Live On 4 Legs Episodes - Reaction To Running

Comments

• Did you know that Shoreline Amphitheatre is far and away the venue the Pearl Jam has frequented the most? 21 times. Next closest are a bunch of venues with 11 (Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Tweeter Center in Mansfield and if I can recall, I think it’s the Camden amphitheatre) so this week is the Mountain View show from 2003, and now we have only 3 more from Shoreline left to cover!

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Today we started up a brand new series focusing on Pearl Jam’s TV performances over the years. We’ve released two episodes - VMAs 1992 with Jeremy is the episode available on our regular platforms and SNL 1992 is available for our subscription based platform on our Patreon, which is where the remainder of this series will be posted. If you want the extra content and don’t mind sporting the show $1, we’d love the support.

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• 36 songs ending a pretty big tour that probably doesn’t get the credit it deserves in hindsight just yet. An excellent tour closer, we discuss and stuff

• mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    Remember how fucking cold it was outside that night!?  Fantastic show!  Eddie was feeling REAL GOOD!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    mr bungle said:
    Remember how fucking cold it was outside that night!?  Fantastic show!  Eddie was feeling REAL GOOD!

That and how cold it was waiting in the lineup for the pop up shop :)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mr bungle said:
    Yup---it was cold and Ed was feeling no pain at all.

I'd also like to give a shout out to the nice ladies that kept buying me beer. They kept getting drinks and worried about their coats. I told them to put their coats on my seat & I'd watch them for them. They then bought me a beer every single time they went to use the RR or get a drink. So, I had about 10-12 free drinks that night! Ha!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SLC 1995 night 2. Brain Of J debut, excellent Not For You and Corduroy

• Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 924
    edited November 2021
    When Pearl Jam opened for the Stones. 1997 is that transitional year that doesn’t get talked about enough. We talk about the weird and obscure Pearl Jam stories that everyone else might not remember, so check this one out. There’s a great Easter egg at the end of the show 

• Happy Thanksgiving week, here’s one for all of you hitting the road today… bunch of Rats you all are…

• Great stories from the home shows this week. Check this one out for tons of great moments and speeches 

• A really good Setlist created due to frustration stemming from the rows in front being sold all to corporations. Barely any main set hits, lots of No Code and Vitalogy

• TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,354
    A really good Setlist created due to frustration stemming from the rows in front being sold all to corporations. Barely any main set hits, lots of No Code and Vitalogy

This was an add-on show to the tour and the second night of the Detroit shows. It's a very different setlist (and vibe) from the night before and I show that I often find myself returning to. Even during the show, I remember it being a special experience. Looking forward to listening to this episode. 
  • Travelar said:
    A really good Setlist created due to frustration stemming from the rows in front being sold all to corporations. Barely any main set hits, lots of No Code and Vitalogy

This was an add-on show to the tour and the second night of the Detroit shows. It's a very different setlist (and vibe) from the night before and I show that I often find myself returning to. Even during the show, I remember it being a special experience. Looking forward to listening to this episode. 
    I went to both nights, Detroit '03. My 3rd and 4th shows. 
    At the time, I thought night 1 was better. EV was very angry, and commented quite a bit about corporate sponsors. 
    "I could piss in that guy's cup,  and he'd probably like it better than Miller Lite..."
    Etc. 😄

But night two was,  and is special to me for that setlist, and even more so that the two nights had something like 50 unique songs. 

Thanks, PJ.
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Travelar said:

I went to both nights, Detroit '03. My 3rd and 4th shows. 
    At the time, I thought night 1 was better. EV was very angry, and commented quite a bit about corporate sponsors. 
    "I could piss in that guy's cup,  and he'd probably like it better than Miller Lite..."
    Etc. 😄

But night two was,  and is special to me for that setlist, and even more so that the two nights had something like 50 unique songs. 

Thanks, PJ.
    This was a great show, when I got to the window for my tenclub tickets  they apologized that they weren't able to secure the best seats for member and then they gave me a complimentary pair of lawn tickets for the following night!  The first and only time I got to experience a pearl jam double header.  The miller lite comment was classic.  Pretty sure steve earle played RITFW with them one of the nights.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited December 2021
    Such a fun few days for me . Jack Johnson opened for Harper at the Meadowbrook Music Festival the night before PJs first show on the 25th. Highlights for me were Bushleager “this is not a rebel song” on night one and the man trilogy on night 2. My favorite part of the rant from night one was the Sheryl Crow Big Boy shout out.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Hi! said:
    Such a fun few days for me . Jack Johnson opened for Harper at the Meadowbrook Music Festival the night before PJs first show on the 25th. Highlights for me were Bushleager “this is not a rebel song” on night one and the man trilogy on night 2. My favorite part of the rant from night one was the Sheryl Crow Big Boy shout out.
    LOL I forgot about that hahahaha
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • TheBeardedFellowTheBeardedFellow Posts: 294
    edited December 2021
    Loved the show; good times!

Kinda crazy how they added on a second show to Detroit in this tour in '03...played again here in '06-- and then have only played here 1 time in these past 15 years. As for concert-appeal, this was probably their least popular era (definitely attended non-Detroit shows in this time where friends got  'upgraded tickets' along with other people in the upper bowls...), and Detroit got an added show.  

2 Riot Act shows and 1 Avocado ...Then not one local show for Backspacer or scheduled-for-Gigaton. One show since Summer '06.

Detroit is a fantastic concert market, seven days a week. I know their touring was down and down to crappy-stadium shows pre-pandemic, but Detroit still deserves better. 
    Post edited by TheBeardedFellow on
  • This is the last official episode of the year. Finishing up the year-long hometown Seattle series with The Showbox show from 2002. Get to hear Ed possibly at his angriest during a War tag, and some Riot Act debuts.. oh, and since we’re being festive, Don’t Believe In Christmas too!

• Hey guys, check out our brand new mini-series. All of you old school boot collectors and tape traders would probably enjoy this. The series is called Hallucinogenic Recipe and chronicles what it was like to collect back before they made boots official. This episode is essentially Patrick and Brian’s introduction to the trader community and they’ll swap some stories about taping and going to CD stores to find some of the signature compilations. For the younger fan, this is a great glimpse into a world that was so vital for expanding knowledge and fandom of this band before we had the access to everything that we do now. Enjoy!

• It’s the end of the year, so like most media, we take the final week to look at the stuff we did. However, there’s a bit of a twist. We came up with a Pearl Jam Live Show Hall Of Fame. Ten shows that we covered from 2021 episodes will be inducted and 12 shows from prior years will also get “posthumous” inductions. There is a criteria for it, I won’t spoil the whole thing but in order for a show to qualify for the HOF we have to had covered it at some point. There are good shows going in and good shows getting left out, all of that will be explained in the show. 

What shows do you expect to get inducted into the inaugural class?

• First episode of the year! We dig into the 2005 Canadian tour’s Toronto show. There’s a narrative scoured throughout this one and it has to do with U2 and more specifically Bono. The topic isn’t favorable to say the least, but we try and put some perspective on it without making it a hate fest though. If you haven’t listened to Bono’s… ramble on RITFW, it’s worth it to hear something really strange.

• GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    First episode of the year! We dig into the 2005 Canadian tour’s Toronto show. There’s a narrative scoured throughout this one and it has to do with U2 and more specifically Bono. The topic isn’t favorable to say the least, but we try and put some perspective on it without making it a hate fest though. If you haven’t listened to Bono’s… ramble on RITFW, it’s worth it to hear something really strange.

Still better than Eddie coming out for Old Man River....
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Gibson said:
    First episode of the year! We dig into the 2005 Canadian tour’s Toronto show. There’s a narrative scoured throughout this one and it has to do with U2 and more specifically Bono. The topic isn’t favorable to say the least, but we try and put some perspective on it without making it a hate fest though. If you haven’t listened to Bono’s… ramble on RITFW, it’s worth it to hear something really strange.

Still better than Eddie coming out for Old Man River....
    At the very least, that Old Man River sounds a little like Guiding Light by Television

• Worcester 2013, known for the return of Fatal. Where’s the narrative for this one? We try and find it, Lightning Bolt shows will be at a minimum this year so enjoy them while they’re here. Leave your memories.

• If you went to Noblesville in 98, maybe you’d enjoy looking back on this. If you didn’t go to Noblesville in 98, maybe you could learn/listen to a set that’s new to you? Or ignore this entirely, that is also an option!

• For those of you out there who harp big on NYC, Philly and Chicago shows being the best of PJ’s catalog, then you may be forgetting that Berlin has had some of the best shows happen in all of Europe. 2009 is certainly one of them. 4 Binaural songs and Lost Dogs including Brother and Hard to Imagine. Lots of big moments to relive in this one, so help give us some attention and support your local PJ podcast.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    One of the top 2009 shows right there! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • The next time we’re in Cleveland I think we’re gonna need a lyric change to “those ignorant Guardians got nothing on me”

here’s a pod

• We react to the first three nights of the Earthlings tour:

• Imagine living in a country that Pearl Jam continues to ignore on tour for 12 years. What do you think that would feel like to see them in your home nation for the first time? That’s the basic premise of this episode, getting a first hand look at a crowd and a fan in specific who needed to see the Pearl Jam contingent in Sweden: