*** Marseille Fanviews Here 9/9 ***

i got idi got id Posts: 862
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Opening Band: My Morning Jacket

Pearl Jam Set List: Long Road, Why Go, Do The Evolution, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Whipping, Red Mosquito, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Given to Fly, Down, Even Flow, Wishlist, World Wide Suicide, Glorified G, [highlight] Satan's Bed [/highlight], Porch

1st Encore: [highlight] Fatal [/highlight], Off He Goes, Black, I Believe In Miracles, Alive

2nd Encore: Last Exit, Leash, Better Man, [highlight] Dirty Frank [/highlight], Comatose, Fuckin' Up

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Post your Fanview here if you were in attendance.

Early Set List Source: Message Pit’s “justam”

Set List Source: tenclub.net, sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam and theskyiscrape.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    great great setlist
    wish i had been there
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • best setlist so far this europe tour
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Fuckers fuckers fuckers. I hate the fuckers at this show. Hate em! :D
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    FATAL! wow. I am a jealous girl...what a cool setlist
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    Thats a fine setlist right there. Bit surprised that Education hasnt been given another outing since the Dublin show. I loved it, thought it came across really well live. But Fatal, Red Mosquito, Long Road, Satan's Bed........very cool setlist! Wish i'd been there!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • that has got to be the most unbelievable setlist i have ever encounterd.
    i mean, i can take down and wishlist. i can take satn's bed. hell, i can even take dirty frank. i can barely fathom fatal and off he goes.
    but all of those - fuckin' TOGETHER?!?!?!
    insane!!!
    i hope athens is half as good...

phil. 10/03/2005
    toronto 1 + 2
    N.J 1 + 2
    and soon: athens. yeah!
    sign THE petition!!!
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pearljam_to_israel/index.html

10/03/05 philadelphia
    05/09/06 toronto
    05/10/06 toronto
    06/01/06 e. rutherford
    06/03/06 e. rutherford
    09/30/06 athens
    06/12/07 munich
  • WOW!!! Definately the best setlist for Europe so far.
    Fatal, Down, Red Mosquito and DIRTY FRANK!!!!

Without a doubt a setlist for the PJ purist!!
    "i'm lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side"
  • I see we haven't figured out this whole "only post here if you've been to the show" thing.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    wow Red Mosquito, Satan's Bed, Fatal, Off He Goes and Dirty Frank with Long Road opening is out of this world. I didnt know which one to buy before this show but this is a must buy.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    I see we haven't figured out this whole "only post here if you've been to the show" thing.

Veuillez signaler votre setlist-cher Marseille étonnant fanviews-an, France, comment était l'exposition ?
    Merci beaucoup !
    In other words,
    Please post your fanviews-an amazing setlist-dear Marseille, France, how was the show?
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Best set list from Europe
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I see we haven't figured out this whole "only post here if you've been to the show" thing.

I stay off the threads usually, but simply must rave on this setlist! Sounds like one to maybe get.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I hope Paris is as good. I'm going to Paris and Bologna.
  • pghaspghas Posts: 128
    Oh, to be in France!!

Oh, to be in Paris but have traveled to Marseilles!!

Oh, to see PJ twice while there!!

I was in Paris but alas, two weeks ago. I only wish life permitted me to arrange the best trip I've been on in ten years to coincide with the greatest band in the world playing there. But twas not to be.

But I'll still take the trip I had. And download the bootlegs. I did get to see them here. Hope those of you that went had a great time. What a totally kickass setlist.
  • bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    JaneNY wrote:
    I stay off the threads usually, but simply must rave on this setlist! Sounds like one to maybe get.
    I guess the fans are crashed out---hopefully we'll get a play by play --demain ? (tomorrow?)
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • I need a review of this show...

Introducing Fatal! are you kidding me????? Would have paid good money to see this whole set.
  • Just got back home. I had a short rest after the show and then 3 hours drive.
    Amazing setlist. Can you believe they played Dirty Franck ?
    The crowd was hot. I feel like I just went out of a washing machine ...
    I have been waiting for 6 years to see them again in France and that was worth waiting such a long time.
    Now it's almost 5am ... time to go to bed. I have a train for Paris later today.
  • probobly in the top 3 for best setlists this year
    "I forgot the F***ing song."
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322
    The overall badassness of this setlist more than makes up for the fact that it closes with Fuckin' Up.
  • Great setlist!!!!

FATAL!!! what a surprise!!!
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • tidus10xtidus10x UK Posts: 119
    Now that is what I call a dream setlist, to get all these firm favorites of mine in one night - Long Road, Red Mosquito, Down, Glorified G, Satan's Bed, Fatal , Off He Goes, Last Exit, Leash

I wish I would have been there, can it get any better.....?
  • Kenny Olav wrote:
    The overall badassness of this setlist more than makes up for the fact that it closes with Fuckin' Up.

sorry to interupt the fanview..of people who were 'there'
    but...

Wtf?? the way i read that, you disagree with Fuckin' Up as a closer? I mean dont get me wrong YL and RITFW are great, and both awesome to see live, but during such an amazing setlist (i'd say best all year, and please dont get me wrong..i say setlist, not venue. If this were to have happened at say..the Gorge for instance...then i think that just might silence the Jammer masses, haha)
    but seriously i dont even know what im saying anymore...i guess im just sticking up for a song, that i think a) fuckin rocks in concert... and b) givin the diverse material, was probably a great choice.

sorry for the digression ... cant wait to hear more about how much this musta lit a fire under everyones ass.
    Definitly buying this boot.
    You don't have to stray .. two oceans away,
    Waves roll in my thoughts .. hold tight the ring...
    The sea will rise...Please stand by the shore...

Toronto'00, Montreal'00 Toronto'03 Montreal '03 Halifax '05
    Toronto'06 Montreal'06
  • Yeah it was the best show I have ever seen in life. Raw honest and peaceful in spite of that energy gnawing from Eddie's brilliant voice.
    I was there with my son and he LOVED it as much as we all did.
    Pure Rock pleasure.
    PS Isnt that set list missing WORLD WIDE SUICIDE?
  • OK, a few comments post show
    Eddie talked a bit french as for example to say that this was the first time ever they were playing in Marseille.
    He continued by adding "My french is like merde (=shit)
    Funny moment when they fucked up the beginning of Elderly ... Are we playing this one now ?
    Even Flow with Mike's solo behind his head and then Matt's drum solo. Great.
    They played a really extended version of Porch.
    Eddie did the "we belong together" tag at the end of Black and the crowd finished by singing "tututu tu tututu ..." Magic moment !
    Big surprise during the second encore : Dirty Franck
    As already said some other songs like Fatal, Red Mosquito, Leash were also a big surprise. This setlist is definitively a must.
    The crowd (at least the first rows where I was) went completely nuts when they started Why Go. And it continued like this the whole show. I was totally exhausted at the end but with a big smile on my face.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    sorry to interupt the fanview..of people who were 'there'
    but...

Wtf?? the way i read that, you disagree with Fuckin' Up as a closer? I mean dont get me wrong YL and RITFW are great, and both awesome to see live, but during such an amazing setlist (i'd say best all year, and please dont get me wrong..i say setlist, not venue. If this were to have happened at say..the Gorge for instance...then i think that just might silence the Jammer masses, haha)
    but seriously i dont even know what im saying anymore...i guess im just sticking up for a song, that i think a) fuckin rocks in concert... and b) givin the diverse material, was probably a great choice.

sorry for the digression ... cant wait to hear more about how much this musta lit a fire under everyones ass.
    Definitly buying this boot.

I agree. They closed with Fuckin' up in Dublin and it was brilliant. It means they leave on a real high note. I'd always prefer them to close with that than YL.
  • wow - just got back into the UK and I am exhausted! What an amazing night! I was at Reading and Barcelona before this show and I have to say this was the highlight. Down at the barrier with Eddie in as finer voice as I have ever heard and a really groovy almost funky feel to the setlist! The show seemed - I dunno.. almost sophisticated in a musical sense. The guys were tight as fuck and really grooving the crowd as much as rocking them.

Atmosphere was electric and to get Fatal, Satans Bed (AWESOME by the way - Eddie wrapped around the mike stand, barking out the lyrics, deep in concentration) and Dirty Frank was pretty special. Porch rocked hard to finish the main set with and Glorified G was a sweet surprise. One of the things I loved is that there really was not many people there - no more than 7,000 maybe (loads of empty seats at the back) and there was a real groove on. Not only were we really rocking out at the front but we even had enough space to actually dance a bit! Although there were some severe casualties just behind us (one girl fainted and had to be taken over the barrier after the fist chord of My Morning Jacket!!) Really really wanted to hear Lond Road and I got my wish.

2nd Encore was amazing. Fatal (one of my fave songs ever) followed by Off He Goes and then into Black. And WHAT a version of Black!! A beautiful twist on the We belong Together tag and then after the final chords the crowd carried it on with du duh du duh etc etc :-) Band was really touched and Mike particularly loved it. Alive was electric (as ever with the Euro crowds)

Last encore I was really flagging but Betterman had me in tears (weird as It never gets me like that!) And then LEASH!! Never thought I would see it. Magic!! Dirty was funky as hell! Eddie really delivered it and the band were so loving it! And then Fukin Up to finish... magic night.

I got the impression that with the smaller crowd and the fact that it was almost the lead up gig to the main event in Bercy tomorrow the band decided to cut loose a little and enjoy themselves with some tracks that they really wanted to play. It worked and the crowd loved every minute of the two plus hours they were on stage.

To all the English, Dutch and Canadian guys we shared it with in front of Stone - great to meet you.. you rocked!

And C/Karl (?? dont know which letter lol) and Emma - fucking fun hanging out in the queue and then down at the barrier. Dont lose touch - u have my sisters mobile. Maybe Athens???

All in all - felt privileged to have been there. A really special night.
  • CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Really sounds like a great great night and thanks for the review!

Definately the strongest setlist so far. Must admit I was beginning to fear that the setlist were too common this Euro tour, but the previous 2-3 nights really have had some interesting songs. I can´t wait to see them in Berlin and Athens later this tour. Hopefully they continue to treat us with some rarities and other "not so often" played songs!

rock on

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    ~

This Thread is designed exclusively for the lucky fans who attend the show.

Please refrain from posting your questions and comments if you yourself did not attend.

Thank you, edwho

~

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• what a great setlist...
  • edwho wrote:
    ~

This Thread is designed exclusively for the lucky fans who attend the show.

Please refrain from posting your questions and comments if you yourself did not attend.

Thank you, edwho

~

I really don't think anybody gives a fuck.
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.