Options

London 2022 Hotels

Hi all, 

Been starved of live music for over two years now, sooooo looking forward to PJ in London next summer (all things being well obviously).

Just in the process of sorting this trip (flights from Scotland and hotel) and wondered if anyone has any good hotel recommendations?

This will double as my wife and I's first big trip away together since we had twins (4 years by the summer) so looking for it to be nice but also, as said, have twins, so can't break the bank either! Usually for a city trip I would pick the first half decent looking place within the vicinity of the venue but this time thought I'd see what the recommendations/experiences anyone has had and explore those options.

Thanks in advance to anyone with any tips or stories to share!

O
Isle of Wight, 23rd June 2012
Brooklyn, 18th October 2013
Memphis, 14th October 2014
Krakow, 3rd July 2018
London, 8th July 2022

Comments

• Options
    Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 429
    Don't stay anywhere near Hyde Park unless you want to spend a fortune. The venue is really close to the Underground so I'd suggest looking for somewhere to the west on the Central Line (look from Shepherds Bush up to Ruislip). 
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,488
    Ozzie said:
    Hi all, 

Been starved of live music for over two years now, sooooo looking forward to PJ in London next summer (all things being well obviously).

Just in the process of sorting this trip (flights from Scotland and hotel) and wondered if anyone has any good hotel recommendations?

This will double as my wife and I's first big trip away together since we had twins (4 years by the summer) so looking for it to be nice but also, as said, have twins, so can't break the bank either! Usually for a city trip I would pick the first half decent looking place within the vicinity of the venue but this time thought I'd see what the recommendations/experiences anyone has had and explore those options.

O
    We found a nice AirBnB just a short walk from the park for a very reasonable price.
  • Options
    OzzieOzzie Posts: 230
    Don't stay anywhere near Hyde Park unless you want to spend a fortune. The venue is really close to the Underground so I'd suggest looking for somewhere to the west on the Central Line (look from Shepherds Bush up to Ruislip). 
    Thanks - that's a good shout. Coming in via Heathrow, should I take that in to any consideration?
    Krakow, 3rd July 2018
    London, 8th July 2022
  • Options
    Ozzie said:
    Hi all, 

O
    We found a nice AirBnB just a short walk from the park for a very reasonable price.
    Also a good shout - hadn't considered AB&B
    Krakow, 3rd July 2018
    London, 8th July 2022
  • Options
    UKBgirlUKBgirl UK Posts: 99
    Depends on budget - we're going to the Columbia, just outside Hyde Park, reasonable for London (£350 total for 3 nights for 2 people).  Look to Paddington/north of the park - prices are at least half of anything Kensington/Mayfair/Belgravia and still walking distance.  
  • Options
    chelsea48chelsea48 Posts: 594
    http://www.imperial.ac.uk/visit/summer-accommodation/stay-with-us/princes-gardens/
    This is central, prices not advertised. Used as student accommodation in term times.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    edited January 2022
    The last few times I have been to London I have stayed in two places:
    Holiday Inn Express in Victoria - very small rooms, great location and usually under 200.  Perfect when all you need is a bed and a shower.
    Apex Temple Court - Stumbled on this by accident.  More upscale, central location, nice restaurant, larger rooms, some of which have a small balcony.  Walking distance to the original St. John restaurant and a great pub near the royal courts of justice. Close to 350 per night.

Edit: the name of the pub is the Edgar Wallace and they serve a great Ploughmans!
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone. Ended up going for the Columbia just north of the park as someone recommended - pretty cheap for two nights and thought it better to be close by for after the gig rather than needing a tube in/out.
    Krakow, 3rd July 2018
    London, 8th July 2022
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 238
    Also i recommend downloading the citymapper app - it will be your best friend in London for getting around by any means of transport. And from Heathrow prob quickest and easiest would be getting the heathrow express or the cheaper TFL rail line up to Paddington and then walk to hotel as i think its pretty close if memory serves.
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    Had tickets for Josh Rouse and Dandy Warhols this week in Leeds both cancelled citing COVID restrictions, praying these PJ shows in London go ahead, been too long
    Neil Young & Pearl Jam Dublin 1995, Leeds Festival 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Leeds 2014, Amsterdam 2018, London 1 2022, London 2 2022
  • Options
    Had tickets for Josh Rouse and Dandy Warhols this week in Leeds both cancelled citing COVID restrictions, praying these PJ shows in London go ahead, been too long
    Nooo - last thing any of us wants to hear is more covid cancellations... fingers crossed!
    Krakow, 3rd July 2018
    London, 8th July 2022
  • Options
    Micheyb21 said:
    Also i recommend downloading the citymapper app - it will be your best friend in London for getting around by any means of transport. And from Heathrow prob quickest and easiest would be getting the heathrow express or the cheaper TFL rail line up to Paddington and then walk to hotel as i think its pretty close if memory serves.
    Thanks - good tip!
    Krakow, 3rd July 2018
    London, 8th July 2022