail, looking pretty happy, lol.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Ryan Adams in maybe 2017 at the Orpheum. He was acting like a huge asshole all night long, lol, but the music was great.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited April 2022
    I took this at the Killers concert I saw at Madison Square Garden (I won the entire trip to NYC plus the concert!).

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    And I just love this one because Gord. He looked up at the Lord above and said, hey man, thanks. Now that was a good fucking seat for that show. I believe it was 2016.

wow, that gord shot is GOLD
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JT167846JT167846 Posts: 782
    wow, is that one of yours?? that's a framer if I ever saw one. I've been searching for years for pics of Chris' solo show here where I was row 2. didn't have a phone at the time, so no camera. 
    Yeah one of mine from Dublin. Had to be secret squirrel about it. Took one then stowed camera. Not sure how big the file is so resolution might not be the best if blown up but love how it turned out.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
    JT167846 said:
    Yeah one of mine from Dublin. Had to be secret squirrel about it. Took one then stowed camera. Not sure how big the file is so resolution might not be the best if blown up but love how it turned out.
    I love it too. how the shadow kind of surrounds him....looks very cool. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ymalkielymalkiel Posts: 129
    This is my favorite concert photo of all time: Bob Gruen’s picture of The Clash live in Boston, MA. February 16, 1979.
    ✌🏼❤️
    this is Big Wreck at the Burton Cummings Theatre in 2018. I hesitate to post this one, as you can now see what I look like, lol. I'm the one in glasses looking like I'm about to propose to Ian (with the Deep shirt on). I actually saw this pic online the day after the show. pro shot. a local photog by the name of dan harper.

the second one was one I took.. I purposely put Ian off to the left as I wanted to get the effect of the lighting behind him.

the third pic is of the drummer right when the band came out on stage., he was the first out, and I liked how you can only see him as a shadow. 

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Currently loving this photo by Andi K. Taylor of Foo Fighters — Taylor Hawkins and Pat Smear — at Coney Island, September 13, 2022. I was at this show, and while Pat was playing his guitar solo during their cover of Queen’s “Somebody To Love,” Taylor went over and climbed on him with this hug. I think this picture perfectly capture the love, joy, and camaraderie shared between the band members, and with their audience. 
    ✌🏼❤️
    Here are a dozen of my favorite concert photos that I’ve taken over the past 5 years or so. 
    ✌🏼❤️
  • iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    I took this photo at a Death Cab For Cutie show in Vancouver a couple of years ago...may be my favourite!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018