Live On 4 Legs Episodes - Reaction To Running

Comments

• This ain’t no Ice Bowl. The band returns to Alpine Valley on summer solstice for good weather and good fun in one of the best touring years of 2003. Lots of great stuff happens here such as six Vs. songs in a row, a fan running out on stage for Crazy Mary, and blowjob buttfuck whatever. Listen below:

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • This one kicks off a 4 week celebration of the 30th anniversary of 1992’s rise of popularity. We kick off with an extremely important show, and one of the best boots of it’s time in Den Haag. Saying No, a 15 minute I’ve Got a Feeling and Porch with hijinks are just a few of the highlights we’ll talk about.

following episodes celebrating the era will feature Utrecht, Rotterdam and Unplugged

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• We just released our live song evolution on Crazy Mary today. It is a good series that we’ve worked extremely hard to produce. We take a song’s live history and break down every aspect of how it’s evolved, and this one is interesting because of how long it was kept from the set, and then the resurgence with Boom in 2003 soared and took the song to heights unimaginable back in 1993.

this episode is a part of our subscription service, but I’ll say if you enjoy listening to this kind of thing, it might be worth $1 a month to take it all in. You can sign up on the link:

https://liveon4legs.com/podcast/evolution-series-ep-17-crazy-mary/

• Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 924
    Tivoli. Known for being a t-shirt, but maybe some of the newer fans don’t realize what it’s actually from - this show. We are continuing our March 1992 coverage and there are a lot of stories to be told here, including the often told bike girl story, Ed’s new tattoo, Mike saying suck my ass and jerkoff in a Dutch interview, and the fans pissing Jeff off by kicking over his pedals. It’s all here, feel free to jump in and discuss.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    The first CD bootleg I ever bought! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737

Got the amazing opportunity to talk with a friend who owns an incredible amount of Pearl Jam related artifacts from early in 91/92/93. I wrote a story behind the background of everything, including a mystery Setlist that isn’t connected to any specific show. If you like looking at rare items that you likely haven’t seen before, I think this will blow your mind.

https://liveon4legs.com/blog/2022/03/03/pearl-jam-collectors-items-autographed-setlists/

This week we finish off our Holland 1992 run with the last of the bunch in Rotterdam. There are some interesting discussions here: for a long time, places like Five Horizons and other PJ outlets had the improv in the encore being listed as Straight To Hell, a Clash song that’s extremely vital to the band’s history. But that mystery has been debunked here. If you’re interested in finding out why, tune in.

the other thing that we bring attention to is this: going back to Five Horizons, they were usually very detailed with every show description, but not this one. Under this show write up, all it says is it was a fabulous night in Holland, it has to be seen to be believed. For a while, 5H had a video section, but it hasn’t been running since it’s conclusion. So many of you likely have no idea that McCready played fully naked on I’ve Got a Feeling. We tell that story with the that it doesn’t get lost to time.

• BrandenBranden Nevada Posts: 226
    The performance in question: https://youtu.be/kvrnSo1tEQA

The Better Band Podcast: BetterBandPod.com 
    Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3yVFPcY
    Google Play: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWRpYS5yc3MuY29tL2JldHRlcmJhbmRwb2QvZmVlZC54bWw

1995: 6.22 Sacramento, CA
    1997: 11.14 Oakland, CA (Rolling Stones)
    1998: 7.10 San Diego, CA; 7.16 Sacramento CA
    2000: 10.22 Las Vegas, NV; 10.25 San Diego, CA; 10.28 San Bernardino, CA; 10.31 Mountain View, CA
    2003: 6.01 Mountain View, CA; 6.02/6.03 Irvine, CA; 6.05 San Diego, CA; 6.06 Las Vegas, NV
    2006: 7.06 Las Vegas, NV; 7.16 San Francisco, CA
    2013: 11.26 Oakland, CA
    2022: 5.18 Sacramento, CA

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    What  a fuckin  legend
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Dear god
    www.cluthelee.com
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Got  to love him for it
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    People stage diving to the Beatles 😂
    GlowGirl said:
    People stage diving to the Beatles 😂
    More like stage diving to Jeff had one line, no two!

• mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    Branden said:
    The performance in question: https://youtu.be/kvrnSo1tEQA

This picture is what keeps Mike sober.
    Had to take a minute to react to the big news yesterday! If you’re craving more discussion on this, more Pearl Jam content, we break down the tour dates and pick out specific can’t miss days, and we’ll give you some insight on where we’ll be headed in May and September! Hope to see you all out there!

It’s a big anniversary today. 30 years ago inside Kaufman Astoria Studios, Pearl Jam played their iconic Unplugged performance. There’s a lot that went into this show that’s not commonly told, like that it happened merely hours after they returned from Europe and that the band had to rent their equipment. There is also a commercial break moment that happens during this show featuring an at the time unreleased Vs. track. Let that be a tease. And of course, we’ll talk about the incredible performances in full depth and some of the aftermath of them that helped propel them to superstardom.

I’ll call this a must listen:

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    Nice... like many others here I'm sure, I recorded this on VHS and watched it more times than I can recall back in the day. 

I'm looking forward to listening to this. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Nice... like many others here I'm sure, I recorded this on VHS and watched it more times than I can recall back in the day. 

I'm looking forward to listening to this. 
    Yes. I did as well. I probably still have the VHS around here somewhere.

East Lansing 1998 episode released today! Matt Cameron has a hell of a show, and we see the first hints of the biggest storyline from this second leg, a Breath sign appears in the crowd for what is assuredly the first time. Check out the episode:

It’s Pearl Jam fans Vs riot police at the first ever show in Hartford in 1996. It’s also a killer Jack Irons show, and features a great follow up to the Porch speech at Randall’s Island during Not For You

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    It’s Pearl Jam fans Vs riot police at the first ever show in Hartford in 1996. It’s also a killer Jack Irons show, and features a great follow up to the Porch speech at Randall’s Island during Not For You

I was there, we were in reserved seats and I remember the cloud of pepper spray spreading forward and all of us being confused, eyes and noses stinging....

Still a killer show though!
  • This might be the very first bootleg I had! Is this the one where Eddie sings in between songs "That's what you get when you push and shooove"?

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    JH6056 said:

I was there, we were in reserved seats and I remember the cloud of pepper spray spreading forward and all of us being confused, eyes and noses stinging....

Still a killer show though!

Us too! First show for all four of us - and we nearly had to leave, but we stuck it out, thankfully!
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    Hopin for a 2023 Hartford date if there's Fenway shows...
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • This might be the very first bootleg I had! Is this the one where Eddie sings in between songs "That's what you get when you push and shooove"?
    Same. Great boot and good memories on finding it. Picked it up in Europe in 1999, maybe.

May have dig out the cd for a little nostalgia.
    This might be the very first bootleg I had! Is this the one where Eddie sings in between songs "That's what you get when you push and shooove"?
    Yup that was during the madness surrounding Blood/Porch

Hopin for a 2023 Hartford date if there's Fenway shows...
    They loved it the last two times, I’d think they’d be itching to go back for sure

Today’s episode needs no introduction, but I might as well tell you what it is anyway. Katowice. A highly coveted Apeman boot and one of the most unique sets in 30 years. Want to know more about the stories and the song choices? Hope that you’ll be able to tune in for this one:

San Diego 2013 this week. For the next few weeks we’re gonna cover shows in locations that they’re about to travel to. A fun show where Ed’s mom Karen takes a healthy swig from a wine bottle. Family is the theme, as is the friendships and connections that are made in thanks to this band.