Options

Am I in the Right Place?

Well, I've been in Ten Club for a couple of years now and never used this. It struck me recently how unifying music is in these times of rampant divisionism. I'm a musician and writer from England. I figured I'd try to use this as a way to meet some like-minds from all over the world who all have different stories and backgrounds and cultures I can learn from. But, this forum is confusing. Am I on the right thread, discussion, and what's the difference between a thread and a discussion?
What even is this? Me and technology have issues.
Anyway, happy holiday season to anyone who reads this and if you'd like to chat. Spool on to the thread.
Love!

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    edited December 2021
    Ccarr88 said:
    Well, I've been in Ten Club for a couple of years now and never used this. It struck me recently how unifying music is in these times of rampant divisionism. I'm a musician and writer from England. I figured I'd try to use this as a way to meet some like-minds from all over the world who all have different stories and backgrounds and cultures I can learn from. But, this forum is confusing. Am I on the right thread, discussion, and what's the difference between a thread and a discussion?
    What even is this? Me and technology have issues.
    Anyway, happy holiday season to anyone who reads this and if you'd like to chat. Spool on to the thread.
    Love!
    Welcome.. hard to know if you're in the right place, since we don't where you want to be.  But generally speaking, you are.  Discussions are what people use, driven by the forum category and specific topic.  You're in a quieter sub category.  Porch, Vitalogy, GTF, Lost Dogs, Other Music, and A Moving Train are active.  AMT is the place to go for political arguments in general.  Some people like that.  I do.  
  • Options
    tommy boytommy boy United States Posts: 686
    I would love to Respond.  I too feel that sometimes l don't "belong" in this Forum or FanClub, but speaking from experience- it is a great place to talk, agree disagree, and just sometimes just read posts. 
    It's been a weird 2 years to be human. 
    Anyways, you can always send me a message to chat.
    I'm here too. 
    Tommyboy-
    1996: TORONTO, TOLEDO, BUFFALO
    1998: BARRIE, PITTSBURGH, CLEVELAND*, MERRIWEATHER POST
    2000: TORONTO, PITTSBURGH, DETROIT, SARATOGA SPRINGS
    2003: TORONTO, BUFFALO*, CLEVELAND, MSG 1
    2004: TOLEDO, GRAND RAPIDS
    2006: PITTSBURGH
    2008: HARTFORD
    2009: PHILLY II
    2010: BUFFALO
    2013: BUFFALO