POLL - The WEAKEST LINK of AMERICAN BANDS - (NORTH) ROUND 2

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
Ok, with the new 'WEAKEST LINK' I will be staying with music and bands. However this time we will debate the greatest American Band.

Now since there are so many that limiting it to 10 would only cause chaos and confusion. I have decided to spread this 'Weakest Link' out into 4 different Polls. These polls will be identified tournament style as East, South, West, and North. I have tried to keep some cohesion with the band and geographic poll they are placed in, but couldn't do it for all. These polls WILL be occurring at the same time, so you will need to place votes in all 4 polls for each round. I did this so it wouldn't take so long to complete.

Each of the 4 polls will be narrowed down to the final 2, then I will take the 2 from each poll and make a Championship poll with 8 bands.

Alright, so here go. Lets determine the GREATEST AMERICAN BAND. NORTH REGION

You are going to pick the band that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the two (2) bands with the most votes. We will then move on to Round 3.

Soundgarden
Nirvana
Foo Fighters
Alice in Chains
Pixies - Eliminated Round 1
Cheap Trick
Heart
The Smashing Pumpkins
Stone Temple Pilots
Chicago - Eliminated Round 1

POLL - The WEAKEST LINK of AMERICAN BANDS - (NORTH) ROUND 2 48 votes

Soundgarden
0%
Nirvana
2%
HesCalledDyer 1 vote
Foo Fighters
20%
pjhawksmfc2006YefaerebusMay 30thed243421HobbesOffSheGoes351ThoughtKnownjoe159 10 votes
Alice in Chains
0%
Cheap Trick
35%
2-feign-reluctancemr bunglepjl44goldrushcutzmickeyrattbergsDewieCoxTim SimmonsGlowGirlbrewdog123Asterisk on the StreeteeriepadaveF Me In The BrainHughFreakingDillonultrapigbbiggs 17 votes
Heart
14%
mcgruff10pledgeagrievanceRP112579RS151862Abe Fromanmschostokwilliscummings 7 votes
The Smashing Pumpkins
12%
DukeSpiritjwhjr17BrainofBGAKearn5yAW124797brianlux 6 votes
Stone Temple Pilots
14%
PoncierSpiritual_ChaosdankindBLACK35eddiecNSLrossstothers 7 votes

Comments

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Happy Thanksgiving, and thanks for playing.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    Cheap Trick
    Can’t believe The Pixies got dumped so early 
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Foo Fighters
    goldrush said:
    It is surprising but there was some stiff competition from far more popular bands. 
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Foo Fighters
    goldrush said:
    It is surprising but there was some stiff competition from far more popular bands. 
    Pixies were the best band on the original list. Competition from more popular bands yes, but certainly not better bands. 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2021
    Foo Fighters
    Hobbes said:
    goldrush said:
    Pixies were the best band on the original list. Competition from more popular bands yes, but certainly not better bands. 
    That was my point. This is a popularity contest. I’m not in total agreement they are the best band in this list, but they deserved a better fate. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    The Smashing Pumpkins
    Definitely the weakest of the for corners of the compass. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Foo Fighters
    Hobbes said:
    goldrush said:
    That was my point. This is a popularity contest. I’m not in total agreement they are the best band in this list, but they deserved a better fate. 
    I had hoped that we were more refined and not base our votes on popularity. I know, I know, I was fooling myself with such high hopes. Bunch of dolts!
  • Foo Fighters
    Hobbes said:
    Hobbes said:
    goldrush said:
    I had hoped that we were more refined and not base our votes on popularity. I know, I know, I was fooling myself with such high hopes. Bunch of dolts!
    😂
    The Pixies influence on most of the bands on this list cannot be understated. Dave Grohl was worried Smells Like Teen Spirit sounded too much like the Pixies after they recorded it, for instance. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Cheap Trick
    Easy choice for me! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited November 2021
    Cheap Trick
    I'd vote Foos, but I actually dislike Cheap Trick more.

As for the Pixies, mad respect, but this isn't about influence, it's about output, whether we like some of the output or not.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Cheap Trick with 17 votes and the Foo Fighters with 10 votes have been eliminated in Round 2
This discussion has been closed.