Arnhem

jim29nylijim29nyli Posts: 10
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Anyone else from the states attending the Arnhem show?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BeAStarBeAStar Posts: 61
    I will be there (I'm from Columbus, Ohio) w/my best friend (who is from Cleveland, but living/working outside London).

Can't wait - are you going to any other Europe shows?
    nothing comes from nothing
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    Im from Pennsylvania and will be there!
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • jim29nylijim29nyli Posts: 10
    awesome. i am only going to that show because i wil be in amsterdam that week.
  • chittychitty Posts: 575
    jullie zijn heel gelukikg mensen!!!
    Have a blast in Holland.
  • You should come, if for no other reason but to be my translator. I'm from Vancouver too!
    jim29nyli wrote:
    awesome. i am only going to that show because i wil be in amsterdam that week.

Travel another couple hours and you can see them in Antwerp the following night!!
  • mistymisty Posts: 57
    You should come, if for no other reason but to be my translator. I'm from Vancouver too!
    I'm going to Vancouver just less than two weeks after the gig. Are you going back to Canada?
    Why do I keep fuckin' up?
  • I'm doing a trifecta: Radiohead in Amsterdam on the 28th, PJ in Arnhem on the 29th and PJ in Antwerp on the 30th. I don't have anyone to roll with during this mission and I have extra tickets to the Arnhem and Antwerp shows. Can I get a ride with anyone from Amsterdam to Arnhem? How about Arnhem to Antwerp? I was hoping to meet some other fans once I reach Amsterdam on the 26th, but now I'm not so confident that there will be a strong contingent in Amsterdam to meet.
  • BeAStarBeAStar Posts: 61
    I'm doing a trifecta: Radiohead in Amsterdam on the 28th, PJ in Arnhem on the 29th and PJ in Antwerp on the 30th. I don't have anyone to roll with during this mission and I have extra tickets to the Arnhem and Antwerp shows. Can I get a ride with anyone from Amsterdam to Arnhem? How about Arnhem to Antwerp? I was hoping to meet some other fans once I reach Amsterdam on the 26th, but now I'm not so confident that there will be a strong contingent in Amsterdam to meet.

I won't be in Amsterdam, but we will be traveling from Arnhem to Antwerp. The only problem is - I fly out of Antwerp, so you'd have to find a ride from there. Just PM me if that would work for you.
    nothing comes from nothing
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    There are a couple of threads going (though a bit dormant at the moment) for the Arnhem and Antwerp gigs. They should really be revived as the dates are approaching! The Antwerp one is called something like 'have a brel time - antwerp' and I can't remember the Arnhem one. Check them out..... :)

BTW - will be in Antwerp but I am staying in Brussels with family so not much help to you!
    I'm doing a trifecta: Radiohead in Amsterdam on the 28th, PJ in Arnhem on the 29th and PJ in Antwerp on the 30th. I don't have anyone to roll with during this mission and I have extra tickets to the Arnhem and Antwerp shows. Can I get a ride with anyone from Amsterdam to Arnhem? How about Arnhem to Antwerp? I was hoping to meet some other fans once I reach Amsterdam on the 26th, but now I'm not so confident that there will be a strong contingent in Amsterdam to meet.

Well it looks like you have a partner in crime!!
    Have you got a spare ticket for Radiohead, too? ;)

I'm likely to be in Amsterdam the weekend before Arnhem show.
    All fans going to Arnhem, where are you going to stay? I've just checked all hostels and it's all booked up.
    Locals, do you know of a place to stay at?

or real cheap is a campsite
    http://www.campingwarnsborn.nl/uk/index.html
    I change by not changing at all.
    daanarts wrote:
    if u willing to pay 80 euros there are plenty of hotels in the city

or real cheap is a campsite
    http://www.campingwarnsborn.nl/uk/index.html
    I'm not willing to pay that money so I suppose I'll end up in a non-stop bar :) Looking for a mate to drink with afterwards. And for your information, I'm czech!!! ;)
    Damn, well at least I know I won't go to another show in Netherlands. Bad place to chill after a real music experience. :(
    Arnhem 08.29.06, Antwerp 08.30.06, Copenhagen 06.26.07, Manchester 08.17.09, London 08.18.09, Berlin 06.30.10
  • chittychitty Posts: 575
    You should come, if for no other reason but to be my translator. I'm from Vancouver too!

you paying? I'd love to, been there the past few years. ENjoy it. The venue isn't the best. It is an indoor soccer stadium, hot, but it is a ga floor. Have fun!
  • daanartsdaanarts Posts: 130
    misty wrote:
    Damn, well at least I know I won't go to another show in Netherlands. Bad place to chill after a real music experience. :(

arnhem is just a pretty small place compared to amsterdam. so its all pretty local there. if ur lucky u could catch the last train to amsterdam after the gig and life is better there im sure.
  • Hey, I will be in Amsterdam the weekend before the 29th, and looking for fellow American's to haze through the streets with, and ride the rail to Arnhem on the 29th.
    Never been before, sure I won't remember anyway.
    Cheers to all the broken hearted.
  • PJ SwedenPJ Sweden Posts: 855
    Need a place to stay for two nights in Aenhem or close by on 28th and the 29th or 29th and 30th maybe, anyone know, since all the hostels seem to be fully booked. Appreciate any serious answers...Thanks
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Boston 2004-09-28
    Arnhem 2006-08-29
    Berlin 2006-09-23
    Copenhagen 2007-06-26
    Dublin 2010-06-22
    Berlin 2010-06-30
    Copenhagen 2012-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28