POLL - The WEAKEST LINK of AMERICAN BANDS - (NORTH) ROUND 1

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
Ok, with the new 'WEAKEST LINK' I will be staying with music and bands. However this time we will debate the greatest American Band.

Now since there are so many that limiting it to 10 would only cause chaos and confusion. I have decided to spread this 'Weakest Link' out into 4 different Polls. These polls will be identified tournament style as East, South, West, and North. I have tried to keep some cohesion with the band and geographic poll they are placed in, but couldn't do it for all. These polls WILL be occurring at the same time, so you will need to place votes in all 4 polls for each round. I did this so it wouldn't take so long to complete.

Each of the 4 polls will be narrowed down to the final 2, then I will take the 2 from each poll and make a Championship poll with 8 bands.

Alright, so here go. Lets determine the GREATEST AMERICAN BAND. NORTH REGION

You are going to pick the band that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the two (2) bands with the most votes. We will then move on to Round 2.

Soundgarden
Nirvana
Foo Fighters
Alice in Chains
Pixies
Cheap Trick
Heart
The Smashing Pumpkins
Stone Temple Pilots
Chicago

POLL - The WEAKEST LINK of AMERICAN BANDS - (NORTH) ROUND 1 53 votes

Soundgarden
0%
Nirvana
1%
HesCalledDyer 1 vote
Foo Fighters
13%
Yefaerebused243421eddiecOffSheGoes35PJ_Souljoe159 7 votes
Alice in Chains
0%
Pixies
20%
pjhawksdarwinstheoryLedbetterman10mr bunglemickeyrattbergsEA5429static111Asterisk on the Streetjpayne1976Johnny Abruzzo 11 votes
Cheap Trick
7%
2-feign-reluctancegoldrushcutzbrewdog123 4 votes
Heart
5%
mcgruff10tempo_n_groove23scidoo 3 votes
The Smashing Pumpkins
7%
CantKeepmedownBrainofBGAAW124797brianlux 4 votes
Stone Temple Pilots
3%
Spiritual_Chaosjjflash 2 votes
Chicago
39%
Poncierpjl44mfc2006ComeToTXpledgeagrievanceTim SimmonsDC29940RP112579GlowGirlRS151862dankindeeriepadaveF Me In The BrainHobbesNSL1ThoughtKnownHughFreakingDillonultrapigwilliscummingsbbiggs 21 votes

Comments

• Foo Fighters
    I know I'm gonna be the only one voting against FF, but I don't give a damn.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Did you leave out Pearl Jam because you‘d expect them to win or because you don’t wanna see them not winning?
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    JPPJ84 said:
    Did you leave out Pearl Jam because you‘d expect them to win or because you don’t wanna see them not winning?
    yea, I would expect them to win. So I excluded them.
  • brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    Cheap Trick
    how could you leave out Phish? clearly im biased, but i feel like that is an easy one to include
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    edited November 2021
    Pixies
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    how could you leave out Phish? clearly im biased, but i feel like that is an easy one to include
    Yea, they were on my list. Just so many bands.
  • brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    Cheap Trick
    so Bon Jovi is better than Phish? ha, jk, i enjoy these
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Cheap Trick
    This one will be difficult. Cheap Trick just never resonated with me. The Replacements ate bands like theirs for brekkie! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Chicago
    FF was only saved from my vote by Chicago being on this list.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Foo Fighters
    Nah, their music sucks!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Stone Temple Pilots
    PJ_Soul said:
    Nah, their music sucks!
    I misses Foo in the list because Im drunk :angry:

And I dont think I have ever listened to Chicago
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    The Smashing Pumpkins
    No Pearl Jam?

By the way, MedozK , terrifically cool quadrosonic polls!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Chicago
    Soft 70s must go. 
  • Chicago
    Speaking of north, really excited about the weakest link of Canadian bands @MedozK. Would be interested in the names on your list. 
    Speaking of north, really excited about the weakest link of Canadian bands @MedozK. Would be interested in the names on your list. 
    Hmm, would have to do some research for that one.
  • Stone Temple Pilots
    MedozK said:
    Hmm, would have to do some research for that one.
    Tegan and Sara

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Chicago
    Can't stand Chicago. I blame my college roommate for this. Dude would blast their damn music all the time.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Stone Temple Pilots
    mfc2006 said:
    Can't stand Chicago. I blame my college roommate for this. Dude would blast their damn music all the time.
    Haha!

My dad often played their better known around the house so I have a soft spot for them.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Chicago
    jjflash said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Haha!

My dad often played their better known around the house so I have a soft spot for them.
    I never had a problem with them until I lived with Carl. LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Pixies
    A buddy got me to listen to Chicago II and now I really love it - couldn't stand this band before. I still haven't listened to anything past II.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Chicago (20 votes) and the Pixies (11 votes) have been eliminated in Round 1 
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Chicago
    Um... Pixies are the best band on this list and they're eliminated in Round 1? :open_mouth:
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    The Smashing Pumpkins
    Hobbes said:
    Um... Pixies are the best band on this list and they're eliminated in Round 1? :open_mouth:

No kidding.  Pixies beat out by Heart, Stone Temple, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains?  Y'all are leaving me scratching my head.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This discussion has been closed.